Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,870 members, 7,927,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 05:06 PM

Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal (1750 Views)

Lets Win Big With Basketball, Odd:8 To 15+ Everyday, 4rm 10pm 2 00:00am / Manchester Uniteds Defender Luke Shaw With Injury In The Match Against PSV:PICS / Rabiu Ibrahim Signs With Psv Pending Work Permit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by RuuDie(m): 4:08pm On Feb 22, 2007
Tues. night I decided 2 watch PSV - Arsenal game & I didn't regret it 'cos i learnt a very, very valuable lesson in how the game should be played.

I think d PSV - Arsenal game was a very intriguing technical duel; Ron Koeman impressed with his match reading abilities and tactical adeptness - his gameplan was spot on, 4 once "the prof" Wenger was out-thot in a gruellin game of wits & guile!

Koeman slowly but surely took the sting outta the gunners 2fast 2furious style by slowing down the tempo of the game 2 near walking pace & @ times, seemed 2 lull the gunners in2 a false sense of security. the commentators seemd to think that the PSV approach was -ve; i felt it was ingenious!

the key to it all was "patience"; PSV played a very patient game that paid off - in football, u're always gonna get chances, even if it is only 1, play 4 that moment & take it just the way PSV did! it was a supremely confident, controlled, commanding perfomance 4rm PSV , thumbs up 2 the dutch masters!
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by Hugoboi(m): 4:16pm On Feb 22, 2007
Ron Koeman impressed with his match reading abilities and tactical adeptness - his gameplan was spot on, 4 once "the prof" Wenger was out-thot in a gruellin game of wits & guile!

I agree wit u!!

Koeman slowly but surely took the sting out of the gunners 2fast 2furious style by slowing down the tempo of the game 2 near walking pace & @ times, seemed 2 lull the gunners in2 a false sense of security. the commentators seemd to think that the PSV approach was -ve; i felt it was ingenious!

VERY INGENIOUS I SAY!! it only goes to say that "the skillful dont always win"

in football, u're always going to get chances, even if it is only 1, play 4 that moment & take it just the way PSV did!

Word!!
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by Vieira(m): 4:28pm On Feb 22, 2007
and was it part of this ingenious plan that the dutch keeper should make two absolute brilliant saves?
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by Hugoboi(m): 4:31pm On Feb 22, 2007
Gomes was in a betta shape both physically and mentally than lehmann.Given Lehmann's antecedents,i wasnt surprised that he was flattened by Mendez's shot, Old age is catchin up real fast!!
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by RuuDie(m): 5:33pm On Mar 01, 2007
@viera ,

that's the game 4 u , u get chances u put 'em away or sometimes u meet a g'keeper who's in inspired form & nada' seems 2 get past him! but take nothing away 4rm Psv; they came in2 that game with a plan, stuck 2 it & rode on their luck - Arsenal came close on some occasions; like i said in football, no matter how badly u play, u're always gonna get a chance or 2; but what matters is if u utilise it! Psv did - Arsenal didn't!!!
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by ladebiXL: 5:40pm On Mar 01, 2007
there is nothing like skills and tactics in football again,just a moment of brilliance changes things.Not from the team but an individual.
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by toshmann(m): 6:16pm On Mar 01, 2007
sudden coaches have emerged grin grin grin arsenal is now a symbol of defeat. grin grin grin gunners have lost their ammunition.

what happened to the armoury? grin grin grin
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by mukina2: 6:54pm On Mar 01, 2007
toshmann:

sudden coaches have emerged grin grin grin arsenal is now a symbol of defeat. grin grin grin gunners have lost their ammunition.

what happened to the armoury? grin grin grin

you should not even talk angry
we trashed you three times already angry tongue
we disgraced you angry

we are ur worst nightmare and you know it . .

i heard benitez forbids the name "arsenal" in ur camp grin shocked grin
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by toshmann(m): 8:37pm On Mar 01, 2007
mukina2:

you should not even talk angry
we trashed you three times already angry tongue
we disgraced you angry

we are your worst nightmare and you know it . .

i heard benitez forbids the name "arsenal" in your camp grin shocked grin

i hear you love grin that's why u guys are on a campaign of failure grin it's like wenger has sworn to embarrass all gooner fans grin grin even blackburn grin grin what happened to all the 6-0, 2-0? when it matters most, arsenal will bow even to watford grin grin grin
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by mukina2: 10:18pm On Mar 02, 2007
look at liferfool . grin grin grin grin
dont make me cyber . . tongue you grin grin
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by RuuDie(m): 3:03pm On Mar 05, 2007
@ toshmann

u can mock gunners all u want but the fact is that ur (L'pool) season's not going 2 be better than theirs , No Carling Cup, no Premiership, no FA Cup; do u think u can win Champs Ligue?
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by spikelord(m): 5:35pm On Mar 05, 2007
Are they still mocking the gunners over the loss to PSV? Just wait and see what will happen to PSV at the Emirates Stadium
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by lordimpaq(m): 2:16am On Mar 08, 2007
although we didn't lose,

but we still did not learn our lesson again and again (score when u have the chance), and our disadvantage at setpieces (damn u hleb), !!

nothing spoil, we'll wait till next season, again
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by Akolawole(m): 10:23am On Mar 08, 2007
Wenger has to sit down and examine things, he definitely contribute to the Season's failure.

The players too forget the game is just 90 minutes.
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by sexxxxy(f): 11:05am On Mar 08, 2007
its so sad that they lost,i cant sleep.i cant eat,i cant work, smiley

yeah right
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by RuuDie(m): 11:53am On Mar 08, 2007
@ sexxxxy

sorry o , there's always another season! wink

I just had that gut feeling that Arsenal were gonna go out; PSV seemed 2 have mastered their approach and mother-luck just refused 2 smile on 'em!
anyhow, Gunnaz can take heart that they are not the only big ligue casualties at this stage & afterall UTD went trophyless last season but they have come back better - The Gunnaz need a bit of a break 2 wink wink
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by kitaun(m): 12:04pm On Mar 08, 2007
And the Carling Cup they won didnt count abi? Allow 4play catch u there u hear?
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by Abdblues(m): 12:13pm On Mar 08, 2007
It is a pity really that Arsenal are ending yet another season trophy-less again. They have now become a big club with a small heart. A +ve they can however draw out of the season is the fact that they have a lot of exciting youngsters who are going to do a lot of great things in seasons to come, If they are all kept together.
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by Razorr(f): 12:16pm On Mar 08, 2007
If the young players agree to stay. . . And do not get lured away with juicy offers! grin
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by Razorr(f): 12:18pm On Mar 08, 2007
Arsenal should borrow a leaf or two from others, and buy a couple of very strong and experienced players to end her woes!
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by mukina2: 12:25pm On Mar 08, 2007
game over .arsenal players have forgotten how to score sad

its ok . can you guys talk about something else? angry
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by Razorr(f): 12:27pm On Mar 08, 2007
Hey Muki Muki. Take heart o. . . You guys would do better next time, after you've sacked your coach and bought some good legs!
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by kitaun(m): 12:30pm On Mar 08, 2007
Razorr, get real and stop disrespecting Wenger!
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by Razorr(f): 12:34pm On Mar 08, 2007
hmmm. . . Wenger. . .   Let me see. . .   Listen, if Mourinho was sacked and Wenger was also sacked from Arsenal and Chelsea employed him, I would drop Chelsea and become a gunner instantly!   grin
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by Abdblues(m): 12:43pm On Mar 08, 2007
@ Razorr:
So you are one of those mourinho's fan (and not Chelsea's) somebody was talking about on the forum yesterday!You seem to be so happy about the gunners' misfortune. It would have been the same for me it it happened to Man U, i grew up amongst loads of them and they gave me hell pre 2004
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by lordimpaq(m): 12:45pm On Mar 08, 2007
@razorr

u r such a schmuck, for saying that, it only goes to show that u don't like the team for wat it is but u only like the coach, grin
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by Razorr(f): 12:46pm On Mar 08, 2007
@Abdblues If you read my post carefully, you would have observed that I'm anti-Wenger and not Pro-mourinho. I don't like Wenger's style at all. I have nothing against the gunners, infact, I symphatise with them, but I can place half the blame for their trophyless season on their coach!
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by mukina2: 12:48pm On Mar 08, 2007
lordimpaq:

@razorr

you're such a schmuck, for saying that, it only goes to show that u don't like the team for what it is but u only like the coach,  grin

shocked shocked sad lordy? or . . . .
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by Abdblues(m): 12:54pm On Mar 08, 2007
Rightly so! When the team is doing very well, the coach gets the credit, It works the other way too. I do wonder how long the gunners are willing to wait for another trophy with Wenger. I don't think they have to wait so long though
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by 4Play(m): 1:32pm On Mar 08, 2007
Nobody has mentioned the fact that Alex,the PSV defender is a Chelsea player
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by mukina2: 1:36pm On Mar 08, 2007
and so?

why cant you guys leave arsenal alone?
where you guys even in the stage we were in last season .

you didnt even qualify for eufa cup .
we shot ourselves in the legs now we got all kinds of flies swarming over us angry
Re: Lessons 4rm Psv - Arsenal by RuuDie(m): 3:04pm On Mar 08, 2007
Oooh no , razorr's here again!

Razorr:

I'm anti-Wenger and not Pro-mourinho. I don't like Wenger's style at all.

now if u're a chelsea fan like u claim, how on earth are u ever not gonna be pro-mourinho? he is the manager of chelsea or so i presume!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Visits President Jonathan To Say Thank You / Nigerian Born - Ogbona Named In Italy's Euro 2012 Squad / Describe Her In Just One Word.(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.