Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,268 members, 7,887,784 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:46 PM

My Mechanic And I: AIT Presenter's Ordeal With A Fraudulent Mechanic - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Mechanic And I: AIT Presenter's Ordeal With A Fraudulent Mechanic (1170 Views)

Opinions Needed: My Mechanic Said I Should Use Only Water First In New Radiator. / Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mechanic And I: AIT Presenter's Ordeal With A Fraudulent Mechanic by AutoReportNG: 12:37pm On Nov 13, 2017
Ace broadcaster and AIT Presenter, Lara Wise took to her page today to narrate her ordeal in the hands of her mechanic, recall earlier that she accused the mechanic of sharp practices of silencer and how he apologized? If you missed the story, read it here

https://www.nairaland.com/4080492/some-mechanics-cannot-make-heaven

Now is another twist to the story, read below..

Ahhhhhhhh. I will 'kee' sombori today, I won't swear.

Recall my bitter experience with my panel beater who sold me a refurbished 'silencer' for new?

Recall how upon finding out I went to him and how he begged and applogised, blaming the devil for his action? How he begged me to give him a week to replace it? How he Called after two weeks to say he was ready? How I went there and he gave me a 'brand new' silencer?

He fixed it and in my heart, it was a forgotten issue and I didn't take it out on him any longer. We resumed our banters and, honestly speaking, he is even on my list for Christmas gift.

But I noticed my fuel consumption shot up.

I changed where i usually buy fuel and went to an NNPC mega station yesterday and I spent the same amount on petrol. Then I knew something wasn't right.

This morning I came to my mechanic to help me check why my car was guzzling fuel and, ladies and gentlemen, here. The supposed new 'silencer'. It is a shell. Nothing inside. Just a case. Repainted and sold to me as new.

When my mechanic first informed me, I asked him if he was drunk on a Monday morning.
He laughed, went under my car and brought out the pot. He got a chisel and a hammer and ripped it open. I burst into tears. I feel so pained.

I called the panel who get me into this mess and he said " ehn, e sha ma gbe bo..."( just bring it back).
I have told him to get set for the police.
Why do we do this to ourselves?
Why? ??

Credit: Lara Wise

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/11/my-mechanic-and-i-ait-presenters-ordeal.html

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Marpol
Seun

Re: My Mechanic And I: AIT Presenter's Ordeal With A Fraudulent Mechanic by AutoReportNG: 12:37pm On Nov 13, 2017
Is there any explanation for this?

Mechanics in the house, please enlighten us biko..
Re: My Mechanic And I: AIT Presenter's Ordeal With A Fraudulent Mechanic by Gentlevin: 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2017
Many mechanics (if not all) are crooks.....they are mostly covered in black and that's y u can't see their treachery till its discovered......
Re: My Mechanic And I: AIT Presenter's Ordeal With A Fraudulent Mechanic by nurey(m): 1:36pm On Nov 13, 2017
AutoReportNG:

Are you high on exhaust smoke? You are recycling the same thing ojare grin
you wan make double FTC

Re: My Mechanic And I: AIT Presenter's Ordeal With A Fraudulent Mechanic by AutoReportNG: 1:37pm On Nov 13, 2017
nurey:

Are you high on exhaust smoke? You are recycling the same thing ojare grin
you wan make double FTC

LOL... Nope, its a continuation of that one oo.. Same guy, different wayo...
Re: My Mechanic And I: AIT Presenter's Ordeal With A Fraudulent Mechanic by thebigkendo(m): 1:51pm On Nov 13, 2017
AutoReportNG:

Gazzuzz Mayor2013 honmusa cardoctor come and bail your brother
Re: My Mechanic And I: AIT Presenter's Ordeal With A Fraudulent Mechanic by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:17pm On Nov 13, 2017
catalytic converter and Rear muffler are not same part. It is expected for the muffler to be empty.

Fuel consumption in this particular vehicle is not determined by presence or absence of a catalytic converter.

2 Likes

Re: My Mechanic And I: AIT Presenter's Ordeal With A Fraudulent Mechanic by AutoReportNG: 2:22pm On Nov 13, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
catalytic converter and Rear muffler are not same part. It is expected for the muffler to be empty.

Fuel consumption in this particular vehicle is not determined by presence or absence of a catalytic converter.

Pardon my ignorance sir, but do you think the change of the silencer may likely be the cause for the fuel consumption?
Re: My Mechanic And I: AIT Presenter's Ordeal With A Fraudulent Mechanic by honmusa(m): 7:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
AutoReportNG:

Pardon my ignorance sir, but do you think the change of the silencer may likely be the cause for the fuel consumption?
where exhaust can contribute to drastic and noticeably fuel consumption is due to restriction and leak .However the owner has confirmed the muffler empty so she should check elsewhere.

(1) (Reply)

What's New In The World Of Automotive Technology - Worldwide Developments / Buying Cheap Neat Cars From Togo. / Can You Name All Types Of Cars And Brands? Check Your Knowledge Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.