Stats: 3,192,552 members, 7,948,142 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 02:51 PM

Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? (22726 Views)

Don Lulu @40 Celebrating A Living Legend In Philanthropy And Humanity / Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ / Wizkid: If I Die Today, I Die A Legend (2) (3) (4)

Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by dkronicle(m): 12:51pm On Nov 11, 2017
Leave am for wizzy abeg

Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by Alomaring: 12:52pm On Nov 11, 2017
Agreed...
Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 11, 2017
M.I, wizkid, 2face, Olamide, dagrin, phyno

Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by Truflexunits(m): 12:52pm On Nov 11, 2017
Henryyy:
2face✔
D'banj✔
Wizkid✔
Tiwa Savage✔
Olamide ✔ (for obvious reasons)
Davido is not a legend.

What happens to ruggedman, late dagrin, lord of ajasa and eedris abdulkareem these rappers really brought indigenous rap to limelight.

Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by freeman95(m): 12:52pm On Nov 11, 2017
Hmmmm

Right
Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by myners007: 12:53pm On Nov 11, 2017
asa
Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by freeman95(m): 12:53pm On Nov 11, 2017
Truflexunits:

What happens to ruggedman, late dagrin, lord of ajasa and eedris abdulkareem these rappers really brought indigenous rap to limelight.

Which ruggedman

Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by Adaomalight(f): 12:53pm On Nov 11, 2017
Idris and blackface grin

Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by freeman95(m): 12:53pm On Nov 11, 2017
Adaomalight:
Idris and blackface

And azadus cheesy
Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by DONADAMS(m): 12:54pm On Nov 11, 2017
Teenaba:
Tubaba
Darey
Asa
MI
Flavour
The above have good live performances. Performances by others are painful to watch. I rather watch the ceiling or a painted wall get dry angry
....grin haba

Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by ALAYORMII: 12:54pm On Nov 11, 2017
Here's a legend

King Sunny Alade

Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by esthy86(f): 12:54pm On Nov 11, 2017
myslf
Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by UgoFly: 12:55pm On Nov 11, 2017
it's only 2 face and wizkid that you can call Legends. wizkid sef is just lucky. only 2face deserves legendary status amongst our contemporary artists. no female comes close and Asa should have but she disappeared.

Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by starrybaba(m): 12:56pm On Nov 11, 2017
1. 2Face
2. P square
3. D Banj
4. Wizkid

The rest are working towards being a legend.

Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by kenex4ever(m): 1:00pm On Nov 11, 2017
P Square
Tuface
Dbanj
Idris Abdulkareem
Rugged man
Onyeka Onwuenu
Christy Esien Igbokwe
Wizkid
Flavour
MI
Davido
Phyno
Olamide
Don Jazzy
Kaffy
Timaya

And some I can't remember
Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by francisbarrack(m): 1:02pm On Nov 11, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
MI abaga

Mode 9

Ruggedman
Terry tha rapman
Eldee tha Don.
blackface
Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by DJperdurabo: 1:04pm On Nov 11, 2017
Dandeson1:
legends are

1. Vic o
2. bobrisky
3. presh of former kc presh group
4. blackface
5. terry g
6. skales
7. Dr sid

so many of dem ,,,.

Hehehehe...na really so many of them!
Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by garyaustin(m): 1:05pm On Nov 11, 2017
Authentic Nigerian music legends are Sunny Ade, Victor Uwaifo, Ebenezer Obey, Kris Okotie and for Music Producers we have Odion Iruoje, Lemmy Jackson, Kingsley Ogoro, Fortune Otega and yours sincerely Gary Austine of Ollie Gee Daddy Moh fame. Please bear in mind the historical requirement of being called a legend

Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by Softhands(m): 1:06pm On Nov 11, 2017
Man's not hot
Sheun001:
big shaq

Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by jrerico1(m): 1:07pm On Nov 11, 2017
You are an Idiot from hell, where is MI, Mode 9? In fact you are not a human being for including olamide and davido there.
Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 11, 2017
Synord:

The Likes of Sunny Ade, Sunny Okposu, Ebenezer Obey,Fela anikulapo kuti, Ik dairo ,Onyenka Onwenu ,Zaaki ,Orlando owoh and others tick the boxes in most of the above listed requirements.

Which Zaaki are we talking about here , I hope it's not Zaaki adze , the torch light carrying musician ?

I wouldn't call Orlando Owoh a legend as well , the rest are good to go

And why isn't Majek Fashek on your list
Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by Sheun001(m): 1:08pm On Nov 11, 2017
Softhands:
Man's not hot
skrraa pap pap

Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 11, 2017
Truflexunits:

They are legends as well. Just going with d op's list and threw in Tiwa as a lady.
Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by 26Clueless(m): 1:11pm On Nov 11, 2017
legends are MI ABaga (in my own opinion sha oo Olamide (upcoming legend Ah ah Ice Prince (he changed d rapping game in Naija Asa that will b for now
Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 11, 2017
The legends are:

Fela Anikulapo Kuti, King Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obey, Oliver D'coque, Victor Uwaifo, Majek Fashek, Femi Kuti
, Onyeka Owenu.

...The rest are just pretenders, especially the hip hop cats and those new school guys claiming to be doing Afro Beats.
Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 11, 2017
And amongst contemporary Nigerian musician only Tuface comes close to being labelled a legend
Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by Heavance(m): 1:11pm On Nov 11, 2017
Synord:

As far as the contemporary Nigerian music industry is concerned, personally, I would mention only 2face, Dbanj, Psquare ,Davido , Olamide (yes) and Wizkid as Legends in the Industry.The rest are towing the path to achieve this great status and in few years’ time and with consistency, most of the remaining A list Nigerian artists will be considered Legends for their contribution to the music industry.
Wonderful..
A Davido, Olamide, Wizkid are legends....... and Asha, Darey are what actually?

This is like calling Hazard a legend beside Andre Pirlo.

Let these guys be, after their careers you can call them whatever you want to.

Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by kingNovak: 1:11pm On Nov 11, 2017
Henryyy:
2face✔ D'banj✔ Wizkid✔ Tiwa Savage✔ Olamide ✔ (for obvious reasons) Davido is not a legend.
Davido is a legend. Hate it or love it.
Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by Adaomalight(f): 1:11pm On Nov 11, 2017
freeman95:

And azadus cheesy

Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by 26Clueless(m): 1:12pm On Nov 11, 2017
legends are MI ABaga (in my own opinion sha oo Olamide (upcoming legend Ah ah Ice Prince (he changed d rapping game in Naija Asa
Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by BerryAnny(m): 1:13pm On Nov 11, 2017
Factfinder1:
Nobody to me....I give it to ASA who knows what good music really is and who can sign with live band without the use of studio filters and auto tune...the rest are noise makers....even 2face is claiming one legend dat I don't really understand
Jokes apart,I thought I'm the only person that always get confused anytime 2Baba is being tagged as such. The dude didn't even do anything extraordinary to deserve it. I'd rather pick Don Jazzy and P square than him.
Re: Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2017
kingNovak:
Davido is a legend. Hate it or love it.
Before u think I'm a wizkid fan (because thats what u all do), no I'm not. But Davido has really not done anything worthy of legendary status. He is popular, has worked with a good number of foreign artistes, etc, but he is not a legend. Its like placing jay z on a Michael Jackson pedestal.

Miracle Ikechukwu Visits Warner Bros Studio In London, Shares Adorable Photo / Chris Ayo Joseph Is Depressed And Thinking Of Suicide / Charlyboy's New Pictures