Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,625 members, 7,888,995 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:06 PM

Open Letter To Ekiti Governor, Ayo Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Ekiti Governor, Ayo Fayose (868 Views)

RCCG Speaks On Governor Ayo Fayose, Ekiti State PDP Candidate / Prophetess Victoria Fayose's 78th Birthday Photos (Governor Ayo Fayose's Mother) / Governor Ayo Fayose And His Mother At His Chieftaincy Ceremony (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Ekiti Governor, Ayo Fayose by ajoskele(m): 12:07pm On Nov 10, 2017
Dr. Peter Ayodele Fayose,
The Executive Governor of Ekiti State,
Government House, Ado-Ekiti.

Dear sir,

LETTER OF APPRECIATION

I write to acknowledge your unrelenting and untiring efforts at repositioning the dwindling fame and fortunes of your glorious state whose wheel you have steered for well over three years now. I woke up this morning to read the state's House of Assembly has passed the bill to curb the nefarious activities of cultists and cult groups which you personally drafted and submitted.

Like most Nigerians, who had their reservations and showed their concerns about your style of governance and opposition to the federal government led by President Muhammadu Buhari, I was a louder voice against your choice of words and the seeming hatred I believed you had for the aging leader we finally settled for. Your recent actions and steps in protecting the lives and properties of your people is second to none and is already the template on which many of the opposition states, who initially criticized your move as a direct affront to the Abuja constituted authority, are building their security bills and laws.

Earlier this year, you confronted the Fulani herdsmen in your territory and banned their open grazing. Today, the maiming and killings of Ekiti farmers has finally come to an end as these poor farmers now go to their farms without fear of harassment from the rabid herdsmen and the destruction of their farmlands by their cattle. Ekiti state can be tagged the safest state presently considering the herdsmen menace and other avoidable crises bedeviling other states.

Several months, after lives and properties of their people have been lost to these marauding herdsmen, state governors are now waking up to their responsibilities. First was the Benue state governor, who unlike you, had to visit the president before he could make pronouncements about the banning of open grazing in his state. This week, Darius Ishaku of Taraba was at the Presidential Villa to also seek permission from the president before he could announce open grazing would be banned in his state in January!

Last week, when the internet was awash with pictures of two mutilated alleged cultists allegedly killed by their rival groups, you placed a huge bounty on the killers and I'm sure they would be apprehended soon. You also promised to dig up an earlier bill to end these useless and senseless acts. Today, the bill has passed third reading, waiting for your assent to become an Ekiti law!

Any cultist caught in the Fountain of Knowledge would have his head on the guillotine, their accomplices with life sentences and any building housing them bulldozed and razed down. Who wouldn't applaud you for this! A governor who doesn't joke with the safety and security of lives and properties of his people should and must be appreciated and supported.

I had my formative years in the hilly town of Ikere-Ekiti and the love of the land is still deep and fresh in my heart, as I continue to monitor the rate of development in the state and pray for the growth and wellbeing of the people.

May you succeed.

Oluwagbenga Ajongbolo (Ajoskele),
Akure.

cc: Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Ekiti Governor, Ayo Fayose by CampuChan: 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2017
What a beautiful letter I enjoin everyone to read it before saying anything.
Re: Open Letter To Ekiti Governor, Ayo Fayose by Kundagarten: 12:17pm On Nov 10, 2017
A governor who doesn't joke with the safety and security of lives and properties of his people should and must be appreciated and supported.
You head well well.
Re: Open Letter To Ekiti Governor, Ayo Fayose by weownthewest: 1:16pm On Nov 10, 2017
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Ekiti Governor, Ayo Fayose by Caseless: 2:04pm On Nov 10, 2017
Praise singer , you try. Go get your pay.
Re: Open Letter To Ekiti Governor, Ayo Fayose by ajoskele(m): 7:14pm On Nov 10, 2017
Caseless:
Praise singer , you try. Go get your pay.
Hehehe.. how much dem dey pay sev?
Re: Open Letter To Ekiti Governor, Ayo Fayose by chansmokers: 8:10pm On Nov 10, 2017
Fayose is a legend.

(1) (Reply)

Bank Claims Ownership Of Ikoyi Flat Where N13bn Was Discovered / / 2019 Election, Reason Why Atiku Should Be President Of Nigeria – Father Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.