Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,246 members, 7,880,916 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:13 AM

How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? (2485 Views)

How Long Do Yu Stay IN Toilet / How Long Ve U Bin Here? / Is Sickle Cell The True Explanation For The Ogbanje/abiku Myth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by na2day2(m): 8:51am On Mar 22, 2010
In today's culture most of us are practically married to our cell phones or computers. after reading an article on cnn, i was wondering how long can we actually be without our cell phones? can u stay at least up to 24hrs without touching or checking on ur phone, responding to txt and or just have it off for 24hrs.

I will go first to answer the question: for me i dont talk much on the phone, just not my style and i am not into texting folks, i just like my computers to death and the internet, my phone gives me the internet on the fly so i can see myself living without my cell phone for 24hrs only i might need cpr at the end of that 24hrs(my combat games are on my phone too) embarassed embarassed grin grin
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by kevoh(m): 9:40am On Mar 22, 2010
Can't live without mine! I basically do everything with it!
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 22, 2010
Cos i'm a business man, i don't joke with my phone. grin
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by SeanT21(f): 2:30pm On Mar 22, 2010
Its funny you asked this question because I am without a phone now. I went to watch a symphony yesterday and left my phone in the performing arts theatre. I'm going back there to pick it up today after class.

, I hate the fact that my phone is so far away. I feel disconnected from the world. I cant be that long without it
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by na2day2(m): 7:33pm On Mar 22, 2010
chipmunkey:

Cos i'm a business man, i don't joke with my phone. grin

no joke! wink wink

kevoh:

Can't live without mine! I basically do everything with it!

we both live on the same street then even though i hardly use mine smiley smiley

SeanT21:

Its funny you asked this question because I am without a phone now. I went to watch a symphony yesterday and left my phone in the performing arts theatre. I'm going back there to pick it up today after class.

, I hate the fact that my phone is so far away. I feel disconnected from the world. I cant be that long without it

poor baby, i cant imagine what u did be going through without it. yesterday while driving to church i suddenly realized my phone was not with me, and i was already a good ways off the house, i turned right back and headed to get my phone from home only for me not to be able to find it in the house, i almost went into panic mode. i used the land line to call my cell only for it to ring in my car, the stupid phone was in my jacket that was in the car, phew! embarassed embarassed
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:17pm On Mar 22, 2010
i dont tink i wud exist if my phones not wit me

presently in schul all d way in country side

miss my folks daily so i nid 2 communicado ooh

na kill u wan kill b dat wot shud i b talkin 2 bushes , sheeps, goats chickens e.t.c

dont tink i cant cope @ all tho wit enet i most survive
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by shilling(f): 3:57am On Mar 23, 2010
Don't know how long I can survive but I recently didn't have a phone for 5 days cos I changed my cellphone plan and had to wait for my new cellphone to get here.
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by Sissy3(f): 4:49am On Mar 23, 2010
a grandma like me hardly know where/how to dial my grand daughter. i had to wear specs with the highest magnification the other day just to tell my daughter come and pick me up.  sad

oldies like myself can hardly keep up all this new teknologies of todays young people. back in my days, we used empty matchese box and walkie talkie to communicate, oh my days! the other day my granddaughter was showing me how to text how i can send message with those small things? i am even talking that i wear double specs just to dial a number and now she wants to totally blind my eyes completely with those rarely there keyboards undecided whatever happened to the good 'ol landlines undecided

my son, dont worry much about my ramblings just that things have really changed since my days. i still prefer the good ol' face to face and the landlines method of communication. P.S no need calling me old and outdated cause i know already i am. i must go now, the landline is ringing, must be my precious granddaughter.
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by na2day2(m): 6:52am On Mar 23, 2010
shilling:

Don't know how long I can survive but I recently didn't have a phone for 5 days cos I changed my cellphone plan and had to wait for my new cellphone to get here.

come on now, 5 days? seriously? shocked shocked shocked i cud have died lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by na2day2(m): 6:53am On Mar 23, 2010
~Sissy~:

a grandma like me hardly know where/how to dial my grand daughter. i had to wear specs with the highest magnification the other day just to tell my daughter come and pick me up.  sad

oldies like myself can hardly keep up all this new teknologies of todays young people. back in my days, we used empty matchese box and walkie talkie to communicate, oh my days! the other day my granddaughter was showing me how to text how i can send message with those small things? i am even talking that i wear double specs just to dial a number and now she wants to totally blind my eyes completely with those rarely there keyboards undecided whatever happened to the good 'ol landlines undecided

my son, dont worry much about my ramblings just that things have really changed since my days. i still prefer the good ol' face to face and the landlines method of communication. P.S no need calling me old and outdated cause i know already i am. i must go now, the landline is ringing, must be my precious granddaughter.

i didnt know we had a grandchild undecided undecided
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by kevoh(m): 11:06am On Mar 23, 2010
na2day?:

no joke! wink wink

we both live on the same street then even though i hardly use mine smiley smiley

LOL.If u hardly use yours then you're not on my street!
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by na2day2(m): 6:45pm On Mar 23, 2010
kevoh:

LOL.If u hardly use yours then you're not on my street!

i hardly use it to talk but browse alot on it on the fly and play my games too, so i use it but not for talking. i am not a big talker on the phone wink wink
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by Sissy3(f): 6:53am On Mar 24, 2010
na2day?:

i didnt know we had a grandchild undecided undecided

angry angry angry
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by na2day2(m): 6:58am On Mar 24, 2010
~Sissy~:

angry angry angry

awww baby, did u wake up on the wrong side of the mat? kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by Sissy3(f): 7:12am On Mar 24, 2010
angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by Jarus(m): 9:49am On Mar 24, 2010
While rushing to work yesterday I forgot my phone at home. So I was without phone all day, from 5.30 am to 10 pm, more than 16 hours. I saw 57 missed calls on my phone when I got back home. It almost generated an issue for me though as one of our consultants who was trying to reach me on my mobile phone sent a mail to one of the big bosses in the company that they needed to get something important from me and they had made fruitless efforts to contact me.

For my personal life, I think I can stay without phone for a week but to avoid my loved ones(parents etc) being apprehensive, I will have to be calling with another phone. But for my job, it will be a little difficult.
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by na2day2(m): 6:18pm On Mar 24, 2010
~Sissy~:

angry angry angry angry angry angry

u need to stop frowning, the amount of botox i have been buying just for ur face is getting out of hand. dont u know we are in a recession? lipsrsealed
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 24, 2010
Hi mister Na2day! Lovely day isnt it? lol Cellphones are nolonger a privilege but rather compulsory. I can go without my cellphone but it would be a risk as important business is taken care of via my cellphone not to mention contacting loved ones. Great question though. Some ppl are looney tunes without theirs.
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by usbcable(m): 12:04pm On Mar 25, 2010
I dont have a cellphone cool
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by na2day2(m): 5:09pm On Mar 25, 2010
usbcable:

I dont have a cellphone cool

LIE!
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by jamace(m): 2:12am On Mar 26, 2010
Can't do without mine o. cheesy cheesy
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by na2day2(m): 3:14am On Mar 26, 2010
jamace:

Can't do without mine o. cheesy cheesy

better person. i can understand the phone being stolen but to willfully give it up for 24 hrs, that's gonna be hard
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by Sissy3(f): 2:32am On Mar 28, 2010
na2day?:

u need to stop frowning, the amount of botox i have been buying just for your face is getting out of hand. dont u know we are in a recession? lipsrsealed

[size=1pt]checks self in the mirror, sees no finelines or crows feet. breaths a sign of relief [/size] gives him a dirty slap feels even more better
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by rhymz(m): 2:41am On Mar 28, 2010
~Sissy~:

[size=1pt]checks self in the mirror, sees no finelines or crows feet. breaths a sign of relief [/size] gives him a dirty slap feels even more better
haahahahahaha. . . Two of Una no well O. . Lol. . Very soon i go botox d two of una for nya. . . Hahahaha
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by na2day2(m): 7:55am On Mar 28, 2010
~Sissy~:

i dodge am! tongue tongue i still get skills cool cool cool

rhymz:

haahahahahaha. . . Two of Una no well O. . Lol. . Very soon i go botox d two of una for nya. . . Hahahaha

we need am
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by iice(f): 4:20pm On Mar 28, 2010
Me and phone no be friends grin
I don't do calls (unless they are important). . .don't like texting.  I've gone without phones for long periods.  Longest being two years cool
I often leave my phone behind and once i get home, i throw it on the bed and dont bother with it again, till the next day. 
I prefer not to use my phone to surf or play games, unless i'm stuck on an hour boat ride to an island, and i'm bored or not sleepy grin
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by na2day2(m): 12:05am On Mar 29, 2010
iice:

Me and phone no be friends grin
I don't do calls (unless they are important). . .don't like texting.  I've gone without phones for long periods.  Longest being two years cool
I often leave my phone behind and once i get home, i throw it on the bed and dont bother with it again, till the next day. 
I prefer not to use my phone to surf or play games, unless i'm stuck on an hour boat ride to an island, and i'm bored or not sleepy grin

nobody ever said u were a human tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by rhymz(m): 12:08am On Mar 29, 2010
na2day?:

nobody ever said u were a human  tongue tongue tongue
hahahahahaha. . I was goina ask him if he was a human robot or island. . Hahaha
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by na2day2(m): 12:35am On Mar 29, 2010
rhymz:

hahahahahaha. . I was goina ask him if he was a human robot or island. . Hahaha

him-her-she u mean wink wink grin grin
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by Naijagal12(f): 12:38am On Mar 29, 2010
The longest I've gone without a cell phone was 1 week and it was pretty rough. . . I don't think I can live without technology.
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by na2day2(m): 12:44am On Mar 29, 2010
Naijagal12:

The longest I've gone without a cell phone was 1 week and it was pretty rough. . . I don't think I can live without technology.

one week! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Long Can You Be Without Your Cell Phone? by mukina2: 12:51am On Mar 29, 2010
i can go long long without my cell phone undecided

me and the phone have this love/hate relationship. sometimes it annoys me grin

i hate texting, Sometimes i turn my fone off the whole day, only put it on to make calls.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbos With Benin Ancestry / Ganwari Ganye, HRH Umaru Sanda Led Others On Thank You Visit To HRH Lamido Adama / When Was The Last Time/year You Played A Banger/knockout During The Christmas Pe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.