Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,897 members, 7,942,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 04:30 AM

Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria (1452 Views)

Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates / Split Nigeria, We Can Stand On Our Own– Northern Leaders Boast / The Sensible Thing To Do Is To Split Nigeria Into Its Component Parts: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria by newmaster(m): 6:26am On Mar 21, 2010
MASSOB backs Gaddafi on Nigeria
20 March, 2010 04:27:00 JAYNE UCHE-UKONNE, Aba
Font size:
Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, Libyan leader
Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) has called on Nigerian leaders to heed the call of Libyan leader, Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, for the partition of Nigeria into two as a way of solving sectarian crises that had engulfed the country over the years.

Colonel Gaddafi had earlier in the week while addressing a group of African students, including those from Nigeria, advocated that Nigeria be split along religious lines of Muslim North and Christian south, to avoid further bloodshed in the nation, citing India and Pakistan that came into existence through such arrangement in 1947.

Reacting to the call, MASSOB through its direction of information for Aba region, Mr. Sunny Okoroafor, said the Libyan leader’s statement was a home truth, especially as it came from a respected African leader who had the interest of the countries of the continent at heart.

He said Gaddafi’s call had not only vindicated the organization’s long drawn struggle for a separate state, but has also justified then Lt. Col Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu’s attempt in 1967 to secede the Eastern Nigeria from the rest of the country.

He stated that the Libyan leader’s statement would spur MASSOB to intensify its struggle for actualization of a separate state and urged militants in the Niger Delta to step up its activities in the area in order to actualize the clarion call of the Libyan leader.

Mr. Okoroafor however disagreed with Gaddafi on the mode of dividing the country as the Libyan leader had suggested that the country should be divided along the line of North and south.

The MASSOB spokesperson said the Western and Northern regions should remain as one country while the Eastern region should be a country of its own if genuine peace is to be achieved.

http://www.champion.com.ng/index.php?news=29564

Re: Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria by EzeUche(m): 10:23am On Mar 21, 2010
Of course we would. He is singing the same tune, we have been singing for years.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 21, 2010
EzeUche:

Of course we would. He is singing the same tune, we have been singing for years.

are you a card-carrying MASSOBian?
Re: Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria by oderemo(m): 11:39am On Mar 21, 2010
Of course we would. He is singing the same tune, we have been singing for years
Is it osondu owenu, oliver d ,warrior,.which one. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 21, 2010
Any secessionist will back Gaddafi without knowing the intention of his words.
Re: Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria by hatch: 1:41pm On Mar 21, 2010
EzeUche:

You are just one of these little kids fed with this hate doctrine against Nigeria due to the outcome of the civil war. Any way i don't have a problem with your school of thought. Your so called commander in chief Ojukwu has moved on,i wonder why all you toy internet soldiers find it so hard to toe in his path.  undecided
Re: Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 2:03pm On Mar 21, 2010
@hatch.i dont think there exists any hate but why is it difficult to let at least you peoples definition of igbo go without sea and oil?nigerians are now seeing massacre as a crime because few yorubas and beroms were killed but the massacre of more than 150,000 igbos was not enough reason to opt out of the union.let them kill just 20,000 nupes or beroms and nigerians will get a little hint on how igbos felt then.
Re: Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria by Tadeus(m): 3:17pm On Mar 21, 2010
When are we going to stop decieving ourselves, if Nigeria should split, how many counrty do you think we can divide this great nation into? Think about it very well, because igbo will not stay yoruba, neither will hausa stay with yoruba e.t.c
Re: Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria by asha80(m): 3:19pm On Mar 21, 2010
Tadeus:

When are we going to stop decieving ourselves, if Nigeria should split, how many counrty do you think we can divide this great nation into? Think about it very well, because igbo will not stay yoruba, neither will hausa stay with yoruba e.t.c

What makes nigeria great?
Re: Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 3:23pm On Mar 21, 2010
Nigeria may not be great but aligning with Gaddafi? Come on!!! grin grin grin
Re: Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria by Tadeus(m): 3:28pm On Mar 21, 2010
Nigeria is a great nation either you like it or not. despite the wrong leaders and the shamefull condition of this Nation now does not means that she is no longer a great nation again. 2011 Election will determine if Nigeria will still exist or not. All in all, Nigeria still remain a great nation with great people with wrong leaders
Re: Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:06pm On Mar 21, 2010
Tadeus:

Nigeria is a great nation either you like it or not. despite the wrong leaders and the shamefull condition of this Nation now does not means that she is no longer a great nation again. 2011 Election will determine if Nigeria will still exist or not. All in all, Nigeria still remain a great nation with great people with wrong leaders

What makes Nigeria GREAT? Or you of the mind that if you through that claim around, it becomes true even with no substance to back it up?
Re: Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria by invisible2(m): 4:08pm On Mar 21, 2010
Nigeria has never been a great nation and I fear it may never become great again. We have everything to make this nation great.
Oil
Tin
Popluation
Coal
Cocoa
Groundnut
Gas
Palm oil
Water and its resources
Arable land
Tourist attactions
Time (50 whole years to mix all these)

But what do we have in abundance now?
Hate
Corruption
Unemployment
Prostitution
Armed robbery
Kidnapping
Ethnic hatered
Lootocracy
Murder
Religious bigotry
Backbiting
Backstabing
Assasination
Letter bombs
Militancy
Thuggery
Alamajiri
Religious massacre
Rigging
Ballot theft
Car snatching
Policy reversals
Policy somersault
Extra judical killings
Cultism
School strikes
Half baked graduates
Mediocre leaders
Urban slums
Refuse heaps
Market arson
Police brutality
Embezzlement
Rape
Torture
Uncompleted projects
Fuel shortage
Perrenial power shortage (PHCN, NEPA)
Bribery
Nepotism
Tribalism
Poor health care
Lack of drinking water

Need we go on? How long will it take for you to be convinced that we are going nowhere, your fathers suffered this neglect, you are suffering now and do you want your children to continue to bear this hell. Only those connected to the corrupt money want to stay in this hopeless union, this is slavery pure and simple!
Re: Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria by EzeUche(m): 5:22pm On Mar 21, 2010
MrPrsdent:

are you a card-carrying MASSOBian?

Yes, I am, by the way. My whole family is in one way or another. Any other question?

hatch#:

You are just one of these little kids fed with this hate doctrine against Nigeria due to the outcome of the civil war. Any way i don't have a problem with your school of thought. Your so called commander in chief Ojukwu has moved on,i wonder why all you toy internet soldiers find it so hard to toe in his path.  undecided

Try having over 2 million of your people slaughtered and then you will know my answer. You think the Jews wanted to stay in Germany, after the Holocaust. The answer is no. They wanted their own nation. The same way the majority of my people want their own nation. Since you never been to Alaigbo, I can definitely state that you know nothing about my people and how we think. 95% of Igbos, Efiks, Ibibio and now Ijaws now want division.
Re: Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 6:05pm On Mar 21, 2010
newmaster:

The MASSOB spokesperson said the [b]Western and Northern regions should remain as one country [/b]while the Eastern region should be a country of its own if genuine peace is to be achieved.

http://www.champion.com.ng/index.php?news=29564

Classic!  grin grin grin
Since they love Nigeria so much, you would think that these two groups would embrace each other in  a new nation.
The hypocrisy of these fake nationalists  undecided undecided undecided
I read an article somewhere (I think the Vanguard Newpaper) where the author was saying that the forces who want Nigeria divided are so many that the Nigerian government can never have enough resources to counter them.
Now MASSOB is supporting Gadaffi and they are unarmed. I wonder what armed groups would do with the backing of a Gadaffi.
Nigeria has AIDS. It can be killed by even a common cold.  cool
Re: Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria by EzeUche(m): 6:24pm On Mar 21, 2010
Onlytruth:

Classic!  grin grin grin
Since they love Nigeria so much, you would think that these two groups would embrace each other in  a new nation.
The hypocrisy of these fake nationalists  undecided undecided undecided
I read an article somewhere (I think the Vanguard Newpaper) where the author was saying that the forces who want Nigeria divided are so many that the Nigerian government can never have enough resources to counter them.
Now MASSOB is supporting Gadaffi and they are unarmed. I wonder what armed groups would do with the backing of a Gadaffi.
Nigeria has AIDS. It can be killed by even a common cold.  cool

I would not support this. I rather have the backing of one of the major powers. Preferably, the United States. Since the U.S. is getting worried with China's involvement in Nigeria, the U.S. can counter them with supporting the Igbos.

Yes, we want our own nation. Yorubaland and Hausaland can stay in Nigeria. We could care less.
Re: Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria by redsun(m): 6:36pm On Mar 21, 2010
Even with the division of india and pakistan decades ago,innocent blood is still soaking the ground,the islamist are still hitting hard fighting for mirage.Religion is a disease of the fickle minded,dividing nigeria on that line will spell more doom.

Things will fall into place in nigeria with a bit of discipline from the top,the people are coping the leaders as their role models,just as wayward as the leaders are,the people tend to be.
Re: Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 9:33pm On Mar 21, 2010
EzeUche:

I would not support this. I rather have the backing of one of the major powers. Preferably, the United States. Since the U.S. is getting worried with China's involvement in Nigeria, the U.S. can counter them with supporting the Igbos.

Yes, we want our own nation. Yorubaland and Hausaland can stay in Nigeria. We could care less.

I never said I would support that either undecided undecided I said it could happen. These groups (especially the armed ones like MEND) are desperate now, and desperation can lead to all types of weird alliances.
MASSOB is for a non-violent solution. I don't see how a terrorist like Gadaffi could work with them.
Re: Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria by igboboy1(m): 9:19am On Mar 22, 2010
I dont support any break up, Nigeria is bound by a million peoples lives so you guys enjoy the UNion, Only after you guys have repaid the million lives then i can support any secession
Re: Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria by invisible2(m): 9:37am On Mar 22, 2010
@igbo boy, but people are suffering without any hope, that's why I support a breakup.
Re: Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria by asha80(m): 9:43am On Mar 22, 2010
invisible!:

@igbo boy, but people are suffering without any hope, that's why I support a breakup.

Nna this your turn around na something else grin.Something serious must have happened to change your mindset undecided
Re: Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria by igboboy1(m): 7:56am On Mar 23, 2010
invisible!:

bros trust me i understand, each time i see boko haram on cnn or mutulllab guy on cnn i want to break up so badly so that i am not associated with these ara people

But as you see Nigerians fought tooth and nail to keep nigeria one at the expense of a million peoples life, To just break up like that would be disrespecting the dead, SO unless Nigeria repays that one million lives in blood (yes o i say blood, na eye for an eye grin) all of us go die for this country.

I can see Nigerians don start to pay small,

So 1,000,000 minus 20,000 (i.e people that have died since return of democracy) = 980,0000 to go

So as you can see nigeria neva pay her debt,
Re: Biafra Massob Backs Gaddafi On Split Nigeria by torchlight(m): 3:10pm On Mar 23, 2010
why this people no go du divide naija into two make we rest

(1) (Reply)

Yerima’s Bride Is Daughter Of His Egyptian Driver ! / Thank You Gej For Bringing Fb,we Are Still Waiting For You To Bring Twitter / Nigeria's First Ever Youth Presidential Debate-13 March Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.