Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,262 members, 7,977,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 01:12 PM

Prof. Victor Uwaifo Accuses Jaywon And Simi Of Copyright Theft - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Prof. Victor Uwaifo Accuses Jaywon And Simi Of Copyright Theft (782 Views)

Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead / Davido And Small Doctor Are Guity Of Copyright Infringement Says King Sunny Ade / Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof. Victor Uwaifo Accuses Jaywon And Simi Of Copyright Theft by pepezaz: 7:45am On Nov 11, 2017

Veteran Nigerian singer, Prof. Victor Uwaifo, has accused music stars, Jaywon and Simi of remixing his hit song ‘Joromi’ without obtaining permission from him.

According to the singer who was one-time Edo State Commissioner for Arts and Culture, he won’t be suing but encouraged new generation singers to give credit for their work.

Here’s what he said in his exclusive chat with Vanguard Showtime;

“They didn’t contact me before doing a remix of Joromi; but I’m like a father to them so I can’t begin to drag them to court, so let them make a living out of it, but at the same time it’s piracy.

I’ve heard it too many times on different occasions; it shows the quality of the music that has come a long way. As far as I’m concerned I’ve lived five lives (from one generation to the other), so if they want to appreciate and still appreciate me, it shows the quality of the music. .

It’s one thing to be an artiste and it’s another thing to stay on the scene for a long time; so I will not discourage artistes trying to remix or do another rendition of Joromi, but rather encourage them to give credit to the composer if they do”.

SOURCE https://www.gistmore.com/prof-victor-uwaifo-accuses-jaywon-simi-copyright-theft

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prof. Victor Uwaifo Accuses Jaywon And Simi Of Copyright Theft by pepezaz: 7:45am On Nov 11, 2017
smiley
Re: Prof. Victor Uwaifo Accuses Jaywon And Simi Of Copyright Theft by DanseMacabre(m): 7:49am On Nov 11, 2017
This apostle hairline though...
Re: Prof. Victor Uwaifo Accuses Jaywon And Simi Of Copyright Theft by chriskosherbal(m): 7:53am On Nov 11, 2017
Daddy freeze get something better to do with your life ..than engaging men of GOD in a battle.

You are threading on a dangerous ground ..

Abeg shift
Re: Prof. Victor Uwaifo Accuses Jaywon And Simi Of Copyright Theft by Smartei(m): 7:53am On Nov 11, 2017
P
Re: Prof. Victor Uwaifo Accuses Jaywon And Simi Of Copyright Theft by Igboblog: 7:57am On Nov 11, 2017
Re: Prof. Victor Uwaifo Accuses Jaywon And Simi Of Copyright Theft by LesbianBoy(m): 8:06am On Nov 11, 2017
Na wa o
Re: Prof. Victor Uwaifo Accuses Jaywon And Simi Of Copyright Theft by luwabrooklyn(m): 8:15am On Nov 11, 2017
chriskosherbal:
Daddy freeze get something better to do with your life ..than engaging men of GOD in a battle.

Abeg shift

which dangerous ground be that one ? Africa!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Prof. Victor Uwaifo Accuses Jaywon And Simi Of Copyright Theft by luwabrooklyn(m): 8:17am On Nov 11, 2017
baba ride on we need credible and logical explanation
Re: Prof. Victor Uwaifo Accuses Jaywon And Simi Of Copyright Theft by OldBeer: 8:21am On Nov 11, 2017
chriskosherbal:

Abeg shift

Na you make am dangerous?

1 Like

Re: Prof. Victor Uwaifo Accuses Jaywon And Simi Of Copyright Theft by LilSmith55(m): 8:37am On Nov 11, 2017
Na wa for this man ooo, e be like say one of this pastor don marry one of this man crush
Re: Prof. Victor Uwaifo Accuses Jaywon And Simi Of Copyright Theft by Miradamian: 8:59am On Nov 11, 2017
chriskosherbal:

Abeg shift
( mumu like u. That's why they fool all of u. Who told u u can't become man of God? Lick his ass after shit bc he is your man of God

Re: Prof. Victor Uwaifo Accuses Jaywon And Simi Of Copyright Theft by Samsimple(m): 10:43am On Nov 11, 2017
if this man seriously mean business and takes this to court he can make millions. If u do this in USA trust me no argument court straight.. When micheal use "MAMA SE MAMA SA MAMA COO SA" for his single "wanna be startin sumtin" he was sued by the owner a cameroonian musician Manu Dibango and was fined...
Re: Prof. Victor Uwaifo Accuses Jaywon And Simi Of Copyright Theft by GistMore: 2:03pm On Nov 11, 2017
too bad
Re: Prof. Victor Uwaifo Accuses Jaywon And Simi Of Copyright Theft by 30BillionGang: 2:04pm On Nov 11, 2017
na so

(1) (Reply)

Tonto Dike Goes Blonde, Looks Absolutely Stunning & Happy In New Photos / 'I Don't Deserve This Woman But God Saw It Fit To Bless Me' - Bankyw / HOTNESS! Actress Ini Edo Shows Off Her Curves In Leopard Print Outfit [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.