Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,688 members, 7,921,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 06:23 AM

National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan (5937 Views)

Call Your Wife To Order, Group Warns Jonathan / The Lions Den Of Arewa / Don't Contest 2015 Election- Prophet Warns Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 24, 2010
Tippy Top:

It doesn't have to be in the Statute books, it's a gentleman's agreement and it was fine until now.
Jonathan is a member of the PDP and if its PDP's way of ensuring other geo-political regions gets a crack at the presidency then he should honour it.

Does that not make it a potential scam?

Because Geo-Political zones after benefiting from it can simply opt out by dumping the PDP. Do you honestly believe that an agreement that more than anything may decide the future of 150million people should have no legal backing? Unexistent on paper.

That I think is a recipe for dissaster

By the way who and who reached that gentleman agreement and what were the provisions?

And your claim of superior voting power for the North does not add up because as we have come to find out the minorities in the North and North Eastern states want to be heard too. They too can reach deals with geopolitical South to save their own interests. So politics is not predictable as you think.

Jonathan should send a bill on Rotational Presidency to NASS. If the NASS reject it, then PDP have no choice than to kiss the ridiculous policy goodbye.
Re: National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 24, 2010
These are the views of Barnabas Gemade a man who possibly was there when this so called deal was reached.

With the categorical statement by the national chairman of the PDP that the north will produce the presidential candidate of the party in 2011, people have argued that the North central Zone should produce the presidential candidate of the party in 2011. What is your take on this?

As I told you earlier we never produced a time-table on which zone will produce the president. This meant that at every election, the elders would meet and decide. People say the presidency was zoned to the south and Obasanjo served for eight years so the north should also serve eight years. But the issue here now is Umaru Yar’Adua ready to do eight years? If he is not then the onus is on the party to sit down and consider the next line of action. It is therefore not for any body to stand and pronounce that this is what will happen because no individual is a party and no group inside the party can arrogate to itself the full responsibility of deciding on party issues.

Was the pronouncement by the Party Chairman on where the next presidential candidate of the party would come from not done in consultation with the Board of Trustees of the party?
The matter has never been discussed at any BOT meeting an in as much as there was no discussion with any organ of the party, it still remains the opinion of the group that announced it.

So with this revelation from Barnabas Gemade I believe that depending on this kind of policy that is simply grounded in nothing is a recipe for dissaster. If we think Rotational Presidency is such a wonderful thing then lets have it in the electoral act. Otherwise lets scrap it.

We can't continue this so called Gentleman agreement based on nothing. If those at that meeting all die who will bear witness for this so-called gentleman agreement? We should either strengthen rotational presidency or scrap it to allow Jonathan to contest 2011 Presidency.
Re: National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan by Marlbron: 10:43pm On Mar 24, 2010
As GJ consolidates his hold on power all sorts of characters will make their voice heard. We have heard from the so called Goverors forum and now this Arewa Youth bla, bla bla, It looks like we have a short memory in this country otherwise I fail to see why the North will even want the Presidency: Last ime I checked All former military heads of government were from the North except OBJ. What is with this obsession with power at the top? It looks like we need a panel of inquiry to unravel that. What good has Northern domination of Power done for Nigeria? GJ did not come to power in his own account, Circumstances and Providence made him Ag P. The same divine providence will see him through.

The only person that can stop GJ from retaining power is GJ. He has all the tools at his disposal. However, he needs to work at lightening speed to convince Nigerians that he deserves more time.
Re: National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 24, 2010
Marlbron:

As GJ consolidates his hold on power all sorts of characters will make their voice heard. We have heard from the so called Goverors forum and now this Arewa Youth bla, bla bla, It looks like we have a short memory in this country otherwise I fail to see why the North will even want the Presidency: Last ime I checked All former military heads of government were from the North except OBJ. What is with this obsession with power at the top? It looks like we need a panel of inquiry to unravel that. What good has Northern domination of Power done for Nigeria? GJ did not come to power in his own account, Circumstances and Providence made him Ag P. The same divine providence will see him through.

The only person that can stop GJ from retaining power is GJ. He has all the tools at his disposal. However, he needs to work at lightening speed to convince Nigerians that he deserves more time.
[b][/b]it will take more than service to the people for jonathan to get nominated pdp.he cant rush to election,he needs to be the right candidate for his party before anything positive can happen.
Re: National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan by folly24: 3:06am On Mar 25, 2010
----cry my beloved country, when are you going loose yr self from captivity
Re: National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan by Brisingr(m): 4:04am On Mar 25, 2010
Wat i don't undastand is if 9yja presidency is rotational why do other people contest ?
Re: National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan by akwaowoudo(m): 4:39am On Mar 25, 2010
They are bragging rubbish. Is it their crude oil? Jonathan must contest and rule. Well it has not come to that. Jonathan is no fool. Okay!
Re: National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan by Nalds(m): 5:38am On Mar 25, 2010
If anything happens to Jonathan, you people will go
Re: National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan by FrenchyL(m): 9:00am On Mar 25, 2010
Who do they think they are, these troublesome folks from the north? angry they should wake up from their slumber because Power has changed hands and it is going to be like this for a very long time!!!!! This is just the beginning. I advice President Jonathan to run for at least another term, then he passes the baton to someone from the eastern part of the country then to the middle belt( by this time we would have spent at least 60 years) grin

Let them have a taste of their own power drunkenness.
Re: National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan by marvix(m): 10:15am On Mar 25, 2010
mikeansy:

These are the views of Barnabas Gemade a man who possibly was there when this so called deal was reached.

So with this revelation from Barnabas Gemade I believe that depending on this kind of policy that is simply grounded in nothing is a recipe for dissaster. If we think Rotational Presidency is such a wonderful thing then lets have it in the electoral act. Otherwise lets scrap it.

We can't continue this so called Gentleman agreement based on nothing. If those at that meeting all die who will bear witness for this so-called gentleman agreement? We should either strengthen rotational presidency or scrap it to allow Jonathan to contest 2011 Presidency.

Thank God for what Gemade has said at least there is hope for Jonathan to still pick the PDP ticket as the BOT have not discussed this and the new PDP is always looking for a sellable candidate. Ogbulafor should get ready to exit some govs may kiss their 2nd term good bye and power rotation and if Jonathan fails to perform then the power rotation can be used aginst him and we should be better for it.
Re: National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan by marvix(m): 10:27am On Mar 25, 2010
Quote from bluetooth
in a free and open election where all the 250+ tribe feed its own candidate,do you think all the minority tribes will ever taste the presidential seat.if at the end of the day,only the north keep retaining the seat,will the other tribes called that tribalism.in a multi-ethnic system like ours,the perfect is the rotational presidency as it will guarantee equal rights to power for all the regions.250+ people contesting for one seat,that makes little sense.

So bluetooth if we have 250 candidates from the 250 tribes would you vote for a candidate just because he is from your tribe. I think that is where the real problem is, tribe and religion should never be the basis for voting and that is where we are trying to get to as a nation.
Re: National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan by eros(m): 11:45am On Mar 25, 2010
Somebody should please tell this retarded bastard to shut the F up. Soon and i mean very soon, you all will be 6 feet under. We can no longer tolerate this crap from this illiterate good for nothing cattle rearers who think they have a right to Nigeria. When they should be grazing their cattle's looking for grass for them to feed. What nonsense. angry angry angry
Re: National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan by nagoma(m): 1:47pm On Mar 25, 2010
The trend in Naira land seem to be insults and showers of venomous hatred and extreme hostility towards northerners . Is this by design ? Are northerners becoming the next "semites in anti -semitic environment." I do not think they deserve all these profiling and
insults, often unprovoked.
Re: National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 25, 2010
let PDP Take a flipping hike
Let the North buzz off
presidency rotation is not constitutional, i am tired of the northern ideology,religion,sharia,killing christain e.t.c the problem of Nigeria can be traced back to the armagamation of Nigeria in 1914, that is why we are in this messssssssssss, (nnorthern and southern protectorate was brought together, those stupied ,malam suppose to be in the bush with their cows and selling tiko
one day we will see where this country is heading to,
we have not learn at all,
Nigeria is not a democratic country from all ratifications, the style of goverance has not been in the books , is one of a kind, What a hopeless state!
Re: National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan by CGKing(m): 12:35am On Mar 26, 2010
They should be disregarded. I didnt need to read much of the story to know they are just dumb. Even if Jo contests, they cant do nada.
Re: National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan by Afam(m): 9:08am On Mar 26, 2010
mikeansy:

Does that not make it a potential scam?

Because Geo-Political zones after benefiting from it can simply opt out by dumping the PDP. Do you honestly believe that an agreement that more than anything may decide the future of 150million people should have no legal backing? Unexistent on paper.

That I think is a recipe for dissaster

By the way who and who reached that gentleman agreement and what were the provisions?

And your claim of superior voting power for the North does not add up because as we have come to find out the minorities in the North and North Eastern states want to be heard too. They too can reach deals with geopolitical South to save their own interests. So politics is not predictable as you think.

Jonathan should send a bill on Rotational Presidency to NASS. If the NASS reject it, then PDP have no choice than to kiss the ridiculous policy goodbye.

While I support the rotational presidency thing I agree with the post above that for it to be respected that it should be enshrined in the constitution because anyone can discard it when it suits him/her.

Even Aburi Accord that was signed by all parties was discarded by Gowon let alone an unwritten gentleman's agreement.
Re: National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 26, 2010
Afam:

While I support the rotational presidency thing I agree with the post above that for it to be respected that it should be enshrined in the constitution because anyone can discard it when it suits him/her.

Even Aburi Accord that was signed by all parties was discarded by Gowon let alone an unwritten gentleman's agreement.
the agreement will be in the interest of one nigeria and not to favor a tribe against another which aburi was never about
Re: National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan by Afam(m): 9:37am On Mar 26, 2010
~Bluetooth:

the agreement will be in the interest of one nigeria and not to favor a tribe against another which aburi was never about

And those that signed the Aburi Accord were stupid or what? Is it not ridiculous to note that most of the issues discussed, debated and signed at Aburi are still being discussed today only this time by people that opposed the position of the then Eastern region?

In any case, the point being made here was to demonstrate that a signed document is 100% better than a blank one considering the past experiences.
Re: National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan by Echidime(m): 11:11am On Mar 26, 2010
Nigeria need a young man of 45 years as president and his female vice president of 40 to make changes in nigeria not all those old cargo's who has been there before independence. Anyone can rule nigeria if he or she is sincere.
Re: National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan by enomakos(m): 2:38pm On Mar 26, 2010
what is wrong with these people from the north,if by may next year jonathan does well who are these fools from the north that say he can not go from re-elaction?

or they want a corpse to rules us from the grave

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! / Social Media Censorship: David Mark Never Called For It / Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.