Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,698 members, 7,882,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 11:25 PM

Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible (1646 Views)

Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions / The Book Of Incest (3 out of 10 cases of Incest in the Bible) / Moral Problems: Is Incest Wrong? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:40pm On Nov 16, 2017
Atheist questions "incest" in the bible

An answer to one of the most used atheist excuses for not wanting to believe in God, and trying to destroy the faith of believers. ~ Issac

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EvolutionIsALie/

1 Share

Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 16, 2017
I don't think it's a big deal to atheists since many don't think it's wrong. I just 'think' o. Please m ever ready to recieve corrections; reasonable ones.
Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 16, 2017
grin Very intelligent response. Food for thought for the atheist. That atheist right now...

Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by rekinomtla(m): 5:44pm On Nov 16, 2017
Atheists have very contradicting moral beliefs, first they say morality is subjective then later they'll say rape or some other sinful act is objectively wrong. Honestly It's quite funny to watch atheists contradict themselves like that when they speak about morality. grin

I'm currently planning to read The Making of an Atheist: How Immorality Leads to Unbelief by Dr James S. Spiegel and Faith of the Fatherless: The Psychology of Atheism by Dr Paul Vitz to gain a better understanding of the psychology behind the mind of atheists.
Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:44pm On Nov 17, 2017
Beckino:

I don't think it's a big deal to atheists since many don't think it's wrong. I just 'think' o. Please m ever ready to recieve corrections; reasonable ones.

That is one of the inconsistencies of atheists, they think incest is wrong but they have no moral ground for objecting to it.
Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 17, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

That is one of the inconsistencies of atheists, they think incest is wrong but they have no moral ground for objecting to it.
Please m not an atheist o.
Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 17, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Please m not an atheist o. Sorry if I now sound like a busybody shaa.
Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:22pm On Nov 24, 2017
Beckino:

Please m not an atheist o.

God forbid!
Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by oluebubeneo(f): 8:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
The Christian should've just answered the question instead of throwing it back.

As for why incest is wrong, asides morals, having sexual relationships with close relatives has adverse effects on the genetic strength (I might be wrong) of the offsprings.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by sanpipita(m): 2:05am On Nov 25, 2017
oluebubeneo:
The Christian should've just answered the question instead of throwing it back.

As for why incest is wrong, asides morals, having sexual relationships with close relatives has adverse effects on the genetic strength (I might be wrong) of the offsprings.

Morals can always differ, people can see things morally different, only issue with incest is offspring bearing, but its said first generation incest hardly get birth defects and that could explain why atheists think adam's family procreated through incest.
Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:16pm On Nov 29, 2017
Smartini:

grin Very intelligent response. Food for thought for the atheist. That atheist right now...

They are nowhere to be found. cool
Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:15am On Jun 04, 2018
rekinomtla:

Atheists have very contradicting moral beliefs, first they say morality is subjective then later they'll say rape or some other sinful act is objectively wrong. Honestly It's quite funny to watch atheists contradict themselves like that when they speak about morality. grin

I'm currently planning to read The Making of an Atheist: How Immorality Leads to Unbelief by Dr James S. Spiegel and Faith of the Fatherless: The Psychology of Atheism by Dr Paul Vitz to gain a better understanding of the psychology behind the mind of atheists.

It will be interesting to know what the book says on the Making of an Atheist, I will like to know. smiley
Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by rekinomtla(m): 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

It will be interesting to know what the book says on the Making of an Atheist, I will like to know. smiley

grin haven't had the time to read it yet. Hopefully I'll get to it soon.

Title already sounds good, atheism and immorality go hand in hand. And that's not even considering the effect it has on one's mental health.
Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:52pm On Aug 27, 2019
rekinomtla:

grin haven't had the time to read it yet. Hopefully I'll get to it soon.

Title already sounds good, atheism and immorality go hand in hand. And that's not even considering the effect it has on one's mental health.

Have you read the book yet?
Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by rekinomtla(m): 4:24pm On Aug 27, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Have you read the book yet?

I read a few chapters but have since lost interest in the topic. Nowadays I just read books that focus on history, philosophy or the bible.
Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:59pm On Sep 02, 2019
rekinomtla:

I read a few chapters but have since lost interest in the topic. Nowadays I just read books that focus on history, philosophy or the bible.

All that makes up the atheist is their love for their sinful, immoral lifestyle.
Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by LordReed(m): 6:59pm On Sep 02, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

All that makes up the atheist is their love for their sinful, immoral lifestyle.

If I want to be immoral I'll be a Christian. I just have to ask Jesus for forgiveness when I am done and when I repeat it I'll blame the devil.
Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by LordReed(m): 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2019
The real question is if the god knew incest was wrong why did it make it unavoidable in the story?
Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:52pm On Sep 02, 2019
LordReed:

The real question is if the god knew incest was wrong why did it make it unavoidable in the story?

Do you believe incest happened in the Bible?
Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by LordReed(m): 8:06pm On Sep 02, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Do you believe incest happened in the Bible?

In the bible yes. Whether it was what happened in reality is a different matter.
Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:09pm On Sep 02, 2019
LordReed:

In the bible yes. Whether it was what happened in reality is a different matter.

If you are not sure that it happened in reality why bother? undecided
Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by LordReed(m): 8:13pm On Sep 02, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

If you are not sure that it happened in reality why bother? undecided

Because you keep telling the story?
Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:43pm On Sep 02, 2019
LordReed:

Because you keep telling the story?

"For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:20).

Atheists actually believe in the existence of God but they have to continue to convince themselves that He does exist as if that will excuse them of the reality. If that is not schizophrenic what is it?
Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by TVSA: 8:56pm On Sep 02, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

"For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:20).

Atheists actually believe in the existence of God but they have to continue to convince themselves that He does exist as if that will excuse them of the reality. If that is not schizophrenic what is it?

That place is not talking about atheist. He was talking about pagans that worship other "gods"
Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by LordReed(m): 9:01pm On Sep 02, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

It's not my fault if you choose to be deluded.
Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:26pm On Sep 02, 2019
LordReed:

It's not my fault if you choose to be deluded.

You need to watch the atheist delusion movie here. --> www.atheistmovie.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChWiZ3iXWwM
Re: Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:48am On Sep 03, 2019
TVSA:

That place is not talking about atheist. He was talking about pagans that worship other "gods"

Our resident 'atheists' are pagans who worship other gods. cool

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleiman A Satanic Molester / Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies About Dangote, Otedola, Oshiomo / Fallen Angels Beneath The Atlantic And Indian Ocean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.