Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,354 members, 7,888,124 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:00 PM

Before We Loose Focus... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before We Loose Focus... (253 Views)

Coronavirus: Obasanjo Lists 6 Areas Government Must Focus On / Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu / Fani-kayode Has Some Loose Nuts In His Head - Lauretta Onochie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Before We Loose Focus... by ikorodureporta: 5:10am On Nov 12, 2017
Why are we all fighting over tithing? Is tithe the only source of a church's income? Apart from tithes, churches make money from offerings, thanksgiving, seed sowing, partners, anonymous donors, etc. Why has tithing become the weightier issue??

Lets focus on what our churches use our money for: if a church cannot build a medical facility for the sick, vocational centres for the unemployed, feeding the poor & caring for the needy, then we have to reconsider if they really need our financial support.

I know the power present @ the altar when people go out for blessing during tithe payment, th4 dnt shortchange yrselves of this blessing. If u'r truly using your money,& talents to the will of God, i dnt think you shld be denied blessing when you step out to receive blessings @ the altar, 'cos i dnt think all the 10% of yr income shld always be submitted. If my church is taking care of the sick & needy, i can give even 50% of my income to support them as long as I'm not compelled by any man to do so.... I recall how i attended a church program, & without any prior notice, 'Partnership' forms were shared to everyone with fixed amount, compelling us to choose to be monthly, quarterly, or annual donors. I just left the form blank & walked away. So if i have less or more than the amount, i cannot donate, or if i had a more weighty issue to deal with i shld now donate to my 'partners'??

Lets focus on the weightier issues, ie how your Church 'heals' the world from poverty...if yr church cannot provide medical facilities for the sick, vocational/ skill acquisition centres for the unemployed, & caring for the poor & needy, don't give them your money!

Lalasticlala, Seun

(1) (Reply)

Court Freezes N350m In Account Linked With Patience Jonathan / Women Empowerment: Good Leaders Are Not Nervous Of Gender Parity. / #todayinsenateplenary* *proceedings Of The Nigerian Senate Of Thursday, 15th No

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.