Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,870 members, 7,918,856 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 04:29 PM

Buhari Planning To Jail 50 PDP Members Before 2017 Ends – Spokesman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Planning To Jail 50 PDP Members Before 2017 Ends – Spokesman (573 Views)

Buhari Planning To Steal ₦13.5 Billion Through School Feeding Programme — PDP / Atiku: Buhari Planning To Jail Me In Phantom Coup Plot / Obasanjo: "Buhari Planning To Frame Me Up & To Seize My International Passport" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Planning To Jail 50 PDP Members Before 2017 Ends – Spokesman by sirequity(m): 9:55am On Nov 09, 2017
THE Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has alleged that the Buhari-led Federal Government is planning to incarcerate 50 of its members, before the end of the year.

In a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Prince Dayo Adeyeye, the party said the planned clampdown on it members is to be done under the guise of fighting corruption.

“The latest needless onslaught against our party members is the plan by the APC government at the centre, to incarcerate 50 members of our party before the end of this year, with a view to using their arrests to deceive Nigerians that the failed anti-corruption war is still on course.

“Already, five members of our party have been illegally arrested and detained by EFCC without any charge preferred against them.

“Who the rest 45 members to be picked up are, we cannot say in the immediate.

“However, we are by no means scared of the persecution by the Buhari administration as we are sure that daylight is about to break, after the dark night of the APC administration.

“The current wave of arrests, therefore, has nothing to do with the failed anti-corruption war but everything with 2019 elections.

“Having failed on all its major election planks and with nothing to show for its over 30 months in office, the APC government has come to the conclusion that the only way to prevent its inevitable defeat at the polls in 2019 is to hound, harass, intimidate and suppress members of our party into submission.

“However, we wish to state clearly that irrespective of what the APC government do in an attempt at bringing the PDP down to its knees, we shall remain irrepressible and will not bow to any tyranny.

“The APC has already thrown away its chances in the 2019 elections by its non-performance.”

“No amount of intimidation and harassment of the opposition will improve its fortunes.

“We call on all men and women of goodwill to rise up to challenge the invidious attempt of the APC government to turn Nigeria into a gestapo state and undermine our hard-earned democracy on the altar of political desperation,” the party said.

http://headline.com.ng/buhari-planning-jail-50-pdp-members-2017-ends-spokesman/

Lalasticlala
Re: Buhari Planning To Jail 50 PDP Members Before 2017 Ends – Spokesman by jake247(m): 10:07am On Nov 09, 2017
Who care? F**uck apc, f**uck pdp. We need brand new party.
Re: Buhari Planning To Jail 50 PDP Members Before 2017 Ends – Spokesman by RoyalUc(m): 11:02am On Nov 09, 2017
“We call on all men and women of goodwill to rise up to challenge the invidious attempt of the APC government to turn Nigeria into a gestapo state and undermine our hard-earned democracy on the altar of political desperation”

I don't like our so called democracy to be without opposition, but for PDP? No no and no!
Your impunity and unrepentant attitude are stuning!

For me, you guys might hold unto a few states but at the federal level, I pray and hope you never get close there for at least, 16years.

You have not yet suffered persecution, intimidation and harassment from the reigning party like you did the opposition in your time.
For me, incarcerating 50 members of your party before the end of this year is not even good enough.

Other parties should form strong alliance and challenged APC at all levels but not PDP.
Re: Buhari Planning To Jail 50 PDP Members Before 2017 Ends – Spokesman by efighter: 12:20pm On Nov 09, 2017
Please name anyone who did not "collect illegal money" from Goatluck or his aides who has been arrested.
Re: Buhari Planning To Jail 50 PDP Members Before 2017 Ends – Spokesman by ofeco: 12:22pm On Nov 09, 2017
PDP and APC are one and the same people. jail any politician that is corrupt.
Re: Buhari Planning To Jail 50 PDP Members Before 2017 Ends – Spokesman by hakimi1974(m): 1:23pm On Nov 09, 2017
jail is the natural habitat for every p.d.p member.

(1) (Reply)

INEC National Commissioner, Amina Zakari Lodged At Tony Nwoye’s Hotel In Awka / Chairmanship: PDP In Dilemma Over Aspirants On Trial / Pictures: President Buhari Bags New Chieftaincy Titles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.