Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,652 members, 7,889,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:30 PM

Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? (1425 Views)

This Thread Will Shake The Foundations Of Your Beliefs(Pictures Included)) / It's OK To Question Your Beliefs / Your Beliefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by purem(m): 1:31pm On Dec 29, 2017
Fekwa:
I am of the opinion that aliens from other solar systems and dimensions exist and I also believe that they've interacted with humans throughout history, especially in ancient times. I also believe that a lot of our blurry understanding of our origin and our evolution as humans can be made clearer in light of unraveling the truth about the interference of alien life on our planet.

If man can invents something in different dimensions and tag it "religion" and claimes that there is one almighty dude above any others who has given them contradictory rules to oppose each others

Then inventing and demacating life on other planets is in the list of the easiest things we can do

If there is really aliens I wouldn't be surprised, but ask ask a simple question "can they survive in this planet of ours?"
Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by mujahid777(m): 3:41pm On Dec 29, 2017
Alien nonexistence serves to support the belief in the existence of God
Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by Martinez19(m): 7:36pm On Dec 29, 2017
It wouldn't affect my stance as an atheist in anyway. I will consider aliens as another life form in our universe.
Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by danvon(m): 7:41pm On Dec 29, 2017
It wouldn't affect my stance anyway as a. theist
I believe Aliens are Angels
Intelligent life form not from Earth
Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2017
johnydon22:

I am inclined to agree with this to an extent only that i do not agree with the "I'm sure" part.
So you believe that some God/gods are like their respective believers say then?
Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by johnydon22(m): 12:34am On Dec 30, 2017
Hati13:

So you believe that some God/gods are like their respective believers say then?

Not exactly as they say.. Approximations become looser with time
Re: Atheists & Theists: If Aliens Actually Exist, How Would It Affect Your Beliefs? by ifenes(m): 12:59am On Dec 30, 2017
Planet Earth alone has millions of species that don’t look alike, how much more the vast Universe. It is survival for the fittest. So far humans have sort of dominated the other species on the planet, forced a lot into extinction and the rest in zoos and game reserves. We even cross breed some and use others as food. How much more a lot more advanced life forms than us.

A much close look at the humans also shows there is hierarchy. The Caucasian dominate other races with atomic weapons, togetherness etc. How much more a other advance life forms that are not even humanoids.

In a way this planet might be a zoo/ jungle to other life forms we call Aliens. The may be too advance to interact with primitive humans who carry guns.

As for the God of the bible. His character is a mixture of extraterrestrials, fantasies and misinterpretions of ancient scrolls. The existence of other life forms in the universe will put a big question mark on religion

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Power Must Change Hands - January 2019 / I Am Considering Quitting My Illuminati Membership To Join a Higher Order. / Book Of James (faith Without Works Is Dead)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.