Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,763 members, 7,969,237 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 11:07 PM

I Support El Rufai's Teachers Sacking Decision - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Support El Rufai's Teachers Sacking Decision (339 Views)

Mmesoma: I Support Sanctions Imposed By JAMB – Ezekwesili / I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student / El-rufai Shares Pictures Of Test Scripts Conducted For Kaduna Teachers - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Support El Rufai's Teachers Sacking Decision by Nobody: 5:17am On Nov 14, 2017
Though I am not in support of massive job loss, but I want to commend the executive governor of Kaduna state for his bold decision to sack those unqualified teachers. You want to know why we produce half baked graduates, you just got your answers. If the foundation of a house is faulty, the house cannot stand the test of time. . If the sacked Kaduna teachers feel oppressed then the governor should please conduct another exam for them employing the services of professional exam bodies like WAEC and the exams must be conducted and marked under strict camera surveillance .
I implore all other state governor's to toll thesame path and test their teachers because I was aware of a particular case where a gateman who was a drunk and a serial smoker was promoted to the position of a teacher in a village school just because his sister became the LG education secretary or whatever name you call that office. Tell me what that kind of man who is always under the influence of alcohol and am not sure can even spell his own name teach children? When I was in secondary school we were bold enough to tell our English teacher that these things she's teaching use cannot make use pass WAEC not to talk of JAMB and I was very certain then that our English teacher then will fail jamb woefully if she's to seat for it. Same applies to higher institutions where there are alot of unqualified lectures who can't impact anything on the students and at the end demanding sex or money from students to pass their exams. I am not saying there are no good teachers.... Infact my secondary school physics, maths, biology, chemistry, government teachers where the best of their kind we only had few bad teachers back then in our school. My argument is and still remains, English and mathematics are prerequisite and compulsory subjects in Nigeria and a teacher who can't pass an exam that's too simple for a primary 3 student of a good private school, sacking alone to me is tampering justice with mercy, if it were to be in North Korea they will be made to pay all the salaries they have so far collected and sent to maximum security prison with hard labour. I once again call on all other state government and even the NUC to conduct strict competence test for all teachers and lectures the type job seekers pass through during interview for jobs and anyone found wanting should be shown the exit door and empowered for farming.
Re: I Support El Rufai's Teachers Sacking Decision by CornelG(m): 6:00am On Nov 14, 2017
I concur with you my brother and is a shame i came from kaduna state where our slogan is known as centre of learning but rather is a pity our hardless/foolish past politicians have turn it to centre of examination malpractice/miracle centre due to employment on politics instead of on merit. Today if you want to pass any SSCE exam without even knowing 'what is a noun?' just come to kaduna for is a sure banker for you. To me the 75% benchmark is too low it should have been atleast 90 or even 95% maself.

1 Like

Re: I Support El Rufai's Teachers Sacking Decision by emmie14: 6:13am On Nov 14, 2017
Not only teaching profession that experience decay in recent times but all sectors including police officers and INEC. It's then injustices to target only teachers.
Re: I Support El Rufai's Teachers Sacking Decision by Nobody: 6:18am On Nov 14, 2017
[quote author=emmie14 post=62356068]Not only teaching profession that experienc

yes I was gonna talk about other sectors but just decided to stick to education first. Nigeria problems is hydra in nature. you cut one head and another grows. how do we kill the mother hydra is through good and qualitative education and restructuring of course not by going back to the drawing board like we always do. each time you go back to the drawing board there's every tendency that you will have to start all over again
Re: I Support El Rufai's Teachers Sacking Decision by Nobody: 6:23am On Nov 14, 2017
and by the way I don't know why lalastical hates me so much. o have been in nairaland since 2015 and have been contributing my own quota by writing and I have never made front page no matter how wonderful my write up is or is it because am not part of his snake kingdom or part of Tonto nation or belongs to association of naked fat girls or hushpoppying that's why I don't make FP.... la-la be warned don't let me tell FFK to pick his pen against you

(1) (Reply)

JAMB Announces 2018 UTME Exam Dates And Registration Fee / JAMB Board Place Price Of 2018 UTME Form At N5000 And Date Announced / Jamb Suspends Sales Of 2018 Utme Registration Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.