Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,834 members, 7,872,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:26 PM

Dickson Speaks On His Alleged Rift With Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dickson Speaks On His Alleged Rift With Jonathan (419 Views)

Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government / Precious Chikwendu Shares Photo With Jonathan / Ali Modu Sheriff Greets Wike At PDP Meeting With Jonathan (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dickson Speaks On His Alleged Rift With Jonathan by Ebisco013: 10:07pm On Nov 15, 2017
Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa State has debunked the alleged cold war between him and former President Goodluck Jonathan.

A statement by the Governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Francis Agbo, quoted him as making this comment ‎on Wednesday when Dickson paid a condolence visit on Jonathan in his Otuoke home on the passing of the Paramount Ruler of Otuoke Community, Justin Ogiasa.

The governor, who led a high-powered state delegation to the condolence visit said, he was part of the Ogiasa family and by extension, the Otuoke Community of Ogbia Local Government.

“We are here in full force as we have always done to commiserate with you, my elder brother, leader and the Ogiasa family in this hour of bereavement. We pray God to grant the Late Ogiasa eternal repose,” Dickson said.

He, therefore, called on those, who want to cause imaginary differences between him and Mr. Jonathan to sink their plans.

He said “both of us have come a long way. My personal political story cannot be complete without talking about my elder brother, Jonathan. He also knows that I made little contribution that is recorded in the political chapter of his life.”

In is reaction, Mr. Jonathan thanked Dickson for the visit and denied the existence of any rift between them.

“There is no way I can sit anywhere and plan evil against Bayelsa or the Governor. When I was dreaming of becoming a governor, Dickson was amongst the very few in the meetings we were holding, although he was not in the PDP he opted to help.

“He said he didn’t want to be in the PDP, but I virtually forced him to join PDP. When I became governor, I appointed Dickson Commissioner for Justice and Attorney General and that was how he became a PDP and later became a member of House of Representatives and so on. There is no way I will break my relationship with the governor,”‎ he said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2017/11/breaking-dickson-speaks-on-his-alleged.html

(1) (Reply)

Distinguished Senator Ben Murray Bruce Has Something For Us From His Constituenc / Anambra Election: How Obiano Defeated PDP, APC – Adeyeye / Senate Reveals Why 2018 Budget May Not Be Passed Before January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.