Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,158 members, 7,949,984 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 04:25 AM

My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 (6032 Views)

My Father Called Me Mother One Day On The Phone / Is Bishop David Oyedepo's Church Indirectly Glorifying Satan(photos) / Her Boyfriend Called Me: You Are Not Safe! Pls Help Me O (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by paxson: 7:56am On Mar 22, 2010
I was in my office LAST WEEK Wednesday and got a call from my girlfriend’s mum that was I the one calling her with one number?, i answerd no.i told her if she’s Inquisitive she will notice i never called her with anyother line except mine, cos,I find it difficult calling at the fone booth, if I gat limited balance on my phone I would rather send the person a text.

She began to narrate the story to me that someone called her this morning and said
The conversation ensued in Yoruba

Strange voice – ekaro ma(goodmorning ma),ana yin ni ma(its your in law ma)
My gfrnd’s mum – ana mi(my inlaw?)is this ??(she called my name)
Strange voice – yes ma.
My gfrnd’s mum – ba wo ni voice e se ri bayi(wot  hapnd to your voice)
Strange voice – mo ni catarrh ati cold (I have catarrh and cold)
My gfrnd’s mum – eh ya pele(sorry)
Strange voice – mummy we went to lagos on our way back we decidd to check on you, are u at home?
My gfrnds mum – yes am at home

N.B-have not seen her  before,I don’t know where she lives,we only talk on fone.was waiting for the daughter to come home for easter so that we can both go together, and she knows where I work e.t.c.

About 20mins later  the strange voice called her again and said mummy on our way to ur place we jammed an okada man and we got arrested by the police.we are at the police station now and we r in need of money cos,our car is far from the police station they took us to and we have money in it,

My gfrnds mum – but ow are mine going to send the money
Strange voice – u can send it in form of recharge card

N.B – all dos while she didn’t even call me to find out if I was the person calling her and she has my number with her.

She went ahead and sent #10,000 card to the hoodlums, fink she was now waiting for them to call her back after she sent the card but they didn’t call her, she now decided to call my own number.

I actually felt bad when she narrated the whole thing to me and told her to send the number to me which she did…

I called d number,pretended as if I knw the owner of the number and found out that they were 419ers, i called her back to tell her and also told her to take it easy, that I will come and see her if the daughter come back from school.

7pm that same day when I left office,I called her like 6 times there was no response, called her again around 9pm when I got home,she picked and said
“hello who is this”, i was shocked and replied “its me ?(my name)”, the next thing I heard was “wrong number” and she ended the call immediately, and don’t forget that I called her on Sunday to wishd her mothers day which she also called back later in the night to check on me…

N.B…at least she calls twice in a week to say hi.

I told the daughter everything and found out that the mum had called her earlier but,she told me she hasn’t spk to the mum for 2days which was a bloody lies…cos they talk everyday, since then her character changed,

Made so many efforts to talk to the mum but,she wont pick my calls, instead she cuts  it.

And bn the kind of person I am,have been having series of tots lately which is really affecting me mentally also affecting my work…

Don’t know wot to do pple.please advice me.
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 22, 2010
Then move on with ur life, you don't have to kill yourself over anybody.
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 22, 2010
Just give it time. She is angry and hurt cos she lost money
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by woye77: 10:27am On Mar 22, 2010
there are two things you can do - you can either forget about them and move on with your life - if they don't believe you, they are not worth the effort OR you can offer to refund the 10,000 naira - best of luck!
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by paxson: 11:14am On Mar 22, 2010
@chipmunkey, thank, @aisha, Dnt 4gt it hapnd lastwk wed, Stl rjectin ma cals uptil nw, Nywaz Thanks, @woye, Nice piece.Tnx
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by Pamperme: 11:21am On Mar 22, 2010
She is angry with you for her own stupidity. shocked shocked shocked

Abeg women plenty for Lagos o
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 22, 2010
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by paxson: 11:53am On Mar 22, 2010
@pamperme, tnx for d advic, @chaircover, its true, bt my problem is dt she wont pk my cal, cos,i av to swab d false allegation she leveld against me.
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by usbcable(m): 11:59am On Mar 22, 2010
obviously they are angry at their own stupidity for falling for the con-men.

and sadly your GF is too dumb to realise the obvious(that itsz not your fault, but her mum)

I'l advise you give her, ''undermature'' intelligence time to see beyond the fog( I love my mum no matter what), hopefully she will come to her expected senses. If not then she will exhibit more stupidity in any future occurences.

ALL THE ABOVE IS BASED ON WHAT YOU NARRATED. IF THERE IS MORE TO THEIR TAKING SUCH STANCE THEN ALL I SAID MY NOT TOTALLY APPLY.

wink
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by nwaka80(f): 12:09pm On Mar 22, 2010
If ur gf knows u well enough, as in the kind of person u are and the kind of things u can or cannot do, I think she should be able to convince her mum that it wasn't you. Goodluck sha.
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by paxson: 12:58pm On Mar 22, 2010
she sabi me well, we v bn together 4 3yrs, she jst turned out to be a droll n comical, it really surprisd me sha, cos i neva xpectd such frm her,
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 22, 2010
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by paxson: 2:11pm On Mar 22, 2010
@chaircover, it surprised me o, d mumsy stl cald me 2days b4 d occurrence which was mothers day, we talkd 4 like 5mins, she was advicin me askd afta her daughter,n askd if we r communicatin n op theres no prob, she z she cant wait to c me, remembad i told her i wld com n c her if my gurl gfrn com bk frm sch, my gurlfrnd n her siblins always ask y d mumsy kon like me like ds,
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 22, 2010
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by paxson: 4:17pm On Mar 22, 2010
@chaircover, maybe, u know most ladies this dayz are trickery,
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by paxson: 9:56pm On Mar 22, 2010
@all, imagine o, my gurlfrnd younga sista calld me ds evenin that her mum z it was my voice she heard o, which d mumsy evn told me dat very day it hapnd dat d voice heard ddnt sound like mine which promptd her to askd d 419 dt wot hapnd to ur z, n d 419 told her he has catarrh n cold, pple,imagine such magnitude of lies ds woman leveld against me, ha!, is it right to tel an elderly person that shes lyin?, egba mi o, its sadden, bt,life can be funny at times, i knw d God m servin wil neva 4sake me.
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by HajiraB(f): 10:14pm On Mar 22, 2010
This was not meant to be, if you and this girl have been together for 3-4 years and she has not given you the benefit of the doubt
she is not the wife you need in your life or the person you want to be with. the mother that is  another issue she is old enough to be ure mum even if she thinks it is you the way she has gone about it shows no maturity at all

I will say goodbye to trash,  I would not lose any sleep over it it is not you so let it be

Let God judge the lord will give you your own girlfriend
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by woye77: 10:28pm On Mar 22, 2010
@paxson - let's look at this story from another angle - how are you sure that your girlfriend's mum was actually duped by 419? She may have cooked up th story in order to give her daughter an excuse to dump you for another man - it seems their is more to their reaction than meets the eye
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by paxson: 5:19am On Mar 23, 2010
@hajirab, uv said it all.fink d level of maturity she showcasd really communicate d kind of person n family she has, thanks @woye, xactly.fink there is more to their reactions, bt God dey, thanks
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by djojo(m): 4:49pm On Mar 23, 2010
i don't think u av to think about the issue. the mother may just want to use that as a cover up to discharge u from her daughter, if something like that really happen i will not advise u to return the money cos they will be thinking that u are the one behind the scene, that is why u return the money. why can't u move on with ur life and forget about the stuff so it will not affect ur work.
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2010
Wow! wat a pity? just try within ur own personal abilities to make her understand ur side of this matter if possible try appeasing her try all ur best even if she still carry on with her new attitude but after trying all u can and have given her some time and she don't change pls move on with ur life, FORGET HER AND HER DAUGHTER there are a MILLION better Nigerian ladies and their mothers who are willing and would readily accept u if ur RESPECTFUL and TRUSTWORTHY. cheers!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by suxes2005(m): 4:59pm On Mar 23, 2010
It doesnt worth it at all if she doesnt
respect or trust you

How on earth could she have behaved
like that? Moreover ur g/f which is her daughter
has lot to do as per dis case.

Tell her mum whom you are and if her mum persists,
then refund d 10k but u know yoruba and history,

1 day she might just remember and start
using it against u in d future!

SHALOM
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by carnal: 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2010
@paxson my best advise is go to the house,mak sure you have 20k in an envelope wrapped and sealed.No mata what went down make sure you drop the cash and as for your gurl pls just walk away she doesnt deserve you cos the same thing will happen tomorrow (when you guys are married) and she will turn her back at you same way
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by paxson: 5:10pm On Mar 23, 2010
@Djojo,lomomike,suxes2005, its unfortunate, i tink thats y God created us in diff colours and characters, we are just vary, but i know that sooner or later,the truth shall prevail, if God be for me,who dem be,
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by paxson: 5:11pm On Mar 23, 2010
@carnal, exactly, u are right, av neva expected her to put up such kinda attitude at all, God is on my side
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by paxson: 5:12pm On Mar 23, 2010
@carnal, exactly, u are right, av neva expected her to put up such kinda attitude at all, God is on my side
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by cold(m): 5:13pm On Mar 23, 2010
This same thing happened to me too abt 2 mths ago.Someone called my girlfriend's mum & claimed he was me calling from England & that he sent  her a substantial amt of money;That she shld go to a certain bank & collect the cash,adding that 'pls mama just manage it for now' lol.

Fortunately for her she called her daughter & explained to her the conversation that had just ensued btw her & the impersonator claiming to be me saying she was already on her way to the bank to collect the money.Her daughter told the mum that she has no idea what she's on about & that we spoke the day b4 & i never mentioned anything of the sort.The daughter had to instruct the mum to tarry awhile while she gets in touch with me  to confirm.Of course it wasn't me & i told her so laughing really hard,who knows what was in the offing for the old woman,they probably might have abducted her for a ransome.Where i for start,poor me,lmao.
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by djojo(m): 5:13pm On Mar 23, 2010
i don't think u av to think about the issue. the mother may just want to use that as a cover up to discharge u from her daughter, if something like that really happen i will not advise u to return the money cos they will be thinking that u are the one behind the scene, that is why u return the money. why can't u move on with ur life and forget about the stuff so it will not affect ur work.
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by badboym: 5:28pm On Mar 23, 2010
This is what I tell people about Personality, People will always take you for granted if you're not financially buoyant.I don't see someone accusing me of duping her of #10,000 cos of course she knows am worth tens of millions.Your Story is very unfortunate Dude, May God see you through.
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by joshO: 5:29pm On Mar 23, 2010
fink d level of maturity she showcasd really communicate d

Mum may have simply found someone with better 'grammar' for her daughter   cheesy grin
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by joshO: 5:35pm On Mar 23, 2010
On a serious note, this same thing happend between my dad and one of my closest friends. Dupe called my old man in Naij from Yankee impersonating my friend. Long story short, old man ends up paying a major sum into a local bank account!!

Somehow you'd expect these folks will call the #'s they have to verify before parting with money. Someone I know say it's juju they use grin
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by paxson: 5:41pm On Mar 23, 2010
@josho, its not juju, fink insatiable and ignorant is the major basis

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are Cases Of Infertility Common With Wealthy Families? / How Do You Handle An Angry Wife / Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.