Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,103 members, 7,890,645 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:32 PM

Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? (8847 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / Gtbank: The Secrets Behind The Success Of Nigeria’s No. 1 Bank / Gtbank: The Bank You Shouldn’t Bank Upon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by masterj1: 5:01pm On Mar 22, 2010
Are u kidding? there are no cocksure banks especially in the face of recent developments but then GTbank stands out! there is something absolutely proffessional about their service. I am a 7yr old customer! i still can sleep with my two eyes closed!
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by axeman85(m): 5:21pm On Mar 22, 2010
Gtbank is no doubt the best performing bank in naija, BUT nevertheless lets all pray that we dont fall victim of this atm fraud. i receive countless emails on a daily basis at least 5emails a day all origination from gtbak asking for details as account suspend BUt trsust me i dey delete am straight away.

i was currently in feb in gtbank in ogba and the lady who was to attend to me just dissaperead from her desk and took at least 20mins to come back all because i wanted to register fro token to make 3rd party transactions and i could hear her collegues saying haa she was in the toilet. how can they be 1person doing same thing in a whole branch, and also because i didint know my account number i wanted to ask a lady working there and just because she was busy, she told me rudely that it wasnt her JOB but finally gave me what i wanted after i prodeuced my work ID card and told her if she was one of my staffs in my bank, she would have been Disciplined. smiley
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by sleekman(m): 5:32pm On Mar 22, 2010
As for me the worst bank is UBA. If u use best banking practices to measure their performance then I'll say GTB will come out tops.
-Best buildings
-Best customer service.
-Best use of ICT in the banking sector.
-First to adopt IFRS Financial reporting standards in Nigeria.
-Cheapest bank charges.
-Free ATM charges.

They are simply d best.
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by beejaay: 8:20pm On Mar 22, 2010
whats all this fuuss about gtb being the best bank.they are no where there.yes they myt be great when it comes to withdrawing,enquiries,confirmation,form fillings but they sucks when it comes to crisis managent which happen to be the most important from customer point of view. i was personnally duped of 900k by this bank via cheque that wasntsigned by me evennn when the signature didnt tie in no wway plus no calls,no sms alert for th transaction.wise ppl are already taking out there money from the bank.this is a bank that is on the brink of collapse but i bet unsuspecting customers will neva knoww.the reasom y casse is not already bein heard is because im not available.
like someone has already said,the bank has the largest number of different fraud case as confirmed by my lawyer.my only candid advise to fellow forumite is to be careful with money they have with bank
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by superstar1(m): 9:39pm On Mar 22, 2010
@ beejay

Just dey vex dey go, try other banks u will understand wot everyone is saying, from our p[oint of view they are simply da best, are they the ones committing the fraud or ur hapless youth stealing peoples atm card nos and password at atm points.it is an industry wide thing not only gtbank. go to uba and oceanic, there are enough simlar complaints of atm frauds. gtbank is the on;y bank that looks like a customer centric bank in 9ja. maybe diamond bank too. protect ur card and passwords esp at atm points, protect ur chequebook, and never reply some stupid mails and sms soliciting for ur password (if u do, then u must be mumu) and to a large extent u will curb fraud on ur a/c, i gbadun the bank jare
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by Nick1: 1:24am On Mar 23, 2010
I would have said UBA is the best but I cannot bring myself to say that because UBA charges me N100/month to access my account online. Other banks have long dropped this crude way of making profits. ONLINE BANKING IS FREE EVERYWHERE EXCEPT AT UBA. WHAT A SHAME. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by yinotinto(f): 11:16am On Mar 23, 2010
simply the best!!!!
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by sleekymag(m): 12:50pm On Mar 23, 2010
GTB is actually the best bank in my opinion. I've banked with them for close to five years now. The only problem these days is the congestion of new customers and its effect on the bank's existing infrastructure, particularly ATM transaction in areas of Lagos state where people reside more. Once its a weekend, i know i can't get money on sundays in particular ATMs by Sunday as people would have exhausted the cash available a day earlier, but there are still other branches though far apart, where one would still get money from the ATM anytime of the day or week.

My suggestion is for them to try and note these branches where money is quickly exhausted in the ATMs and devise a means of reloading them even during weekends. Of course a few other banks around with less customer patronage have their ATMs coming to the rescue, only that sometimes too they get exhausted, but only after GTB.

All other things being equal, GTB is still naija's best and customer-friendly bank.
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by xsey: 3:13pm On Mar 23, 2010
Don't like their services anyone
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by allboyz(m): 4:27pm On Mar 23, 2010
GTBank cool
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by sopey: 8:05am On Mar 24, 2010
No Doubt,GT is the most professionalised bank but need to open more branches to accomodate the growing customers.
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by milkan05(m): 10:45am On Mar 24, 2010
GT has the worst ATM interbank settlement resolution time. i used another bank' ATM card on a GT machine but it did not dispense cash. it took them about 4 freaking months to resolve the problem, went there to deposit like twice spent close to 2hrs depositing the money. Sometimes I wonder what all the fuss is about. angry angry angry

Me pops ran to the bank coz of word of mouth but 2yrs after he has returned to his former bank. He described them as 'sugar rush'. Very sweet at the beginning and but runs to ur head and you have a cold freeze sooner than later.

A friend had an issue with uncompleted mastercard transaction some days back and it wasn't resolved till he went to there to make noise and create a scene. the money that wasn't refunded in 2months was returned in less that 2hrs.

Personally I love the bank for no other reason than the swag that comes with the bank but asides that, they are having more customers than they can handle right now and that means poor service delivery.
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by realkemmy(m): 5:54pm On Mar 24, 2010
@milkan05, no system is flawless. If you talk about professional banking in Nigeria, GTB Rocks,
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by Mruzoh1: 8:19am On Mar 27, 2010
GTbank is one Bank in Nigeria with polite staffs, I love them,
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by nuttie522(f): 6:57pm On Mar 27, 2010
I use them too and they are unique, they just introduced one toll free number for banking transactions and reporting customer service issues. I call the number 24/7 and they don charge my credit a dime. The number is 0800482666328 (0800-GTCONNECT).Try it and see its 4 real. You can do most of your banking transactions on this number.
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by Emotivator(m): 11:36pm On Mar 27, 2010
GT is a proactive bank. They anticipate the trend, form it before others will then follow it. I give it to them anytime. They are the best and most trusted bank in Naija today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Microsoft Confirms African Development Center Layoffs But Denies Its Closure / Help!!! I Am Having Problem With My Gtbank Mobile App And Online Banking / The Price Of Ethanol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.