Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,814 members, 7,879,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:36 PM

In Love With A Single Dad - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In Love With A Single Dad (972 Views)

After Dating Her For Some Months, Never Knew She Was A SINGLE MOTHER. / 11 Signs That He Is Madly In Love With You / Single Dad N Ladies Plssss Be Sincere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Love With A Single Dad by iamunique(f): 11:42pm On Mar 20, 2010
My best friend is torn between the choice of accepting to marry a single dad. She is madly in love with him and he is also seriously in love with her.

However, the guy's case has plenty 'comma'.

1)He has two kids from the same woman.

2)He was never married legally to the lady but he met the lady's parents and did traditional engagement (this happened when the lady was preggie with the first child)

3)He insists he does not love her and all she did was trap him with the kids.

4)He told my friend that he wants to bring the first child over to his house to stay with him when they get married.

5)His babymama has vowed not to let go and has threatened fire and brimstone when he told her that she should move on and stop waiting for him.

6)He bears all the financial responsibilities of the kids.

7)Babymama still gets to see him because he goes over to her place to see the kids and they all get to hang out together (he claims he wants to bond with the kids and babymama wont allow him to hang out alone with the kids unless she's there with them)

I would appreciate your opinion/advice on this. My friend is 26 years old. Dude is in his mid 30s and they have been together for over 2years
Re: In Love With A Single Dad by 190: 11:49pm On Mar 20, 2010
^^

we all know its you

we KNOW!!
Re: In Love With A Single Dad by hollandis(f): 11:57pm On Mar 20, 2010
lol@ 190
@Topic - Marry am na
Re: In Love With A Single Dad by miraexcel(f): 12:14am On Mar 21, 2010
First kid a mistake , second a mistake too ! Advise this guy to marry the mother of his kids, I've been in similiar siuation and girl trust me this guy wont marry you , it's same case as "i go pursue my wife come marry you"
Re: In Love With A Single Dad by KennyG6(m): 12:17am On Mar 21, 2010
onyiilady:

First kid a mistake , second a mistake too ! Advise this guy to marry the mother of his kids, I've been in similiar siuation and girl trust me this guy wont marry you , it's same case as "i go pursue my wife come marry you"
mistakes can happen several times now aha? grin
Re: In Love With A Single Dad by Nobody: 12:21am On Mar 21, 2010
Hmmmm, this doesnt seat right with me and the babymams is going to be a problem in the future.
Re: In Love With A Single Dad by KennyG6(m): 12:22am On Mar 21, 2010
nonsense, does that mean a women with 2 kids from an abusive relationship is not entitled to love/marriage when whe meets a nice guy?
Re: In Love With A Single Dad by Nobody: 12:37am On Mar 21, 2010
Uhuh like a man is willing to deal with that? You know how you men do. Women on the other hand will bend over backwards, break a bone or two to try and accommodate the man and the devil incarnates he calls his family.
Re: In Love With A Single Dad by miraexcel(f): 12:38am On Mar 21, 2010
iamunique (f)

Re: My Man Always Wants To Be High On Marijuana Before intimacy
« #30 on: August 06, 2008, 01:07 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@topic

No big deal. My boyfriend does it once a while, especially when we are on our way back from a night club or party and he is no drug addict. The smell is horrid but the intimacy afterwards is very good. damn!

Sometimes, he cooks boiled rice and includes the ganja/Marijuana leaves. I have never tasted it but he claims it ok and gives him a slight high.

Now without the weed, boyfriend is still a stunner in bed. Screws like crazy. But with the , he is extra turbo charged. Leaves me with swollen and hurting privates after that. Lol.

In conclusion, there is really no big deal in it. It all part of the wild sides of a relationship.

If it's this same guy in your previous post , i'd advise you to run for your dear life! Marijuana may be in control of his actions.  2nd, We all need comfort but dont get carried away with materials---  Good luck!
Re: In Love With A Single Dad by KennyG6(m): 12:40am On Mar 21, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Uhuh like a man is willing to deal with that? You know how you men do.
come on dont generalize again, at the end of the day marrying people with children is not for kids/immature minds. It takes matured men/women to do this cos they are capable of handling the hassle that comes with it. Anyone asking this kind of question is obviously not matured enough to handle it
Re: In Love With A Single Dad by Nobody: 12:41am On Mar 21, 2010
Oh my, we have some great detectives on NL why arent your arses fighting the good fight in the police department huh? What a waste grin grin grin grin
Re: In Love With A Single Dad by Nobody: 12:41am On Mar 21, 2010
@@Kenny,

I modified my post wink wink wink
Re: In Love With A Single Dad by Pweety4me(f): 12:43am On Mar 21, 2010
Eliminate d ***. . .lipsrsealed grin tongue
Re: In Love With A Single Dad by KennyG6(m): 12:45am On Mar 21, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

@@Kenny,

I modified my post wink wink wink
i wonder why? grin grin
Re: In Love With A Single Dad by miraexcel(f): 12:45am On Mar 21, 2010
It takes matured men/women to do this cos they are capable of handling the hassle that comes with it. Anyone asking this kind of question is obviously not matured enough to handle it

That's a brillant one Kenny!
Re: In Love With A Single Dad by KennyG6(m): 12:46am On Mar 21, 2010
onyiilady:

That's a brillant one Kenny!
thank u jare, oya wey my hug and kiss kiss kiss grin grin
Re: In Love With A Single Dad by Nobody: 12:48am On Mar 21, 2010
Kenny_G:

i wonder why? grin grin
No particular reason grin
Re: In Love With A Single Dad by AqRiUsAge(f): 12:49am On Mar 21, 2010
I've dated single dads and honestly, sometimes I prefer them to men without kids because they already know what its like to have a child. SO! No pressure on you having kids for them (works for me!)
Besides, single dads (especially with daughters) tend to date much more responsibly (says, my stats smiley ) and are less likely to associate with irresponsible females (also, courtesy of my stats o!)
Besides, you get a chance to assess the way they treat their kids. Does he care for the child? Does he not? Does he act like a responsible father figure or just allows his kid to run around the house disrespecting you and him?
Your friend gets the chance to see how he is as a daddy, do you know what I mean?

Besides, do you blame the other woman? She probably is in love with him and (if I may guess that she is African), still feels that because she had kids with him, she should be with him.

But it doesnt matter what she wants. It matters what your friend, and what her man wants.  

Important thing here though, is that he needs to get legal visiting rights. There is no reason why he should not be able to bring the kids to his house and since your friend is going to be a part of the family heyyyyy well then they all better get familiar with each other.
Re: In Love With A Single Dad by OBLONG(m): 12:52am On Mar 21, 2010
lol @ 190------ my advice: he WILL NOT marry you or your friend. Once the thrill is over, she will be baby momma # 2
Re: In Love With A Single Dad by martin1(m): 1:12am On Mar 21, 2010
onyiilady:

He doesn't want 2 marry d mother of his kids.
Re: In Love With A Single Dad by martin1(m): 1:17am On Mar 21, 2010
op --What part of d world do they live in?
Re: In Love With A Single Dad by candylips(m): 12:25pm On May 26, 2010
carry go jare !!
Re: In Love With A Single Dad by kollyj2(m): 1:07pm On May 26, 2010
my advice is dis do not marry.

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Given Your Partner An Ultimatum - How Did It Turn Out? / The Cost Of Satisfaction / Tips On How To Know That Your Boyfriend Loves You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.