Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,789 members, 7,930,679 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 04:33 AM

Access Bank USSD Code And Cashless Policy: A Run Against Tide* - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Access Bank USSD Code And Cashless Policy: A Run Against Tide* (1430 Views)

World Central Banks And The Hidden Truth Of Cashless Policy / Funny Photo Of Access Bank Swallowing Diamond Bank / World Youth Day: 1000 Unilag Students Join Access Bank To Celebrate (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Access Bank USSD Code And Cashless Policy: A Run Against Tide* by Proflere: 9:59pm On Nov 14, 2017
The crux of my Final Year Research Project was based on E-Banking using Access Bank Plc as a case study due to their cordial relationship with NESA Unilag and being my loyalty bank. In the course of my study, I found out the operational relevance of the bank's USSD code, created to ease the stress undergone by customers when carrying out some banking transactions. My finding shows that the use of these codes come with charges from the bank and services providers (using 9mobile network as a medium).
For example, if you want to transfer money from your Access Bank account to another Access Bank account, you will be charged #20 and you will be required to have a minimum balance of #10 on your 9mobile network in order to aid the success of this transaction. All other transactions carry one cost or the other from the bank and some are free, but service providers will always remove a certain amount from your account each time you dial the code *901#. The one I am most concerned about is that of when you want to purchase airtime from your bank account. 9mobile still requires that you have a minimum balance on your phone before you could do that. The question is, why do I have to pay my service provider simply because I want to recharge my phone from my bank account? This act has simply discouraged a lot of people from using the code to buy airtime and has exempted some people from carrying out other cashless transactions that this USSD code was created for in the first place.

Ditto GT Bank, some days ago, I received a message from GTB that I could now purchase airtime without any charges by simply dialing *737 *amount#. This is a development on their path and I hope Access Bank and other modern day banks would borrow a cue from them in order to serve the interest of their customers and expand their goodwill.

By Olalere Ayobami Matthew.
Re: Access Bank USSD Code And Cashless Policy: A Run Against Tide* by Infamous(m): 10:49pm On Nov 14, 2017
Accessbank and their inconsistencies (which are legendary BTW).
No SMS alert. Email alert takes close to 2hrs. The fucking USSD *901# works when it feels like.
Maybe because mine is an NYSC account. Lets see how things will pan out after service.

(1) (Reply)

A.B.U ZARIA BEST GRADUATE CIVIL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT / Is Nigeria Open University Certificate Revelant ? / Now That School Has Resumed!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.