Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,047 members, 7,963,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 11:15 AM

Omg Obasanjo's Ignorant And Infamous Statement Captured On Wikipedia- - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omg Obasanjo's Ignorant And Infamous Statement Captured On Wikipedia- (559 Views)

Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness / Oba Rilwan Akiolu 's Profile Updated On Wikipedia / Tinubu Is Ignorant And Mischievous - Doyin Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omg Obasanjo's Ignorant And Infamous Statement Captured On Wikipedia- by hollandis(f): 9:43am On Mar 23, 2010
Kosovo look at the link before you kill the messenger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olusegun_Obasanjo

They call me a tribalist,but this what international folks know about ''yoruba's darling'' -Olusegun Obasanjo.The yoruba folks will forever support Obasanjo's tenure ,dunno why? undecided

Read the history of Obasanjo and how the world sees him.He was nominated special envoy to DRC by Ban ki moon because Nigerians(esp Yorubas<they always support their own>winkcontinue giving him standing ovation.

Excerpt of the link on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olusegun_Obasanjo
In late April 2009, he drew public censure for comments made in Dutse, Jigawa State, to the effect that he had not been elected President for the purposes of expanding Nigeria's ailing infrastructure; his goal, rather, was to rescue her from the deep socio-political crisis into which she had plunged (which goal, he said, had been realised): "In 1999, Nigeria was not looking for a president that will build roads, fix power[18] or provide water; Nigeria was looking for a president that will hold Nigerians together."[19] He also recalled that, on his ascension to power, someone told him that "I would be the last president of Nigeria. I asked him what did he mean by that, and he said there would not be Nigeria for which anybody will be a president again after me. That was how bad things were. We thank God that today those that are predicting human failure are proved to be wrong." His self-congratulations were backed up by Sule Lamido, among others.
Re: Omg Obasanjo's Ignorant And Infamous Statement Captured On Wikipedia- by desgiezd(m): 10:25am On Mar 23, 2010
hollandis:

They call me a tribalist,but this what international folks know about ''yoruba's darling'' -Olusegun Obasanjo.The yoruba folks will forever support Obasanjo's tenure ,dunno why? undecided

Read the history of Obasanjo and how the world sees him.He was nominated special envoy to DRC by Ban ki moon because Nigerians(esp Yorubas<they always support their own>winkcontinue giving him standing ovation.

To the best of my knowledge I have not seen Yorubas supporting OBJ as you are claiming. You may need to support your claims with lucid points. Yorubas have been the strongest critics of OBJ ever, they didnt vote for him in 1999 and also in 2003, though the 2003 elections were rigged ostensibly to give him some sort of home base support.

Your last two threads show that you have some axe to grind with OBJ and I would advice you to look for him and sort yourself out with him and stop diverting attention from Yar Adua and Jonathan, theĀ  more critical issues of the moment.
Re: Omg Obasanjo's Ignorant And Infamous Statement Captured On Wikipedia- by dominique(f): 10:34am On Mar 23, 2010
poster you claim you're not a tribalism but your thread has tribalism written all over it.
Obasanjo is not and will never be Yoruba people's "darling" gosh where did you get that from? shocked.
i happen to know someone that's from his hometown and despises him with a passion.
whatever issues you have with Obasanjo is your own cup of tea, don't drag the entire yoruba populace into it.
Re: Omg Obasanjo's Ignorant And Infamous Statement Captured On Wikipedia- by Beaf: 10:41am On Mar 23, 2010
There isn't anything wrong with what he said. At the time he came in, the country was really in danger of falling apart; that is why he was fished out of jail. It was a frantic attempt to salve nerves that were frayed over June 12 and other similar pressing matters. It worked. . . Just that now we have brand new principalities and powers in the cabal. lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Yaradua Versus Jonathan In 2011 Election / Fec Dissolved, Would There Be A Fec Meeting Today? / Organize Or Agonize: Importance Of Time Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.