Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,560 members, 7,885,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 07:31 AM

How Often Should One Run A Diagnostic Test On A Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Often Should One Run A Diagnostic Test On A Car (5158 Views)

Benz Diagnostic Test Machine / MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway / 5 Reasons Why You Should Carry Out Regular Computer Car Diagnostic Scanning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Often Should One Run A Diagnostic Test On A Car by jossy404: 12:21pm On Nov 13, 2017
Can your scanner code a remote car key?

Gilbertase:
even lower, mine's 16k only and even a little further discounted on konga
Re: How Often Should One Run A Diagnostic Test On A Car by AutoElectNG: 12:40pm On Nov 13, 2017
Gracesofar:
Hello pals and car gurus. I will go straight to the point, I HV dz Toyota Camry with Nigerian name muscle. Although its barely 2 month old and working perfectly buh a friend recently told me I should not wait for the car to start having issue that its best I always run a diagnostic test on it at intervals.

I rili dnt know much about diagnostic test but I know. Its about the car computer processor, micro chips etc. So the question I have is,
1.has anyone ever run a diagnostic test on his car here?

2. how often should it be?

3.Without the car having any issue is their a point running a diagnostic test on it? Because the longest distance the car has gone is between Kaduna to ibadan around sept and also Ibadan to Enugu that same sept. And the final question,

4. Is their any reliable diagnostic center in Enugu or any nearest village to it and and estimated value of its cost

Your additions and referrals are so welcome.
https://www.nairaland.com/3661728/on-board-diagnostics-obd-ii-questions some of your questions answered here
Re: How Often Should One Run A Diagnostic Test On A Car by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 13, 2017
jossy404:
Can your scanner code a remote car key?

lol. hell no! It's an OBD-2 scanner to be plugged to the OBD-2 port on compliant vehicles (which are any and all petrol powered cars made from 1996 till date). E no get anything to do with key at all
Re: How Often Should One Run A Diagnostic Test On A Car by jossy404: 3:55pm On Nov 13, 2017
but you know there are some obd-2 scanners that has that function of coding keys

Gilbertase:
lol. hell no! It's an OBD-2 scanner to be plugged to the OBD-2 port on compliant vehicles (which are any and all petrol powered cars made from 1996 till date). E no get anything to do with key at all
Re: How Often Should One Run A Diagnostic Test On A Car by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:44pm On Nov 13, 2017
Gracesofar:

Prevention they say z better than cure. Same reason I deworm myself quarterly when am so good to go, and same reason o take anti-malarial drugs wen I HV the feeling I might been bitten.

you take anti malaria drugs becoz you are in malaria zone

you wouldnt if you were not

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. / Drivers Licence Issues In Nigeria / Pontiac Vibe Versus Toyota Corolla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.