Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,130 members, 7,933,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 12:45 PM

Lopsided Appointments? See Why Buhari Is A Saint Compared To Jonathan. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lopsided Appointments? See Why Buhari Is A Saint Compared To Jonathan. (2948 Views)

Fasoranti, Clarke, Nwodo, 13 Others Sue Buhari Over Lopsided Appointments / Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG Over “lopsided Appointments” At NNPC / I Have Been Abused Because Of Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments – Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lopsided Appointments? See Why Buhari Is A Saint Compared To Jonathan. by GavelSlam: 10:08am On Nov 09, 2017
baridamben:

I expect nothing less of wailers, always looking for an easy way out when backed into a corner. Ihejirika was Chief of Army Staff under Jonathan from 2010 to 2014, four years under a man who served for five years, does the person who served for the other one year matter, especially when they were both appointed by the same man? Besides, Ken Minimah took over from him, another southerner, so does it matter? I would've written Ken Minimah even though it's one year if Ihejirika was not appointed by Jonathan. I did my research on this list knowing that wailers would want to distort the truth as usual.

Thanks for the well researched piece.

You are truly a legend.

1 Like

Re: Lopsided Appointments? See Why Buhari Is A Saint Compared To Jonathan. by baridamben(m): 10:09am On Nov 09, 2017
Splashme:
GEJ must be a superhuman.
Almost 3yrs into Buhari's govt and the focus is all about GEJ, GEJ, GEJ.....
Comparisons is the bane of life, the yardstick by which people are measured. Jonathan is the immediate past president, it's only normal that Buhari will be compared to him. Besides, If Jonathan and his apologists aka wailers had just shut up and appreciate the clear change they're witnessing, I'm not sure anyone would've bothered to mention the name Jonathan again.
Re: Lopsided Appointments? See Why Buhari Is A Saint Compared To Jonathan. by ivandragon: 10:13am On Nov 09, 2017
baridamben:

The current INEC chairman and JEGA are the only two northern INEC chairmen we've ever had in this country. Both of the elections won by a southern Obasanjo were conducted by southern INEC chairmen. I think we should focus on merit and not where one come from, but if we were to harp on about where someone comes from, then the south has nothing to complain at all because we've had our own fair chance and we didn't prove to be any different.

As for lopsided recruitment, everybody does it, give them a chance at leadership and they pack in their brothers and sisters at the expense of merit.

Chief of Defence
pmb - olonisakin - south
GEJ - badeh - north

chief of naval
pmb - ibok - south
GEJ - jubrin - north

chief of air
pmb - abubakar - north
GEJ - amosu - south

nnpc GMD
pmb - baru - north
GEJ - dahwa - north

NSA
pmb - monguno - north
GEJ - dasuki - north

DIA
pmb - usman - north
GEJ - Audu - north

TETFund
pmb - baffa - north
GEJ - bogoro - north

FHA
pmb - al-amin - north
GEJ - gemade - north

ferma
pmb - rafindadi - north
GEJ - abdukagu - north

nafdac
pmb - oni - south
GEJ - orhii - north

PEF
pmb - bobboi - north
GEJ - Ahmed - north

ITF
pmb - Ari - north
GEJ - Tudunwada - north

some others under GEJ are;

NAPEP - Balewa - North

SMEDAN - Masari - North

NBTE - Kazaure - north

VON - Jijiwa - North

NSC - bello - North

NIGCOMSat - Rufai - North

NOA - Omeri - North...

& there are still a number of others too...

if all taken together, it might turn out that GEJ actually had a far more balanced & spread out appointment...
Re: Lopsided Appointments? See Why Buhari Is A Saint Compared To Jonathan. by baridamben(m): 10:59am On Nov 09, 2017
EmeeNaka:
OP has deep seated problem.
Firstly, he lumped all the appointments together but when he come ministries, he started mentioning Key ministries and non-key ministries. Offices are not equal and that has to be looked into.
Why did Buhari only appoint two people from South as heads of security, none from Southeast and the remaining 8 from North?
Can you show us the recent appointment in NNPC that was approved by Buhari, where there are 12 appointment to North, and 5 appointments to South,of which SE has none? what is your rational for claiming Buhari's regime CBN governor is Emefiele but failed to acknowledge Lamido Sanusi as GEJ's CBN governor?
GEJ you're comparing to Buhari stayed 5years and changed Cabinet members at different times.
All these appointees are only useful to their families and friends. Nobody should be perturbed who is appointed and who is not and therefore no one should bring lies into such issues.
Jonathan didn't appoint Lamido Sanusi, the only opportunity he had to make appointment for that position he appointed Emefiele on acting basis. Buhari made Emefiele's appointment permanent. On security, Jonathan appointed more southerners than northerners too, and didn't appoint anyone from the North Central. At the end of the day, what Buhari has done is to give economic power to the south while leaving security power in the hands of the north. Check all the key economic positions, they're in the hands of southerners in Buhari's government, unlike Jonathan who kept both economic and military power in the south. As for ministries, each state has one, so I can't talk about who has more. What we can talk about is who are the senior ministers and the weight of their portfolios. This shouldn't be a rocket science to you, should it? Lastly, I agree that where those who have offices come from don't matter, if not the south would've been paradise by now considering what Jonathan did. What really matters is the quality of humans in those offices.

1 Like

Re: Lopsided Appointments? See Why Buhari Is A Saint Compared To Jonathan. by baridamben(m): 11:05am On Nov 09, 2017
ivandragon:

Chief of Defence
pmb - olonisakin - south
GEJ - badeh - north

chief of naval
pmb - ibok - south
GEJ - jubrin - north

chief of air
pmb - abubakar - north
GEJ - amosu - south

nnpc GMD
pmb - baru - north
GEJ - dahwa - north

NSA
pmb - monguno - north
GEJ - dasuki - north

DIA
pmb - usman - north
GEJ - Audu - north

TETFund
pmb - baffa - north
GEJ - bogoro - north

FHA
pmb - al-amin - north
GEJ - gemade - north

ferma
pmb - rafindadi - north
GEJ - abdukagu - north

nafdac
pmb - oni - south
GEJ - orhii - north

PEF
pmb - bobboi - north
GEJ - Ahmed - north

ITF
pmb - Ari - north
GEJ - Tudunwada - north

some others under GEJ are;

NAPEP - Balewa - North

SMEDAN - Masari - North

NBTE - Kazaure - north

VON - Jijiwa - North

NSC - bello - North

NIGCOMSat - Rufai - North

NOA - Omeri - North...

& there are still a number of others too...

if all taken together, it might turn out that GEJ actually had a far more balanced & spread out appointment...
Not true at all, 99 to 41 is not something you can easily sweep away by stringing a few names together, unless you're blinded by sentiment. Let's judge and compare on the basis of what has been done already, not on appointments not yet done. Do you know that there are more than 5500 appointments yet to be done by PMB, and that these offices are still being occupied by persons appointed by the PDP under Goodluck Jonathan? Buhari is obviously not interested in those petty politics, if it were Jonathan or his apologists, all these people would've been replaced since.
Re: Lopsided Appointments? See Why Buhari Is A Saint Compared To Jonathan. by ivandragon: 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2017
baridamben:

Not true at all, 99 to 41 is not something you can easily sweep away by stringing a few names together, unless you're blinded by sentiment. Let's judge and compare on the basis of what has been done already, not on appointments not yet done. Do you know that there are more than 5500 appointments yet to be done by PMB, and that these offices are still being occupied by persons appointed by the PDP under Goodluck Jonathan? Buhari is obviously not interested in those petty politics, if it were Jonathan or his apologists, all these people would've been replaced since.

ok, you obviously have your opinion coloured by bias.

you claim there are more than 5500 appointments yet to be done by pmb, yet you took only those that suit what was now obviously a list designed to deceive...

you claim I strung a few names, my position was to show that there are other appointments which when taken in totality might show a more balanced spread.

if pmb is too dumb or slow to do the needful, is it GEJ's fault?

saying pmb is not interested in petty politics is just a way of covering up his glaring deficiencies...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Reacts To Saraki's Questions Whether They Are Better Off Than 4 Years / I Dare Buhari/north To Declare War On Igboland Again. / Anambra Has More Registered Voters Than Borno State, Stop Deceiving Tinubu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.