Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,048 members, 7,886,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 06:28 PM

Jesus Supported Tithing - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Supported Tithing (6780 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing / Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Supported Tithing by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:11pm On Nov 23, 2017
lol Kenneth Hagin suddenly becomes the standard for Christianity.It dosent even matter than the bible never asked any Christian to pay tithes
Re: Jesus Supported Tithing by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 23, 2017
PaChukwudi44:
lol Kenneth Hagin suddenly becomes the standard for Christianity.It dosent even matter than the bible never asked any Christian to pay tithes
and where did i mention dat he was d standard all av been stating earlier was biblical nd historical facts ? Or should i also say daddy freeze is ur standard?
Re: Jesus Supported Tithing by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:36pm On Nov 23, 2017
salvation101:
and where did i mention dat he was d standard all av been stating earlier was biblical nd historical facts ? Or should i also say daddy freeze is ur standard?

You stated biblical fact? I must have missed that
Re: Jesus Supported Tithing by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 23, 2017
salvation101:
Rev Hagin has was always against extremism in all area he always talked about balancing scriptures. I have read Midas touch where he talked about biblical principles for prosperity and i have most of his books in softcopy...his son w hagin can never be like him just like Joel Osteen no matter how hard is tries cant be like his father even john hagee son can never be like his father. There is always that difference wen someone starts a ministry from the scratch and tru trials and many tests eventually succeed in the ministry and someone who just get to the top by chance or privilege. No man of God is perfect hence Christ is our example. I still maintain Kenneth Hagin stance on tithing not as a requirement to get to heaven but as a revelation to biblical prosperity

As I said I've followed Hagin for years and his ministry is honest. However his teaching on tithes is based on this which I quote.

"Tithing originated as an act of faith, and faith transcends both the Old and New Covenants! And "by faith" is how we should tithe today—not as an act of legalism, but as an act of faith.

Circumcision was given as a seal of an act of faith to Abraham and was before the law and was also repeated in the law. Yet we dump this part. Noah dealt with clean and unclean which was before the law. By faith he obeyed God and burnt clean animals etc. You can make any doctrine up to suit an agenda. Do mea huge favour, take the tithes and stick it next to the finished work of the cross and ask show how your tithe can stop it's work. With such a topic that affects people daily, he could only give about one page or so to the topic. I am.all forgiving but not your religious acts wrapped in titles of faith acts etc. These are spiritual jargon terms the church use to confuse themselves. If tithing isn't by force, then my question is this. If I got £3000 pounds tomorrow, should I tithe on it? Your answer determines if on a sly you forcefully push forward your doctrine. The richest folks aren't even saved so when we talk of prosperity etc as though we own the show, we are living in a myopic world.
Re: Jesus Supported Tithing by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 23, 2017
Maximus82:

As I said I've followed Hagin for years and his ministry is honest. However his teaching on tithes is based on this which I quote.

"Tithing originated as an act of faith, and faith transcends both the Old and New Covenants! And "by faith" is how we should tithe today—not as an act of legalism, but as an act of faith.

Circumcision was given as a seal of an act of faith to Abraham and was before the law and was also repeated in the law. Yet we dump this part. Noah dealt with clean and unclean which was before the law. By faith he obeyed God and burnt clean animals etc. You can make any doctrine up to suit an agenda. Do mea huge favour, take the tithes and stick it next to the finished work of the cross and ask show how your tithe can stop it's work. With such a topic that affects people daily, he could only give about one page or so to the topic. I am.all forgiving but not your religious acts wrapped in titles of faith acts etc. These are spiritual jargon terms the church use to confuse themselves. If tithing isn't by force, then my question is this. If I got £3000 pounds tomorrow, should I tithe on it? Your answer determines if on a sly you forcefully push forward your doctrine. The richest folks aren't even saved so when we talk of prosperity etc as though we own the show, we are living in a myopic world.
the difference between Christians and the world is humility. The world flaunt their treasures on social media but a Christian uses his for the propagation of the gospel of the kingdom.. Wen adeboye wanted to expand the redeemed camp there where some of his members who gave 1billion.. The first American billionaire John Rockefeller was a Christian and a tither. In my little corner here i know a brother worth over a million dollar just by trading Crypto currency and if u see him he is just like everyday Christians... At my age (less than 30yrs) i already counted my first million naira and am still praying for more blessings. I have known the truth about biblical prosperity and it has been working for me. Biblical prosperity is all encompassing.. It covers spirit soul and body of man

1 Like

Re: Jesus Supported Tithing by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 23, 2017
salvation101:
the difference between Christians and the world is humility. The world flaunt their treasures on social media but a Christian uses his for the propagation of the gospel of the kingdom.. Wen adeboye wanted to expand the redeemed camp there where some of his members who gave 1billion.. The first American billionaire John Rockefeller was a Christian and a tither. In my little corner here i know a brother worth over a million dollar just by trading Crypto currency and if u see him he is just like everyday Christians... At my age (less than 30yrs) i already counted my first million naira and am still praying for more blessings. I have known the truth about biblical prosperity and it has been working for me. Biblical prosperity is all encompassing.. It covers spirit soul and body of man

I don't want to sound rude but at that age I already earned over £49,000 a year. I can show you thousands who prosper with the principle of diligence in what they do. You find me a man who is diligent or knows his game, he'll stand before kings. It's that simple. When it comes to Christian ministries , global.christian media etc, I'm very good at my game . At age 26, I ran the global offices of one of the big name preachers which I can't mention for confidentiality sake. Ive gone on way past that and managed other big names which you probably have books on.
Re: Jesus Supported Tithing by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 23, 2017
Maximus82:

I don't want to sound rude but at that age I already earned over £49,000 a year. I can show you thousands who prosper with the principle of diligence in what they do. You find me a man who is diligent or knows his game, he'll stand before kings. It's that simple.
yeah no doubt but I'll rather stick to the biblical law of seed, time and harvest... It may be slow but very sure
Re: Jesus Supported Tithing by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 23, 2017
salvation101:
yeah no doubt but I'll rather stick to the biblical law of seed, time and harvest... It may be slow but very sure

The other one is more sure, that.i can assure you. These are the part of Christianity where we just do things, carry an ego etc and don't accept reality. Before working in churches, I worked in secular worldly jobs etc and the top shots aren't your born again etc folks. I'm not based in Nigeria, but sadly Nigerians are acclimatised to their country again an don't realise global principles. My family are actually worth over $600 million USD and they are all Catholics. Not dodgey apart from one. I can fault their doctrines but not their work principles that's for sure.
Re: Jesus Supported Tithing by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
petra1:

Beautiful analogy . If tithing is only for the new then alms giving , fasting , prayer , offering , is only for the Jews . That’s what I’ve been trying to comunicate . Why will Satan single out the tithe. It only confirms the spiritual importance of the tithe

Just because something has been highlighted does not mean it's demonic. That there my friend is the mind of a programmed sheeple. If they speak against your pastor then it must be some spiritual attack etc. As I stated earlier ,.Hollywood is under some massive spiritual attack as all the accusations of wrongs are coming up at once based on your logic. The church is being cleansed. Most of you don't even know that your major names ,preachers etc are fronts for major non believing investors. I see people who would defend their so called man of God with their breath and all he teachers which isn't right, however I know the crook of a preacher.. the other things you made.mention off are all covered under the commandment of love which the word expressly says is still applicable.
Re: Jesus Supported Tithing by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:14pm On Nov 23, 2017
salvation101:
I have also made millions without ever paying tithes. God blesses whomever he choses to bless.Even atheists,Muslims, pagans etc are also blessed by God
Re: Jesus Supported Tithing by lonikit: 7:40pm On Nov 23, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

I have also made millions without ever paying tithes. God blesses whomever he choses to bless.Even atheists,Muslims, pagans etc are also blessed by God
do they pay tithe in Qatar?? yet, the current richest country. pagans and Muslim anchor our economy,
dangote doesn't pay tithe, yet he is the African richest.

Jesus pronounced salvation upon zaccheaus when he says this
Luke 19:8-9 KJV
And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold. [9] And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house...
Re: Jesus Supported Tithing by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 23, 2017
Maximus82:

The other one is more sure, that.i can assure you. These are the part of Christianity where we just do things, carry an ego etc and don't accept reality. Before working in churches, I worked in secular worldly jobs etc and the top shots aren't your born again etc folks. I'm not based in Nigeria, but sadly Nigerians are acclimatised to their country again an don't realise global principles. My family are actually worth over $600 million USD and they are all Catholics. Not dodgey apart from one. I can fault their doctrines but not their work principles that's for sure.
u are probably from a very privileged background. I was born a pentecostal but got born again in 2008, between then and now i can tell you the difference. Wen my church were building their expensive higher institutions i gave knowing that even though i didn't attend one my protege will and day by day it is becoming a reality. The richest ppl i know of today are tithers funny thing is those who give most in these churches don't even complain.. even the American jews (tithers) still control their financial institutions and all their key institutions
Re: Jesus Supported Tithing by lonikit: 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2017
salvation101:
u are probably from a very privileged background. I was born a pentecostal but got born again in 2008, between then and now i can tell you the difference. Wen my church were building their expensive higher institutions i gave knowing that even though i didn't attend one my protege will and day by day it is becoming a reality. The richest ppl i know of today are tithers funny thing is those who give most in these churches don't even complain.. even the American jews (tithers) still control their financial institutions and all their key institutions
pls, which denomination? dlbc, rccg, mfm or living faith
Re: Jesus Supported Tithing by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 23, 2017
lonikit:

pls, which denomination? dlbc, rccg, mfm or living faith
I'll rather not be specific but its one of the above..
Re: Jesus Supported Tithing by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 23, 2017
salvation101:

Sadly my background didn't count. Got kicked out cos of Pentecostalism, but he's always faithful. Always knew I'll go down the path of life predestined .. I'm now welcomed back to the clan but I'm also now fully independent of them and growing in grace. When they saw that all the words that had been spoken came to past, right down to the very preacher I was to work with, who is literally amongst the highest out there based on popularity, they changed their minds. Ten years before I worked for him, I got the word and acted on that word. When my family eventually heard that what was said happened , they had to line up. Funny enough the first job with the global ministry occured exactly ten years to the date the word came about me working there. I had written it down and the job offer was exactly on the same date ten years later. You have a good heart but sadly those at the top know the system and see far from that you see . Now I'm.not against giving , but the religious side f giving when broke etc just to tick a box is not biblical. I couldn't show you the real behind the scenes of Pentecostalism, you'll almost go mad. I know people who have and it's sad. If you have £10 million to give, please go ahead, but I am.against being bound to sow on a tithing system.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Supported Tithing by lonikit: 8:38pm On Nov 23, 2017
salvation101:
I'll rather not be specific but its one of the above..

whts wrong with being specific? dlbc or mfm. u sound to be a member of one of these
Re: Jesus Supported Tithing by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 23, 2017
lonikit:

whts wrong with being specific? dlbc or mfm. u sound to be a member of one of these
there is nothing wrong in being specific its a choice not to
Re: Jesus Supported Tithing by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 23, 2017
Maximus82:

Sadly my background didn't count. Got kicked out cos of Pentecostalism, but he's always faithful. Always knew I'll go down the path of life predestined .. I'm now welcomed back to the clan but I'm also now fully independent of them and growing in grace. When they saw that all the words that had been spoken came to past, right down to the very preacher I was to work with, who is literally amongst the highest out there based on popularity, they changed their minds. Ten years before I worked for him, I got the word and acted on that word. When my family eventually heard that what was said happened , they had to line up. Funny enough the first job with the global ministry occured exactly ten years to the date the word came about me working there. I had written it down and the job offer was exactly on the same date ten years later. You have a good heart but sadly those at the top know the system and see far from that you see . Now I'm.not against giving , but the religious side f giving when broke etc just to tick a box is not biblical. I couldn't show you the real behind the scenes of Pentecostalism, you'll almost go mad. I know people who have and it's sad. If you have £10 million to give, please go ahead, but I am.against being bound to sow on a tithing system.
God will always be faithful as long as we act according to the level of revelation of Himself He has given us per time... There has been fake pastors since bible days but that there are fakes is a proof that there are originals. The new generation minister who are in haste to rub shoulders with men who spent several decades to build their ministries are d ones giving them a bad name... Check out almost every heretic or scam incidents in the pentecostal body of christ expecially in Africa nd u will see its usually a young man responsible
Re: Jesus Supported Tithing by Atk1nson(m): 10:31am On Dec 03, 2017
salvation101:
Its the last days and the recent attacks on the church and its leadership doesn't come as a surprise. The Bible says in the last days men would not be able to endure sound doctrines but shall heap to themselves teachers cos of their itching ears. It simply means that people will listen to teachers who teach subjects that appeals to their bias or sentiments... How else can u explain someone(who previously has only been popular for wrong controversial reasons) overnight just start a movement and now ppl takes all he says seriously if not simply for d fact dat wat he says appeals to their bias..

To say Jesus didn't say anything in support of tithing is totally false.. Here is Jesus statement in matt23:23

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Matthew 23:23 KJV

Incase you didn't understand that last sentence, here is another version..

“It will be bad for you teachers of the law and you Pharisees! You are hypocrites! You give God a tenth of the food you get, even your mint, dill, and cumin. But you don’t obey the really important teachings of the law—being fair, showing mercy, and being faithful. These are the things you should do. And you should also continue to do those other things.
Matthew 23:23 ERV
Now to say Jesus abolished tithing and offering is totally wrong..

I don't know if you missed the part that says that this message was addressed to "pharisees, scribes....". Gal 4:4 Christ was born under the law and lived under the law so that all may be fulfilled and a new covenant ushered in.

See the message for Christians-

Corinthians 16:1-2 (KJV)

16 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.

2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

Emphasis - As God has prospered him (indicates voluntary and not compulsion, also no indication that it is a statutory 1/10 in which default makes you a candidate of hell as some of our Pastors will rather have it).
See also how Christian giving is done in 2 Cor 9,

2 Corinthians 9 (KJV)

1 For as touching the ministering to the saints, it is superfluous for me to write to you:

6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

9 (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever.

Emphasis - Vs 7 - willing, voluntarily, not a 1/10 thing (no one is justified by keeping The Law which was a key message of Christ).
vs 9 - Emphasizes giving to the poor (a key pillar in a Christian's life no doubt). Not collecting from Christians to build expensive universities, buy private jets for evangelism, buy fleets of personal luxury cars for evangelism, and making mandates from rich people.

Madam, the focus of churches today is profitability and cashflow and not salvation and benevolence, hence they target the rich and wealthy and make them deacons and elders (look at your church and tell me this is a lie).

Tell me from the bible if I am wrong, don't tell me of a secret revelation (that goes contrary to the bible) that a certain G. O claimed to have received.

Look into the lives of the early disciples Paul, Peter, John...who though having a better opportunity to amass a great fortune as preachers of the gospel, chose to focus on evangelism and benevolence (2 cor 9:7)

Lastly I leave with Acts 6:2

"Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables."

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Find A Local Church And Stay Committed There / The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? / The Power Of Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.