Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,901 members, 7,966,348 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 01:04 PM

Google: Why We Honoured Chinua Achebe - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Google: Why We Honoured Chinua Achebe (23381 Views)

Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him / Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda / 14 Quotes From 'Things Fall Apart' By Chinua Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google: Why We Honoured Chinua Achebe by aadvark: 11:55am On Nov 25, 2017
Icon79:
Word!

O pari

Oh my! I think you're stretching it to chauvinism now. Chimamanda is the best novelist still alive in present Nigeria. If you don't let her feminist movement cloud your judgement, you'd see how good she is. Her style of storytelling is presently unique
Re: Google: Why We Honoured Chinua Achebe by Icon79(m): 7:57pm On Nov 25, 2017
The problem with Chimamanda is that she's trying to copy Achebe too much. Unfortunately, Achebe is a master storyteller who can't be copied. You don't copy a genius. Anyway, lucky for her, she's the "chosen one", so they would keep promoting her above her level.

O pari

aadvark:
Oh my! I think you're stretching it to chauvinism now. Chimamanda is the best novelist still alive in present Nigeria. If you don't let her feminist movement cloud your judgement, you'd see how good she is. Her style of storytelling is presently unique
Re: Google: Why We Honoured Chinua Achebe by aadvark: 12:35am On Nov 28, 2017
Icon79:
The problem with Chimamanda is that she's trying to copy Achebe too much. Unfortunately, Achebe is a master storyteller who can't be copied. You don't copy a genius. Anyway, lucky for her, she's the "chosen one", so they would keep promoting her above her level.

O pari

I get that u love Achebe, and so do I, but it seems u are trying to water down Adichie's efforts. she's still the best contemporary storyteller we have.
Re: Google: Why We Honoured Chinua Achebe by Icon79(m): 12:40am On Nov 28, 2017
I honestly don't like her novels. And I have read practically all of them. I sincerely believe that it's the illuminati who are promoting her. And they would dump her like hot potatoes once they finish using her.

Don't get me wrong, she's an above average writer but not anything close to what they are trying to make her become!

O pari

aadvark:
I get that u love Achebe, and so do I, but it seems u are trying to water down Adichie's efforts. she's still the best contemporary storyteller we have.
Re: Google: Why We Honoured Chinua Achebe by aadvark: 12:45am On Nov 28, 2017
Icon79:
I honestly don't like her novels. And I have read practically all of them. I sincerely believe that it's the illuminati who are promoting her. And they would dump her like hot potatoes once they finish using her.

Don't get me wrong, she's an above average writer but not anything close to what they are trying to make her become!

O pari

If u are going to observe her work through the "Achebe lens", trust me, u'd never enjoy them. and they aren't trying to make her become anything; she's still the best we currently have. At least till someone does better

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Note From A Very Weary Editor To Male Writers About BOOBS / Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Daughter's 2nd Birthday (Photos) / Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.