Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,347 members, 7,947,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 11:12 PM

Anti-tithing Thread - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-tithing Thread (9898 Views)

Pastor, Revivalist Calls Out Creflo Dollar For Anti-Tithing Pronouncement / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 14, 2017
[quote author=OkaiCorne post=62355282][/quote]
You're funny, who prays to man in this modern age?
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 7:55am On Nov 14, 2017
asuustrike2009:

You're funny, who prays to man in this modern age?

I don't understand you...where did I mention praying to a man?

By the way...the real thieves are those clamoring for what they have no legal or scriptural right to collect.

Kindly point out any scripture that gives Rabbis, Prophets, Scribes, Apostles or Pastors a right to collect TITHE. I want a passage that clearly spells this out. Thank you.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 14, 2017
OkaiCorne:

I don't understand you...where did I mention praying to a man?

By the way...the real thieves are those clamoring for what they have no legal or scriptural rights to collect.

Kindly point out any scripture that gives Rabbis, Prophets, Scribes, Apostles or Pastors a right to collect TITHE. I want a passage that clearly spells this out. Thank you.
Why are you questions that you already know. If you don't want to pay tithe no problem don't force your beliefs on most of us. I have asked time without number whether was against tithing yet you're mute
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 7:58am On Nov 14, 2017
asuustrike2009:

I laugh grin grin grin. Was not eating of pig stated in the Bible yes or no? Do you drink blood because did Jesus say so?

Do you read your bible holistically?

Was Peter's visit to Cornelius of any importance? undecided
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 14, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Do you read your bible holistically?

Was Peter's visit to Cornelius of any importance? undecided
Do you drink blood of animal?
Do you eat dead animals?
Are these not in your Bible?
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 8:01am On Nov 14, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Why are you questions that you already know. If you don't want to pay tithe no problem don't force your beliefs on most of us

It's not about forcing my beliefs on anyone, it's about doing what is right.

Before Martin Luther broke out of the Catholic church to form the Protestant church...did you know people were deceived into paying money for forgiveness of their sins?

I am sure if you had encountered Martin Luther back then...you would have thought he was doing the wrong thing and spreading lies!

Let us stop this deceit and tell ourselves the TRUTH abeg...
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 14, 2017
OkaiCorne:

It's not about forcing my beliefs on anyone, it's about doing what is right.

Before Martin Luther broke out of the Catholic church to form the Protestant church...did you know people were deceived into paying money for forgiveness of their sins?

I am sure if you had encountered Martin Luther back then...you would have thought he was doing the wrong thing and spreading lies!

Let us stop this deceit and tell ourselves the TRUTH abeg...
Martin Luther king was part of those that form the Protestant churches, did he object to tithing? No. So stop using him as an excuse to justify your reason for nothing paying tithes. The right thing to do is to give to God what is his
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 8:04am On Nov 14, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Do you drink blood of animal?
Do you eat dead animals?
Are these not in your Bible?

Off point... there are minimum standards and there are best practises, kindly use the Scriptures to identify were both applies.

Eating Kosher (Old testament diet) is the best diet standard given to man by God, but it is no longer legally binding on everyone to comply based on Peter's visit to Cornelius.

In addition, eating of dead animal and carcasses is a big NO because...not only does anywhere in the scriptures support this, even Science has pointed out the health hazards in eating a dead or rotten animal.

Common sense bro... undecided
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 8:05am On Nov 14, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Martin Luther king was part of those that form the Protestant churches, did he object to tithing? No. So stop using him as an excuse to justify your reason for nothing paying tithes. The right thing to do is to give to God what is his

Did Martin Luther know the TRUTH 100%?

With time peoples' eyes get opened to deception.

Was Apostle Paul able to deal with all the lies invading the Church in his lifetime?
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 14, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Did Martin Luther know the TRUTH 100%?

With time peoples' eyes get opened to deception.

Was Apostle Paul able to deal with all the lies invading the Church in his lifetime?
I laugh at your assertion grin grin.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 8:08am On Nov 14, 2017
asuustrike2009:

I will give to God what is His in the manner He wants me to as laid out in the Scriptures.

There is no where in the Scriptures where Tithe was paid as money. Tithe was paid in terms of crops and Livestock.

There is no where in the Scriptures after where God clearly spelled out that tithes should be paid to the Levites alone that He said we should start paying Rabbis, Prophets, Scribes, Apostles and Pastors.

The real thieves are those clamoring for what they have no legal or scriptural right to collect.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 8:09am On Nov 14, 2017
asuustrike2009:

I laugh at your assertion grin grin.

When you are done laughing, please point out the flaws in my assertion.

Thank you.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 14, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Off point... there are minimum standards and there are best practises, kindly use the Scriptures to identify were both applies.

Eating Kosher (Old testament diet) is the best diet standard given to man by God, but it is no longer legally binding on everyone to comply based on Peter's visit to Cornelius.

In addition, eating of dead animal and carcasses is a big NO because...not only does anywhere in the scriptures support this, even Science has pointed out the health hazards in eating a dead or rotten animal.

Common sense bro... undecided

You started what you can't finish by referring to old testament and I gave you back. Why don't you drink blood or eat dead animals since you know it all.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 8:12am On Nov 14, 2017
asuustrike2009:

You started what you can't finish by referring to old testament and I gave you back. Why don't you drink blood or eat dead animals since you know it all.

Where does your bible support drinking of blood? cheesy
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 14, 2017
OkaiCorne:

When you are done laughing, please point out the flaws in my assertion.

Thank you.
A lot of flaws because Martin Luther king was not fighting against tithing. One of churches found under him pays tithe. You just rebel and wail for nothing yet you give clearly backing were it was written we shouldn't pay tithe. You bone of contention is that some preachers are squandering tithes. Why didn't criticize offerings and giving alms to the poor since it's not compulsory?
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by petra1(m): 8:16am On Nov 14, 2017
OkaiCorne:

I do not believe in tithe for two reasons:

1) According to the Bible standards and instructions, nobody except the Levites qualify to collect tithes

The Levite took the offerings too. But Melchizedek who took the recorded tithe of Abraham was not a Levite . The issue about tithe is the what” not the how”
2) Jesus expects sacrificial giving from the heart from Christians, and tithing is a very narrow view of Jesus expects from His followers.

He endorsed giving of tithes . If he had any issue about this practice right from the day of Abraham he would have said it

[Matthew 23:23
. . .For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 14, 2017
OkaiCorne:

I will give to God what is His in the manner He wants me to as laid out in the Scriptures.

There is no where in the Scriptures where Tithe was paid as money. Tithe was paid in terms of crops and Livestock.

There is no where in the Scriptures after where God clearly spelled out that tithes should be paid to the Levites alone that He said we should start paying Rabbis, Prophets, Scribes, Apostles and Pastors.

The real thieves are those clamoring for what they have no legal or scriptural right to collect.

grin grin grin stop being used by the devil. The devil hasn't change it's antics so don't fall for his trick. Don't give to God and watch same devil deal with you. You know the scriptures very well yet you're arguing unnecessary
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 14, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Where does your bible support drinking of blood? cheesy
I said do you drink blood yes or no? You are yet to give scriptural backing for that yet you're hammering on mosaic law. We are looking from the Bible perspective not science
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 8:22am On Nov 14, 2017
asuustrike2009:

grin grin grin stop being used by the devil. The devil hasn't change it's antics so don't fall for his trick. Don't give to God and watch same devil deal with you. You know the scriptures very well yet you're arguing unnecessary

Am I now used by the Devil to tell the Truth?

Kindly point out a Scripture where after clear instructions were given that Tithe is the exclusive right of Levites...that we can now pay tithes to Rabbis, Prophets, Scribes, Apostles and Pastors.

Going by your judgement, I am sure Martin Luther was used by the Devil to form the Protestant church as well
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 8:23am On Nov 14, 2017
asuustrike2009:

I said do you drink blood yes or no? You are yet to give scriptural backing for that yet you're hammering on mosaic law. We are looking from the Bible perspective not science

And I replied that on Biblical and Scientific grounds...it is not acceptable to drink blood so therefore I don't.

Unless your own Bible states otherwise. Please enlighten us cheesy
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 14, 2017
Those of you rebelling against tithing have not provide any biblical backing were it was stated clearly that we shouldn't pay. You're just beating around the bush wailing because some pastors are misbehaving. You forget we are in perilous times. You're the type the Bible describe in 2 Tim 4:3 "For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,"
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 8:29am On Nov 14, 2017
petra1:

The Levite took the offerings too. But Melchizedek who took the recorded tithe of Abraham was not a Levite . The issue about tithe is the what” not the how”

He endorsed giving of tithes . If he had any issue about this practice right from the day of Abraham he would have said it

[Matthew 23:23
. . .For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things

Can Melchizedek be a Levite in the era Levites never existed?

After God clearly spelt out that tithes should be paid to Levites alone...can you point to a Scripture that gives us clear instructions to pay TITHE to Rabbis, Prophets, Scribes, Apostles and Pastors?

I am still waiting for a Scripture that clearly spells this out. Thank you.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 8:30am On Nov 14, 2017
asuustrike2009:
Those of you rebelling against tithing have not provide any biblical backing were it was stated clearly that we shouldn't pay. You're just beating around the bush wailing because some pastors are misbehaving. You forget we are in perilous times. You're the type the Bible describe in 2 Tim 4:3 "For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,"

How are we not sure this tithing doctrine is one of the things Timothy was talking about?

NO MATTER HOW POPULAR A LIE IS, IT DOES NOT MAKE IT THE TRUTH!
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 14, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Am I now used by the Devil to tell the Truth?

Kindly point out a Scripture where after clear instructions were given that Tithe is the exclusive right of Levites...that we can now pay tithes to Rabbis, Prophets, Scribes, Apostles and Pastors.

Going by your judgement, I am sure Martin Luther was used by the Devil to form the Protestant church as well
Yes you're used by the devil. This is the scripture verse for you "There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death."
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 14, 2017
OkaiCorne:

How are we not sure this tithing doctrine is one of the things Timothy was talking about?

NO MATTER HOW POPULAR A LIE IS, IT DOES NOT MAKE IT THE TRUTH!
Timothy was referring to what most of you rebelling against. You're not comfortable with the doctrine of paying tithes that's just it. The word of tithing is itching to your hearing
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 8:36am On Nov 14, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Yes you're used by the devil. This is the scripture verse for you "There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death."

It is interesting this is coming from someone who cannot clearly point out to where the Scriptures authorized us to pay tithes to Rabbis, Prophets, Scribes, Apostles and Pastors. cheesy

Go and read your Bible cover to cover and stop quoting Scriptures out of context to support a popular lie and deception.

I hope the "Devil" will use me the way Martin Luther was used cheesy

You can become the Pharisee of our time sha...no qualms.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 8:38am On Nov 14, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Timothy was referring to what most of you rebelling against. You're not comfortable with the doctrine of paying tithes that's just it. The word of tithing is itching to your hearing

I am not comfortable with tithing because Jesus expects even more than that from His followers;

1) Sacrificial giving to the less privileged out of a cheerful heart
2) Giving donations to help the ministry as God directs

But not through this Tithing Scam!
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by petra1(m): 9:44am On Nov 14, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Can Melchizedek be a Levite in the era Levites never existed?

Well you kept saying it’s only levites that could take up tithes . It’s to let you know it’s not only levites . God always has ministers in different generations .

After God clearly spelt out that tithes should be paid to Levites alone...can you point to a Scripture that gives us clear instructions
to pay TITHE to Rabbis, Prophets, Scribes, Apostles and Pastors?

I am still waiting for a Scripture that clearly spells this out. Thank you.

The support for the ministr’s of the sanctuary comes from tithes and offering and paul made it clear same applies to the church

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 14, 2017
OkaiCorne:

It is interesting this is coming from someone who cannot clearly point out to where the Scriptures authorized us to pay tithes to Rabbis, Prophets, Scribes, Apostles and Pastors. cheesy

Go and read your Bible cover to cover and stop quoting Scriptures out of context to support a popular lie and deception.

I hope the "Devil" will use me the way Martin Luther was used cheesy

You can become the Pharisee of our time sha...no qualms.
You that is talking have you being able to point out were in the Bible did it say we shouldn't pay tithe? You're just beating around the bush. State it precisely in the verse of the Bible were it was stated we shouldn't pay tithe. At least I have Bible backing for mine but you don't.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 10:20am On Nov 14, 2017
asuustrike2009:

You that is talking have you being able to point out were in the Bible did it say we shouldn't pay tithe? You're just beating around the bush. State it precisely in the verse of the Bible were it was stated we shouldn't pay tithe.

I have not o. But please show me where exactly the Bible instructed Christians to pay their tithes to apart from Levites.

Kindly show us. Thank you.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 10:21am On Nov 14, 2017
petra1:

Well you kept saying it’s only levites that could take up tithes . It’s to let you know it’s not only levites . God always has ministers in different generations .

The support for the ministr’s of the sanctuary comes from tithes and offering and paul made it clear same applies to the church

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

Support for the ministry comes through tithes? Is there any scripture that clearly says this...or is this just your opinion?
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by petra1(m): 10:25am On Nov 14, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Support for the ministry comes through tithes? Is there any scripture that clearly says this...or is this just your opinion?

What was the structure under Levitical order ? Paul says same applies to the church .

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Apostolic Church (LAWNA) 40th International Convention. / Is It Rational To Believe In Afterlife [A Discussion] / How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.