Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,171 members, 7,970,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 12:43 PM

FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis (6430 Views)

2 Lesbians Caught At Redeemers University / Redeemers University Graduate Sponsored By A Stranger Speaks / Bejide Ifeoluwa Is Redeemers University's Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis by EnkayDezign: 8:47am On Nov 07, 2017
Standing5:
Even the FG acknowledges that the ones they Fund heavily aren't operating at the required level.

Quite shameful indeed.

1 Like

Re: FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis by lebete3000: 9:00am On Nov 07, 2017
Statsocial:

They have no choice! Universities built on the Christian faith are known for excellence world over. I pray that when the Generals depart though that these Universities won't end up like Princeton, Harvard etc which are totally now alien to the core of their foundation.
Unfortunately, the Church has no mandate in industrialization, if it did I believe we would have some of the best industries in Nigeria.

Were Havard & Princeton owned by Missionaries?

Well they're are still a formidable and indomitable citadel of learning nevertheless their alienation from their foundation if it were actually so.
Re: FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 07, 2017
lebete3000:

Were Havard & Princeton owned by Missionaries?

Well they're are still a formidable and indomitable citadel of learning nevertheless their alienation from their foundation if it were actually so.
Yes they were owned founded by Christians and were tailored according to biblical principles just as redeemers and Covenant are today. The founder of Princeton in fact was the one who made the famous quote "any learning that isn't coincident with Christ is cursed"
Re: FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 07, 2017
arrestdarrester:

This has nothing to do with Osinbajo. Don't forget that one of the foremost researchers on yellow fever in the world in the person of Prof. Tomori was the immediate past Vice Chancellor of Redeemer's University. It was he who ensured that the university procured a PCR machine and an electron microscope for its use at a time when no university in Nigeria could boast of one functional one of the two. Prof. Tomori also brought Prof. Hapi from the UK to head the research arm.

The Ebola outbreak came after Prof Tomori left but he had prepared the university for the national challenge of handling the samples of suspected Ebola cases at the time.

Once again this has nothing to do with Osinbajo but with a visioner like Prof Tomori.
You are right. But we have PCR and I think the Scanning Electron Microscope in Covenant. Just saying.
Re: FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis by oladotcom: 10:06am On Nov 07, 2017
We're good with this now and nobody including Muslims is crying of any alterior motive of Christianisation of Nigeria. If the table turns I hope the CAN and their followers will not change the music!
Re: FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis by mapet: 10:48am On Nov 07, 2017
DangotePikin:
Christian universities are taking over.

This mentality is exactly is one of the problems we have.....much bigger than Monkey pox

2 Likes

Re: FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis by mapet: 10:50am On Nov 07, 2017
Sunnycliff:
Why not commission a federal school like UI, ABU, OAU OR UNN? What of our virology centres across the nation?

Osinbajo at work here

.....and the simple answer to your question is - WHY NOT?.

Osinbajo told the world that Africa has matured and is learning to solve her problems are own way.
Re: FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis by mapet: 10:51am On Nov 07, 2017
spongeisback:
If you need any more reason to believe that Adeboye is a fraud that is only after enriching himself and his sprogs here it is. As for those that will quote me to tell me about eternal torment and call me the devil don't bother. I could care less what you low thinking creeps have to say. If this project was given to an Islam university you fools will be jumping around screaming Islamization.

1. I agree with you on the bolded part.
2. I do not understand what how you arrived at Adeboye being a fraud here

1 Like

Re: FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis by mapet: 10:55am On Nov 07, 2017
Standing5:
Even the FG acknowledges that the ones they Fund heavily aren't operating at the required level.

That is a key problem. The universities themselves needs to bear the responsibility of their readiness or otherwise. It is not that the FG universities cannot do this project given to Redeemers, but how has the leadership of the FG universities sustained the capacity growth of the Universities?

Virtually all the lecturers in the private Universities had their roots in the FG/State owned Universities. Research collaboration is global, the internet has provided huge access to information and resources. What Redeemers are able to do, a lecturer in a typical Abia State University is able to do provided the infrastructure are made available

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis by mapet: 10:58am On Nov 07, 2017
tolustwart:
Nigerians and complains are like 5&6. When govt dont act Nigerians will complain now they are acting to solve a problem institute is what some people are complaining about.. The most important thing should be getting a positive result regardless of the institute.

Much more important than that, there are many positives that will come out of this. Nigeria will be a bastion of knowledge in this area. You can imagine the floodgate of research that will open up after Monkey-pox is finally contained, eliminated and cured? If we are fast enough, our Pharmaceutical industry can come up with patented-drugs which can be sold to other parts of the world.

1 Like

Re: FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis by mapet: 11:07am On Nov 07, 2017
dorothy111:

RUN was the only university that diagnosed EBOLA as well. Whether you'll accept it or not, the private institutions are taking over research.

Because they fund research. Any body, be it private or govt needs to commit to funding research. That is the missing link
Re: FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis by TheVictorious(m): 11:07am On Nov 07, 2017
nairavsdollars, seunny4lif, sulaimon22. For those of you asking why such a project has to be given to Redeemers university, when there are many other federal schools it could have gone to; I have a question for you: where were the same schools when RUN created innovative solutions towards the management and diagnosis of the ebola and lassa fever outbreak incidences? Are you aware of their internationally funded research cluster in that firld? Believe me, when it comes to medical laboratory diagnosis and public health, RUN has made a name for themselves, and this is evident in their recent research publications. They should have usurped CU and UI in the openness rankings last year by the impact of one of such papers alone but good enough, rankings span accross a period of time (at least five years) to ensure consistency.

1 Like

Re: FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis by Standing5(m): 11:32am On Nov 07, 2017
mapet:

That is a key problem. The universities themselves needs to bear the responsibility of their readiness or otherwise. It is not that the FG universities cannot do this project given to Redeemers, but how has the leadership of the FG universities sustained the capacity growth of the Universities?

Virtually all the lecturers in the private Universities had their roots in the FG/State owned Universities. Research collaboration is global, the internet has provided huge access to information and resources. What Redeemers are able to do, a lecturer in a typical Abia State University is able to do provided the infrastructure are made available
Re: FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis by oladotcom: 12:10pm On Nov 07, 2017
No name calling by Muslims/NSCIA now no holabaloo, but let the table turn and imagine the violent reaction by CAN and their so called followers over same similar jesture. A good example was the Sukuk bond.

Whether we like it or not, we know who is positive and those who hide under the shadows to throw arrows into the light and yet make the loudest noise in this country.

1 Like

Re: FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis by sulaimon22: 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2017
TheVictorious:
nairavsdollars, seunny4lif, sulaimon22. For those of you asking why such a project has to be given to Redeemers university, when there are many other federal schools it could have gone to; I have a question for you: where were the same schools when RUN created innovative solutions towards the management and diagnosis of the ebola and lassa fever outbreak incidences? Are you aware of their internationally funded research cluster in that firld? Believe me, when it comes to medical laboratory diagnosis and public health, RUN has made a name for themselves, and this is evident in their recent research publications. They should have usurped CU and UI in the openness rankings last year by the impact of one of such papers alone but good enough, rankings span accross a period of time (at least five years) to ensure consistency.

bros I dont have any problem about the research given to RUN in as far as its for d development of d society, but if u are conversant about the recent happenings in Nigeria u will no if dis kind of project was awarded to a school in the north all tru dis week nig will b boiling with islamization and northernization. Christians jst need to take tinz easy in dis country and shud stop making issue out of everytin
Re: FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis by TheVictorious(m): 3:04pm On Nov 07, 2017
sulaimon22:

bros I dont have any problem about the research given to RUN in as far as its for d development of d society, but if u are conversant about the recent happenings in Nigeria u will no if dis kind of project was awarded to a school in the north all tru dis week nig will b boiling with islamization and northernization. Christians jst need to take tinz easy in dis country and shud stop making issue out of everytin

So is acting like them the best way to correct them? I don't think so sir.
Re: FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis by sulaimon22: 3:32pm On Nov 07, 2017
TheVictorious:

So is acting like them the best way to correct them? I don't think so sir.

Am not acting like dem in as far as am in support of the research given to Redeemers University, All wat am pointing out here is for the Christians/CAN to stop criticizing stuffs like dis wen d table turns around
Re: FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 07, 2017
oladotcom:
No name calling by Muslims/NSCIA now no holabaloo, but let the table turn and imagine the violent reaction by CAN and their so called followers over same similar jesture. A good example was the Sukuk bond.

Whether we like it or not, we know who is positive and those who hide under the shadows to throw arrows into the light and yet make the loudest noise in this country.
Lol you get it wrong bro. It is not FG doing RUN a favour but RUN doing FG a favour. No public university in Nigeria can run that analysis with the expertise and facility as run has. The Ebola analysis RUN did with $86,000 had no FG contribution and when they requested it from FG. They simply pretended like they didn't hear it.
Re: FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis by TheVictorious(m): 5:07pm On Nov 07, 2017
sulaimon22:

Am not acting like dem in as far as am in support of the research given to Redeemers University, All wat am pointing out here is for the Christians/CAN to stop criticizing stuffs like dis wen d table turns around

Your point is duly noted sir.
Re: FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis by Housing(m): 6:09pm On Nov 07, 2017
dorothy111:

I don't like people like you. During GEJ regime, EBOLA virus was ragging, RUN was the only institution that invested on isolation of the virus. In fact, the school developed 5 minutes kit to diagnosed EBOLA virus.

Don't be surprise that RUN and CU are ahead of UI, Ife and other public institutions in research

STOP spreading lies which RUN developed ebola kit? Every results on ebola was CONFIRMED by WHO laboratory in Ivory Coast. That is why all the tests results took more than two days.
Re: FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis by Housing(m): 6:12pm On Nov 07, 2017
dorothy111:

I don't like people like you. During GEJ regime, EBOLA virus was ragging, RUN was the only institution that invested on isolation of the virus. In fact, the school developed 5 minutes kit to diagnosed EBOLA virus.

Don't be surprise that RUN and CU are ahead of UI, Ife and other public institutions in research

STOP spreading lies, which RUN developed ebola kit? Every results on ebola were CONFIRMED by WHO laboratory in Ivory Coast. That is why all ebola tests results took more than two days.
Re: FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 07, 2017
Housing:

STOP spreading lies, which RUN developed ebola kit? Every results on ebola were CONFIRMED by WHO laboratory in Ivory Coast. That is why all ebola tests results took more than two days.
http://punchng.com/redeemers-university-develops-ebola-test-kits/
Re: FG Commissions Redeemers University To Carryout Monkey Pox Analysis by oladotcom: 8:11am On Nov 09, 2017
Statsocial:

Lol you get it wrong bro. It is not FG doing RUN a favour but RUN doing FG a favour. No public university in Nigeria can run that analysis with the expertise and facility as run has. The Ebola analysis RUN did with $86,000 had no FG contribution and when they requested it from FG. They simply pretended like they didn't hear it.

I'm not arguing here and I know you understand pretty well what I'm talking about.

Like Yorubas will say "no matter how much it's the darkness, it won't make anyone be oblivious of the content of his heart".

What I'm against is the propaganda war that you guys always fight when the truth is obvious, even when the other party plays all the maturity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ongoing US Army Scholarship For Africans 2018 | US Army Requirement Form Applica / Photo: IMSU 2015/2016 Merit Admission List and CUT-OFf mark Is Officially Out. / DOWNLOAD TOTAL UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.