Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,552 members, 7,888,778 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 02:56 PM

Leaving Your Child At The Mercy Of A Potential Ritualist - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Leaving Your Child At The Mercy Of A Potential Ritualist (648 Views)

Suspected Ritualist Batters Wife In Ibadan, Oyo Over Refusal To Comply (graphic) / How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? / An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Leaving Your Child At The Mercy Of A Potential Ritualist by infobut(m): 10:39pm On Mar 22, 2010
[b]I will go straight to the point with a true life story. In a village in Nnewi a Mother entrusted his children to a bike man to take them to school and bring them back on daily basis,and this has been going on for more than a year now.It happened that ritualist approached this man one day and offered to pay him a huge amount of money to sell the children to them.So on one faithful morning the bike man called the woman that she will not be able to bring back the children on that day because he has some important place to go to, only to go back to the school to take them to the ritualist.When the children could not be found all through that day and investigation deepened the man had to confess when he saw that all accusing finger were pointing at him.He took the parents to the place where he took the children to and on getting there the three children have already been beheaded and the ritualist gone cry.
  The moral to this topic is very simple.When adults think they have come of age to give birth to children they should know it comes with a huge responsibility as every parent is required to provide security to his ward, pending when he turns 18 and capable of making his or her own judgment.So it makes no sense to me why some parents will tell me for some flimsy excuse or some job(No matter how many millions it pays per hour) will allow some stranger to do his or her duty for them. Many will site proximity to school and trying to cut down on cost of transportation(for the average parent) as been the reason behind this. But let me make it clear that if you can't afford to put your child in a distant school then consider putting him in a school closer to home. I also know that people will insinuate that just because this happened to 1 unfortunate family one should now stop sending their children to school through a stranger after all many of us grew up that way.But i say this once there is nothing in this whole world that is worth putting your  child in harms way and a not too intelligent child is better off than a murdered one.
  Parents i beg you in the name of God please desist from sending even your driver whom you know can be tempted to drop off your ward in school or even pick them up rather patronize a school that has a school bus or even take them to school yourself as even the school bus is dangerous.You owe your child a huge responsibility as they are a blessing from the Almighty God. Thanks for taking your time to read this and may the souls of the three children rest in perfect peace and may the perpetrators of this evil act know no peace in this life and in any other life. (Note i am in no way trying to spoil anybody's business with this post i am just passing a very decent message to the general public especially the lagossians)[/b]
Re: Leaving Your Child At The Mercy Of A Potential Ritualist by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 23, 2010
I read it from beginning to end sad so sad cry No one can be trusted in this age and time, we
need to be extremely careful, hopefully some people will learn from this story. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Leaving Your Child At The Mercy Of A Potential Ritualist by jumie(f): 2:41pm On Mar 23, 2010
Men can be so heartless!!!

may their souls rest in peace!

(1) (Reply)

Debt Solution / Best Mother Contest ! / Professional In-House Dry Cleaning Personnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.