Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,368 members, 7,900,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:29 PM

Pls Can We Go On With This Relationship With This Our Genotype? Advice Pls - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pls Can We Go On With This Relationship With This Our Genotype? Advice Pls (615 Views)

Genotype: The First Thing To Ask If A Guy Seeks To Have A Relationship With You / Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves / "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Can We Go On With This Relationship With This Our Genotype? Advice Pls by Settingz321(m): 6:27am On Nov 13, 2017
Pls nairalanders this is a real issue Dat just happened recently.Let say am Lekan, I am in my early 20s with job and started dating this lady not quite long, she's in her final year but recently we became fond of each other and we got carried away now she's 1 month pregnant.Now this the issue, her genotype is As while am SC which I don't even know or heard about an SCas genotype myself, am as confused as anything about my genotype, as i don't know the medical complications as regard marrying this lady with As. I've heard different people telling me SC is also a carrier of 's' chromosome. I love this lady, I want to keep the baby, and want to marry the lady when am ready for it, but I may think otherwise if we would be having any medical complications as regard this genotype issue.Pls nairalanders I need ur medical perspectives and opinion about this, can I go on with her?Pls help me push this to the front page thanks.
Cc: @lalasticalala
Re: Pls Can We Go On With This Relationship With This Our Genotype? Advice Pls by daewoorazer(m): 6:29am On Nov 13, 2017
The probability:

Mathematically, there is 75% chance you will have a baby born with the sickle condition from every conception. However, life is not mathematics, you may be lucky, or you may get burned!

The way forward:

Love is never blind. Abort that mission now. Never continue out of pity coz if u do, you'd bring a child into this world to suffer and he/she will never forgive you. This above is apart the stress and it's financial implications.

Practicality:

Imagine giving birth to twins or triplets with sickle cell condition, practically you've shot yourself in the leg. Lemme tell you this, prayers don't change genotype, so in the event you don't heed this 1penny advice, God remains God.
My regards to your wife friend

You've been warned!

2 Likes

Re: Pls Can We Go On With This Relationship With This Our Genotype? Advice Pls by nigeriancritic1(m): 6:40am On Nov 13, 2017
Settingz321:
Pls nairalanders this is a real issue Dat just happened recently.Let say am Lekan, I am in my early 20s with job and started dating this lady not quite long, she's in her final year but recently we became fond of each other and we got carried away now she's 1 month pregnant.Now this the issue, her genotype is As while am SC which I don't even know or heard about an SCas genotype myself, am as confused as anything about my genotype, as i don't know the medical complications as regard marrying this lady with As. I've heard different people telling me SC is also a carrier of 's' chromosome. I love this lady, I want to keep the baby, and want to marry the lady when am ready for it, but I may think otherwise if we would be having any medical complications as regard this genotype issue.Pls nairalanders I need ur medical perspectives and opinion about this, can I go on with her?Pls help me push this to the front page thanks.
Cc: @lalasticalala
Most people do not really need advice.one's grey matter us the best advisor if one chooses to tap into its common sense.
Re: Pls Can We Go On With This Relationship With This Our Genotype? Advice Pls by tolugar: 6:42am On Nov 13, 2017
google is you friend bro.

do anything she asks
Re: Pls Can We Go On With This Relationship With This Our Genotype? Advice Pls by banjicom(m): 6:46am On Nov 13, 2017
Which one is SC again?
Maybe there was a mistake in your genotype spelling, please kindly go to a good hospital and see a doctor with a legible handwriting for your genotype .

1 Like

Re: Pls Can We Go On With This Relationship With This Our Genotype? Advice Pls by oyatmicah(m): 6:53am On Nov 13, 2017
daewoorazer:
The probability:

Mathematically, there is 75% chance you will have a baby born with the sickle condition from every conception. However, life is not mathematics, you may be lucky, or you may get burned!

The way forward:

Love is never blind. Abort that mission now. Never continue out of pity coz if u do, you'd bring a child into this world to suffer and he/she will never forgive you. This above is apart the stress and it's financial implications.

Practicality:

Imagine giving birth to twins or triplets with sickle cell condition, practically you've shot yourself in the leg. Lemme tell you this, prayers don't change genotype, so in the event you don't heed this 1penny advice, God remains God.

You've been warned!
baba all this na english, @op so because of one shikinni love u want destroy ur future, b like say ur village people don put ur mind nd brain for voice mail, u beta end d relationship now bfor its too late
Re: Pls Can We Go On With This Relationship With This Our Genotype? Advice Pls by Celcius: 6:56am On Nov 13, 2017
SC- Sickle Cell, now you wanna get married to an AS. Your case as an SC is just a rare one. Don't bring children into this world to suffer please, because your chance of not having one is 25%.

1 Like

Re: Pls Can We Go On With This Relationship With This Our Genotype? Advice Pls by LifeIsGuhd(f): 6:57am On Nov 13, 2017
daewoorazer:
The probability:

The way forward:

Practicality:

You've been warned!
Well said!
However @bold is totally false.

For the fact that you haven't witnessed it doesnt mean it never happens.

My cousin's genotype changed.
(This is a miracle)

@OP, this is the possible outcome: AS, AC, SS, SC(which I heard is equally difficult to manage(not certain))

OP, kindly FLEE! With all sincerity if you give birth to a sickler you will one day wish you didn't considering the pain they go through (crisis)

Donot go into this marriage expecting a miracle. Make the right decision NOW

1 Like

Re: Pls Can We Go On With This Relationship With This Our Genotype? Advice Pls by Tapout(m): 7:01am On Nov 13, 2017
op you are over 20 years and u don't know your genotype undecided undecided how come?? sad
Re: Pls Can We Go On With This Relationship With This Our Genotype? Advice Pls by UbanmeUdie: 7:11am On Nov 13, 2017
shocked

Firstly, let me upgrade your level of knowledge concerning Hb genotypes briefly.
Hb genotype include;
HbAA
HbAS
HbAC
HbSS
HbSC
And others very less common.

So, your genotype test result coming out as HbSC is not an error at all. You are heterozygous for the sickle cell disease. Unlike the homozygous sickle cell disease called HbSS.
I am sorry to say, it means that you are a sickler. Although, you may appear very healthy and suffer less/very mild crisis once upon a time or may not have suffered any clearly known to you, compared to another person who is also a sickler but HbSS.

Your girlfriend is HbAS, this means that she is healthy but a carrier of the sickle cell trait.

Now, it is a pity that the mistake has been made already, but medically both of you based on your genotypes are highly incompatible.

This is so because, genetically you will produce offsprings that are sicklers.

SC + AS = AS, AC, SS and SC

The above clearly shows how the genotype of your offsprings will turn out if you marry her.

As for you, I will advice you don't get confused and think you are normal as far as your genotype is concerned. You are not different from someone who is HbSS. Infact, just don't let the SC in that result make you feel you can marry anyone. YOU CAN ONLY MARRY SOMEONE WHO IS HbAA.

Sadly, i repeat YOU ARE A SICKLE CELL PATIENT (SICKLER).

You should get medical help and counseling.
Re: Pls Can We Go On With This Relationship With This Our Genotype? Advice Pls by LordHiffy(m): 7:13am On Nov 13, 2017
banjicom:
Which one is SC again?
Maybe there was a mistake in your genotype spelling, please kindly go to a good hospital and see a doctor with a legible handwriting for your genotype .

theres SC genotype, just not too common in Nigeria
Re: Pls Can We Go On With This Relationship With This Our Genotype? Advice Pls by Florblu(f): 7:15am On Nov 13, 2017
banjicom:
Which one is SC again?

There's SC oga
Re: Pls Can We Go On With This Relationship With This Our Genotype? Advice Pls by Florblu(f): 7:17am On Nov 13, 2017
Tapout:
op you are over 20 years and u don't know your genotype undecided undecided how come?? sad

When we have people above 50 that doesn't know their genotype.

Fly abeg
Re: Pls Can We Go On With This Relationship With This Our Genotype? Advice Pls by Ahmed0336(m): 7:28am On Nov 13, 2017
No let love shut ur eyes. D speed u suppose take leave dat regreationship suppose dey ten times faster dan husaain bolt
Re: Pls Can We Go On With This Relationship With This Our Genotype? Advice Pls by Tapout(m): 7:33am On Nov 13, 2017
Florblu:

When we have people above 50 that doesn't know their genotype

Fly abeg

speak for yourself, stop bringing your 50 years age mates into this discussion

IMO, I feel everyone should know his/her genotype same way we know our respective names

(1) (Reply)

Do You No The Difference Between Prostate Enlargement And Prostate Cancer? / If You Love Bananas, Read These 9 Shocking Things. The Number 4 Is The Best / Little Boy Burns Hand With Oil After Been Sent To Purchase Akara - Photos/video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.