Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,876 members, 7,889,918 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:57 AM

Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics (15849 Views)

Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages / England Women Team Win Euro 2022 / Meet Kaylin Swart, South African Women Team Goalkeeper That Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by Atk1nson(m): 10:54pm On Nov 16, 2017
emeijeh:
Since when did Nigeria start participating in winter Olympics?

Dalung will come and claim glory again

Since the number of Nigerians living in Canada exceeded those living in Abuja
Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by karimcarim(m): 10:55pm On Nov 16, 2017
A plot of Land for sale (60 by 120)
Location : Along The Federal University,Oye Ekiti. Ekiti State
Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 16, 2017
Fantastic! Unlike the miserable folks that keep complaining , these ladies are like a breath of fresh air

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by nengibo: 11:06pm On Nov 16, 2017
Niyinficient:
Nigerians be like 'Ewo tun ni bobsled bayi o??
' angry angry grin grin grin

Congrats beautiful ladies
Which Nigerians , translate that thing jor
Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by goldman777: 11:22pm On Nov 16, 2017
TheLogicalMind:
Reminds me of that old movie Cool Running about the Jamaican Bobsleigh team at the Winter Olympics.

Notice how any major global achievement by Nigeria (whether positive or negative) always has a Southern name attached to it 99% of the time?

Must you politicize everything lets just be happy for this girls for making nigeria proud please leave nepotism or regionalism out of this they are representing nigeria in the winter Olympics and proudly wear nigeria,s colors and name on their clothes please pick another topic for your hate comments or create a tread of your own right now this girls are just proud to be representing nigeria where no african country has gone before.mind you jamaica has been there before but is not an african country.lets just breath a refreshing air of peace for once and suspend the hate divisive comments for another day pls.biko

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by Niyinficient(m): 11:33pm On Nov 16, 2017
nengibo:

Which Nigerians , translate that thing jor

lol! Like ''what is bobsled again?''

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by fippycbk(m): 11:40pm On Nov 16, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Wow!

This is fantastic not because Nigeria qualified for this particular sport at the Olympics in 2018, but because it reminds me of the 1993 movie "Running Cool"

The Jamaican bobsled team!

Very inspiring.

BTW, Nigeria is bound to fail in woefully in this very sport at the onlympics. So I won't waste my excitement on them.

That movie came to my mind the moment I saw the post. True life events. Nice movie.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by kjhova(m): 11:42pm On Nov 16, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Wow!

This is fantastic not because Nigeria qualified for this particular sport at the Olympics in 2018, but because it reminds me of the 1993 movie "Running Cool"

Very inspiring.

BTW, Nigeria is bound to fail in woefully in this very sport at the onlympics. So I won't waste my excitement on them.

Sanka Coffie: "Feel the Rhythm! Feel the Rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time! Cool Runnings!"

Derice Bannock: Sanka you dead man.
Sanka Coffie: Yeah man.

!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by TheLogicalMind(m): 1:32am On Nov 17, 2017
goldman777:

Must you politicize everything lets just be happy for this girls for making nigeria proud please leave nepotism or regionalism out of this they are representing nigeria in the winter Olympics and proudly wear nigeria,s colors and name on their clothes please pick another topic for your hate comments or create a tread of your own right now this girls are just proud to be representing nigeria where no african country has gone before.mind you jamaica has been there before but is not an african country.lets just breath a refreshing air of peace for once and suspend the hate divisive comments for another day pls.biko

So the truth hurts you and you are hungry for lies, eh? Very well then. I suggest you frequent the Islam for Muslims section of NL. You'll find enough lies in that section to fulfil your abnormal appetite.

And please stay off my mentions, or at least upgrade your written English before responding to my posts next time. I nearly suffered a stroke from trying to decipher the gibberish you wrote.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by 360command: 3:14am On Nov 17, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Wow!

Very inspiring.

you are too much.. When I first read bobsled, my mind went to the Jamaican team.. All thanks to the movie running cool.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by toprealman: 3:31am On Nov 17, 2017
Samusu:
Wetin be bobsled please
Someone slaying with her Bob! Confirm with google.
Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by goldman777: 4:57am On Nov 17, 2017
TheLogicalMind:

So the truth hurts you and you are hungry for lies, eh? Very well then. I suggest you frequent the Islam for Muslims section of NL. You'll find enough lies in that section to fulfil your abnormal appetite.

And please stay off my mentions, or at least upgrade your written English before responding to my posts next time. I nearly suffered a stroke from trying to decipher the gibberish you wrote.

Im not surprised you almost got a stroke cos thats what you get when your life is full of hate you don't see anything good in anybody even your own country you better don't die early and take a chill pill non of your angry replies can give me stroke you just make me laff at your ignorance. You live your life faraway from reality in self deciet thats y when a person doesnt not agree with your self acclaimed truth you try to put that person down with the inferiority complex you are battling within yourself thank goodness for cyberspace if not people like won't even be able to move close to me by a hundred meters cos you will be beaten blue black by my body guards.wasted mind.inferior minds like you only spew trash.the truth is that you're not in my league.stop fooling around.moronic anti Islamic crusader cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by domiron: 6:30am On Nov 17, 2017
seunmsg:
Nigeria will be represented at the Winter Olympics for the first time ever, after their women's team qualified for the bobsled event at the 2018 Winter Games in PyeongChang.

Driver Seun Adigun and brakemen Ngozi Onwumere and Akuoma Omeoga completed the fifth of their required five qualifying races on Wednesday, becoming the first African team, men or women, to qualify in the Bobsled category.

In women's bobsled, teams are required to complete five races to qualify. The Nigeria team, led by driver Adigun - a former African 100m hurdles champion and 2012 summer Olympian - completed races in Utah, one in Whistler, and their final two races in Calgary on Tuesday and Wednesday.

"This is a huge milestone for sports in Nigeria," driver Adigun told KweséESPN. "Nothing makes me prouder than to know that I can play a small role in creating opportunities for winter sports to take place in Nigeria.

"Our objective now is to be the best representation of Africa that the Winter Olympics have ever witnessed."

Solomon Ogba, President of the Bobsled and Skeleton Federation of Nigeria, was understandably thrilled at the achievement, saying via a media statement: "I commend the personal dedication and commitment of these women.

"Their hard work was inspiring and I hope Nigerians can appreciate what it took for them to achieve this - the work, the discipline, and the personal sacrifices. They were amazing throughout this journey.

"They are all very successful people in their own right - in sports and out of it, and somehow they are still motivated and still push for more success.

"I have watched them train and work hard to represent Nigeria at the Winter Olympics in a very technical and high risk sport and they have achieved that. They should be very proud, and I am very proud of them."

Nigeria could yet secure another spot at the Games, with driver Simidele Adeagbo just two races away from qualifying for the Skeleton competition.

http://www.espn.co.uk/espn/story/_/id/21430137/nigeria-bobsled-women-qualify-winter-olympics

Yea!, cool running Naija mode
Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by Jakumo(m): 6:48am On Nov 17, 2017
From a purely theoretical standpoint, Nigeria could field athletes in Olympic downhill snow skiing events IF the right ski-simulator equipment is procured for the training of snow skiers, despite the fact that it NEVER snows in Nigeria.

https://www.ski-simulator.com/easy-ski-simulator-en

https://www.ski-simulator.com/

https://proleski.com/

There are individuals and corporations operating in Nigeria, who are wealthy enough to set up snow ski simulators like those in the above videos, in multiple locations, and thus tap into a potentially ENORMOUS market, catering to the country's well-traveled elite, who would leap at a chance to polish up their snow-skiing expertise while visiting Nigeria on holiday, before heading off to dazzle on the snow-covered Alpine slopes of Europe or North America.

Just as it is possible for a person who has never set foot in an aircraft, to master with an indoor desk-top flight simulator, 95% of the skills needed to takeoff, navigate, cruise, descend, approach and land a modern passenger jet, it is also now very possible for a person who has never seen snow in their life, to become an EXPERT skier simply by training on an indoor simulator such as the ones shown in the above links.

I learnt how to ski on an indoor ski simulator in sunny Southern California during the heat of Summer, and thus developed my skill to an intermediate level without a single visit to the mountains, enabling me to hold my own sailing down all but the steepest of trails, by the time winter rolled around and mother nature's cold moths of snow on the mountains, commenced.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by LaserFocus: 6:57am On Nov 17, 2017
I remember that film too. I enjoyed it so much.

But why are you so negative about our winning this. Obviously, Nigeria doesn't have snow or any ice rink anywhere. Even the football, athletics and other sports that we have, is a struggle for the government to support. When I see this team, I see a group of young ladies who trained themselves and sponsored themselves to represent Nigeria and I am extremely proud of them for that. The least we can do is support them.

UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Wow!

Very inspiring.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by BanevsJoker(m): 7:37am On Nov 17, 2017
Samusu:
Wetin be bobsled please
Didn't you see the 90's movie Cool Runnings?
Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by YourWife(f): 7:49am On Nov 17, 2017
The real slay queens

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by crazysam001: 8:01am On Nov 17, 2017
Jadmchris:
Football I know, bobsled I don't know

Pls what's that, abi na car race
This one m hearing driver

Indomie boy, go and look for "cool runnings" to download.
Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by RX480(m): 10:10am On Nov 17, 2017
We no even get snow for here grin
Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by chuckdee4(m): 10:17am On Nov 17, 2017
seunmsg:
Nigeria will be represented at the Winter Olympics for the first time ever, after their women's team qualified for the bobsled event at the 2018 Winter Games in PyeongChang.

Driver Seun Adigun and brakemen Ngozi Onwumere and Akuoma Omeoga completed the fifth of their required five qualifying races on Wednesday, becoming the first African team, men or women, to qualify in the Bobsled category.

In women's bobsled, teams are required to complete five races to qualify. The Nigeria team, led by driver Adigun - a former African 100m hurdles champion and 2012 summer Olympian - completed races in Utah, one in Whistler, and their final two races in Calgary on Tuesday and Wednesday.

"This is a huge milestone for sports in Nigeria," driver Adigun told KweséESPN. "Nothing makes me prouder than to know that I can play a small role in creating opportunities for winter sports to take place in Nigeria.

"Our objective now is to be the best representation of Africa that the Winter Olympics have ever witnessed."

Solomon Ogba, President of the Bobsled and Skeleton Federation of Nigeria, was understandably thrilled at the achievement, saying via a media statement: "I commend the personal dedication and commitment of these women.

"Their hard work was inspiring and I hope Nigerians can appreciate what it took for them to achieve this - the work, the discipline, and the personal sacrifices. They were amazing throughout this journey.

"They are all very successful people in their own right - in sports and out of it, and somehow they are still motivated and still push for more success.

"I have watched them train and work hard to represent Nigeria at the Winter Olympics in a very technical and high risk sport and they have achieved that. They should be very proud, and I am very proud of them."

Nigeria could yet secure another spot at the Games, with driver Simidele Adeagbo just two races away from qualifying for the Skeleton competition.

http://www.espn.co.uk/espn/story/_/id/21430137/nigeria-bobsled-women-qualify-winter-olympics

While some NL tribalistic bigots are labelling and throwing insults as a day job, sane minded people are teaming up with people from different tribes to start businesses, better themselves and make legit money.

To all NL tribalists, stay hating and continue to let your hate stagnate your life

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by gozzlin: 10:31am On Nov 17, 2017
kiss
I love the thighs of that one by the right. kiss
Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by dabossman(m): 11:59am On Nov 17, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Wow!

Very inspiring.

Yeah man! Nigeria, we have a bobsled team!

At the bolded: Sometimes, it is not all about winning. They have made history by being the first African bobsled team (male or female) to qualify for the Winter Olympics. Even the Jamaican team in Cool Runnings didn't win, but people appreciated their effort. How well the girls will do is something we all have to wait for. We wish them all the best.
Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by TheLogicalMind(m): 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2017
goldman777:

Im not surprised you almost got a stroke cos thats what you get when your life is full of hate you don't see anything good in anybody even your own country you better don't die early and take a chill pill non of your angry replies can give me stroke you just make me laff at your ignorance. You live your life faraway from reality in self deciet thats y when a person doesnt not agree with your self acclaimed truth you try to put that person down with the inferiority complex you are battling within yourself thank goodness for cyberspace if not people like won't even be able to move close to me by a hundred meters cos you will be beaten blue black by my body guards.wasted mind.inferior minds like you only spew trash.the truth is that you're not in my league.stop fooling around.moronic anti Islamic crusader cheesy

I'm guessing that the 77 in your moniker indicates your date of birth (1977). If so, please accept my condolences. If at the age of 40 you're still too stupid to understand how the world works then your problems are bigger than mine.

You even tried to mask your ignorance through cheap insults because you are too dim to know that the more you insult me, the more you diminish yourself.

Please try and fill the gaping hole between your ears with something more beneficial than gossip and sentiment.

Stop begging me to like you and your kind and stop throwing childish tantrums when I treat you as you deserve to be treated.

Perhaps it is really true that a fool at forty is a fool forever. Your life is a living testament to that adage.

Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by goldman777: 1:39pm On Nov 17, 2017
TheLogicalMind:

I'm guessing that the 77 in your moniker indicates your date of birth (1977). If so, please accept my condolences. If at the age of 40 you're still too stupid to understand how the world works then your problems are bigger than mine.

You even tried to mask your ignorance through cheap insults because you are too dim to know that the more you insult me, the more you diminish yourself.

Please try and fill the gaping hole between your ears with something more beneficial than gossip and sentiment.

Stop begging me to like you and your kind and stop throwing childish tantrums when I treat you as you deserve to be treated.

Perhaps it is really true that a fool at forty is a fool forever. Your life is a living testament to that adage.

GUY your a complete ignoramus you live your life like a guessing game.i don't need make a guess to know ur a heavy slowpoke. cheesy your level of stupidity is astonishing cheesy
Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by TheLogicalMind(m): 1:45pm On Nov 17, 2017
goldman777:

GUY your a complete ignoramus you live your life like a guessing game.i don't need make a guess to know ur a heavy slowpoke. cheesy your level of stupidity is astonishing cheesy

You've already spent the first 40 years of your life as a fool. Don't waste the rest of it arguing with your intellectual superior.
Re: Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics by goldman777: 2:18pm On Nov 17, 2017
TheLogicalMind:

You've already spent the first 40 years of your life as a fool. Don't waste the rest of it arguing with your intellectual superior.

Ur guessing you are intellectually superior cheesy .your battling with your inferior complex self again.you have a very low self esteem what a loser grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Israel Idonije Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today / Local Boxing Tournament In The North (dambe Sport) (video/pictures) / Chiamaka Nnadozie Donates Jerseys To Heartland Queens (Picture).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.