Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,142 members, 7,887,307 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:28 AM

Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns (34036 Views)

Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead / Gas Explosion In Surulere Burns Down Building, Cars (Photos, Videos) / Truck Carrying Gas Cylinders Explode In Edo State, Houses Burnt. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by PROPHETmichael: 8:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
emeijeh:

Oya show me the way.

Alright...i will show you the way and if you follow, within 5 years, you won't believe it's you. I hear tell the son of Onosetale that his upliftment is connected to Vivian. Love her more and prosperity and open doors shall you experience.

That's the way you need.
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by pooozeee(m): 8:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
FrenchWay:
Me na stove I de use o.
Dem say I b old fashion... I tell dem say I get sense pass dem.

Me canor come and gonand burn jux like dat.

My dowry go jux go increase

Kerosine is the most dangerous when they are adultrated they explode easily

Gas is very save when they are not kept in the kitchen, even when kept in the kitchen and properly monitored, they are save

1 Like

Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by AleAirHub(m): 8:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
Everything is stealing able in my area including dustbin... grin grin grin

Then person go come put gas cylinder outside , be prepared to buy many gas cylinder in tombia market everyday cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by TourismMan(m): 8:11pm On Jan 21, 2018
My brother is not a nairalander. I wish he would be reading this. Meanwhile, I never like gas for one day before. Two things I mostly have phobia in life for are gas cylinder and accident scene.
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by olasaad(f): 8:11pm On Jan 21, 2018
erico2k2:

yes you only need less than 1 inch hole to do this, if you live in a fenced compound then you are lucky, do this as a matter of urgency

What of someone that stays upstairs. How can we go about it and the kitchen is indoor too
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by aspirebig: 8:15pm On Jan 21, 2018
highchief1:
try to live in a secure house security means everything no man born of a woman can enter my house at night

The house ia very secured and well fenced..but these hungry thieves are taking unnecessary risk. The scale the fence just to steal car battery and gas cylinders.

The other day, my friend brand new Toyota Corolla 2014 model was vandalised. The house is well fenced with two security guards . The guards said they did not know when the thief enter the compound .The guy spent over 300k to replace the the head lights, brain box among other things stolen...God that saved my friend was that his Toyota camry tiny light is still available. ...he actually travelled with that one the day ..so it was the camry he was using till he fixed the Cororlla back....

One thing is sure... jungle justice is loading for those thieves.....seriously ..one day na one day.
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by TourismMan(m): 8:17pm On Jan 21, 2018
Countersam:
This is a very important warning.

But I am confused because I dunno where else to keep my cylinder because the only space outside is where my generators are.

On your head will be a better place
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by TourismMan(m): 8:21pm On Jan 21, 2018
PROPHETmichael:

In UK, gas cylinder is put outside of the house in a small underground pit; from there, a pipe is connected to the gas cooker in the kitchen.

This should be the safest method/practice but it is neither feasible nor obtainable in Nigeria. We are not just serious about anything.

1 Like

Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by erico2k2(m): 8:23pm On Jan 21, 2018
olasaad:

What of someone that stays upstairs. How can we go about it and the kitchen is indoor too
Is there no balcony on the rear of teh building? or close to the kitchen?
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by erico2k2(m): 8:23pm On Jan 21, 2018
Rubbiish:

Sir is this sth like connecting d gas from d cylinder with a pipe to d burner?
yes, seperate burner from bottle!
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by olasaad(f): 8:24pm On Jan 21, 2018
erico2k2:

Is there no balcony on the rear of teh building? or close to the kitchen?

Yes there isn't
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by erico2k2(m): 8:25pm On Jan 21, 2018
aspirebig:

The house ia very secured and well fenced..but these hungry thieves are taking unnecessary risk. The scale the fence just to steal car battery and gas cylinders.

The other day, my friend brand new Toyota Corolla 2014 model was vandalised. The house is well fenced with two security guards . The guards said they did not know when the thief enter the compound .The guy spent over 300k to replace the the head lights, brain box among other things stolen...God that saved my friend was that his Toyota camry tiny light is still available. ...he actually travelled with that one the day ..so it was the camry he was using till he fixed the Cororlla back....

One thing is sure... jungle justice is loading for those thieves.....seriously ..one day na one day.

Security was asleep, this is why Abokis are the best options
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by Nonye1: 8:26pm On Jan 21, 2018
put am for toilet
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by erico2k2(m): 8:26pm On Jan 21, 2018
olasaad:

Yes there isn't
wrong house design, well your nxt option is to pipe the Bottle from downstairs.You will need the pipe.I have seen this done
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by homesteady(m): 8:26pm On Jan 21, 2018
You should just be careful while using it. You must always have it in mind that it is very volatile, by that way you can perceive it easily when it is leaking.
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by Zirah: 8:28pm On Jan 21, 2018
emeijeh:

OK, hopefully, I will relocate to the UK because of this
cheesy

I'm as scared of gas as you. Maybe I'll stop cooking or get a new stove. But there are cases of kerosene explosion as well. What will one do now?
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by olasaad(f): 8:29pm On Jan 21, 2018
erico2k2:

wrong house design, well your nxt option is to pipe the Bottle from downstairs.You will need the pipe.I have seen this done

God will protect us
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by Fezzolee: 8:30pm On Jan 21, 2018
Lol mad man lol
megrimor:
Should we put it on top Buhari's empty skull?
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by Abeyjide: 8:30pm On Jan 21, 2018
emeijeh:
So many families are guilty of this, including me.

Are we gonna burst our walls to pass the gas hose outside?

Yes. Look for experts and they will do it neatly. Just did mine 2 weeks ago even with roles on walls.
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by ifnyioj22(m): 8:33pm On Jan 21, 2018
YoungRichRuler:
What of people like us who use camp gas?
Father have mercy
take the gas outside and lv the camp inside,you av been warned!!
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by erico2k2(m): 8:35pm On Jan 21, 2018
olasaad:

God will protect us
True but this might just be God own way of protecting you ie sending youa message to keep your household safe.Plz do this cos two years ago a mother of four got burnt to death oposit my house, it was a two story building and the culprit was a gas cylinder.Everyone watch from teh ground as she got trapped and burnt

1 Like

Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by afoife: 8:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
ignis:
Do people still put gas cylinders inside the kitchen? That's suicidal.

some of us live upstairs.......any ideas on where we can keep our cylinders please I am seriously scared
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 21, 2018
av been keeping cylinders in my kitchen for 20+years , safety rule use good quality hose
hose should not be more than 5feet in length
always turn off the valves when done.
finally don't use odorless butane.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by Mpanyi: 8:47pm On Jan 21, 2018
Zirah:

I'm as scared of gas as you. Maybe I'll stop cooking or get a new stove. But there are cases of kerosene explosion as well. What will one do now?

For kerosene explosion, to avoid, once you buy kerosene, pour small on the floor/ground and try lighting with matches. If it's kerosene it will not light or make pop sound but if it's adulterated it will makebpop sound

1 Like

Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by ignis: 8:51pm On Jan 21, 2018
afoife:

some of us live upstairs.......any ideas on where we can keep our cylinders please I am seriously scared

The upstairs have no veranda?
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by greggng: 8:57pm On Jan 21, 2018
emeijeh:
So many families are guilty of this, including me.

Sure just a chisel and hammer will do the job. I am planning to build a smaller place for it outside to prevent direct sun shine and tunder storm. . That thing is better stored underground

Are we gonna burst our walls to pass the gas hose outside?
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by bettercreature(m): 8:58pm On Jan 21, 2018
Adeoba10:

How can we detect leaking cylindee? Is there any other method apart from the sizzling sound and smell?
No other way

1 Like

Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by maasoap(m): 8:59pm On Jan 21, 2018
hanassholesolo:
What happens when lightning comes in contact with the cylinder? What happens when the sun is too sorching? Leaving the cylinder outside for a prolong amount of time is also dangerous. The best thing to do would be to have a big ass ventilation in your kitchen incase of a leak, the gas can escape easily through the vent rather than being trapped inside leading to an explosion.
You made too much sense.
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by highchief1: 9:01pm On Jan 21, 2018
aspirebig:

Bro from ur write up and as a security expert ur guards should be drilled they have a hand in those theft
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 21, 2018
Rich4god:
Apart from leak and carelessness, gas explosion normal occur as a result of pressure and inferior gas cylinder. I always advice peeps... Which ever cylinder you are using, fill it with less than 1.5kg in other to have buffer space for expansion or if the cyclinder is weak. Filling a gas cylinder almost to the brim is dangerous.

Just come here and be saying what u don't know smh...only a spark and phone call can ignite gas explosion and for u to fill a cylinder to the brim it depends on the regulator u use for example if u use the high pressure regulator you're safe 100%.
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by Fourwinds: 9:22pm On Jan 21, 2018
ignis:
Do people still put gas cylinders inside the kitchen? That's suicidal.
I do oooo...its only God that protects but I'm very careful about it...

the house beside mine, there are boys who have been to prison...you know what I mean...imagine leaving a 12.5kg cylinder outside...
Re: Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns by matrixme(m): 9:27pm On Jan 21, 2018
Guys we are all taking the information wrongly. She said 90% of gas explosion incidents are due to camping gas explosion. We need to know that camping gas are those small cylinders with burners on top, no matter their shape. They are highly unstable and prone to unnecessary leaks.
If you must use gas and put it in your kitchen, make sure it is one that is sturdy and has separate switch.
Gas is still far safer than kerosene in the long run if you consider carbon monoxide poisoning.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Our Tenant Hasn't Paid Rent Since 2018, What Can I Do? / Eko Atlantic: The Sight And Beauty / Anambra Man Builds House For Poor Widow, Dedicates It After Completion. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.