Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,247 members, 7,880,916 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:15 AM

Tithe, A Spiritual Angle - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe, A Spiritual Angle (466 Views)

Mohbad's Death - A Spiritual Angle / A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) / Is Refusing To Pay Tithe A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tithe, A Spiritual Angle by udumosam23(m): 6:02am On Nov 18, 2017
Lifted form my facebook page in response to a friend.

Re: Tithe, Tithing, Tithers.

Yesterday a friend (Isu Mmuka) wrote an inspiring piece about Tithe and Tithing. Much as I agree with a number of her stance, I however, wish to take a different stand in her opinion that Tithe is a privilege and optional.

Tithe is both a PRIVILEGE AND AN OBLIGATION.

Refusing to pay your Tithe is serious a sin as refusing to pray or praise.

Prayer, Praises and Tithing (Offerings) are the three major ingredients of worship.

The first time Tithe is mentioned in the scriptures is at the time of the patriarchs, during the dispensation of conscience. At that time, man was without the Law. (Gen 14:20, 28:22). This means Tithe was inherent in every righteous man.

Tithe was then given as a law to be a constant reminder of a practical way to honor the Lord.

I wish to state clearly that the purpose of Tithing isn't just to provide food in the house of God or for priest in the old testament. The purpose of Tithing is first to honor God in acknowledgement that all you have is actually His and you're given back a certain percent "first" to Him as a symbol that He has your all. (Lev 27:30-31).

"Tithe is only a symbol offering to demonstrate that we are giving to God our all". This is why it is limited to the tenth number, a number of wholeness, of completeness.

Jesus also in the new testament didn't condemn Tithe, He only affirms it. (Matt 23:23) Jesus admonished the pharisees and scribes as much as they pay their Tithe, they should practice Justice, show mercy and have faith. They shouldn't do one and neglect the other.

The principle of Tithing demonstrates that our dependence for life is on God. It reveals that our acknowledgement of God surpasses all other. It informs where our priority lies or to whom our loyalty is.

If you remember God first and give back to him first of whatever you get, it indicates you think more of God than yourself or other things and this is true worship.

When you only remember to pay your Tithe later on, after you've used whatever you got for other things or in other ways, you only obeyed the law, you haven't honored the Lord, such Tithe isn't even worth paying. The essence of Tithe is you remember God first anytime you get anything.

Tithe is also different from charity. Charity is a Christian virtue and can be practiced anytime and anyhow.

But Tithe is sacred, it's what you give to God.

All Tithes must be paid in the house of God, particularly where you receive your spiritual admonitions.

There is also no point paying your Tithe if you haven't surrendered your life to God. Ironically, you you do that by giving your heart which is only a part of your whole body.

Just as the heart which is a part is given to represent your whole life, so is a tenth given to represent your whole substance.

It's Udumosam2014 again. Saying pay your Tithes.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1514105018685420&id=100002578108634

(1) (Reply)

26 January 2018 Speech / Women have shown interest in marrying me, but I’ll await God’s word –Abiara, / Why Are There Plenty Muslims In Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.