Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,777 members, 7,930,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 02:21 AM

Cash From Pawpaw Plantation – In Just 6 Months After Planting - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cash From Pawpaw Plantation – In Just 6 Months After Planting (18365 Views)

11,000 Hectares Coconut Plantation In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Dwarf Cashew Trees Flowering 18 Months after planting, in Ogbomosho / Buy Your Dwarf Seedling Orange,lemon,mango,cashew, Pawpaw,ogbono,palm,bittercola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cash From Pawpaw Plantation – In Just 6 Months After Planting by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 8:03am On Apr 15, 2018
*WHY YOU SHOULD ENGAGE QUALIFIED AGRO CONSULTANTS*

If you must farm or invest in agriculture,  pls, I beg you; engage a *qualified agro consultant.*

I have seen far too many farms ruined by these so called fake or internet agro consultants who,  having read or downloaded a few agro e-books; claims authority  of farming. With their sugar coated tongue,  they deceive  the unsuspecting agro investor into parting with huge sums to help them set up their agro investment/farms. I call them *laptop farmers* & they are everywhere cajoling, spewing fake ROI or sales statistics to convince & confuse the unsuspecting investor.  Nearly all of these investment will fail & are failing. For example:

��They will not tell you that planting a rain-fed farm towards the end of rain season will fail.  Why?  They just want to sell & make money. 

��They will not tell you that you need to do your farm layout before planting cash crop. Why?  They just want to sell & make money. 

��They will not tell you the importance  of soil test in crop farming. Why?  Because they don't  know. 

��They will not tell you that in animal  husbandry,  the breed of the parent stock is a major determinant  of your production success.  Why?  Because they don't  know. 

��Most of them don't  know there are hybrid or improved  variety of most tree crops & animals. And,  when they know,  they wld rather  give the customer another *palasa* or fake seedlings/offsprings.  Why?  They just want to make money.

These fake consultants  are not limited to *laptop farmers* alone.  Most investors think that because  Mr A works in an agric institution,  then,  he is a qualified or trained agro  consultant. I am sorry to disappoint  you that if the so called  Mr A is not a field staff of the institute & has practical field experience in the said crop,  chances  are that he can't  deliver. 

I have been to several  farms supposedly set up by these agric institute  staffs & it is a disaster. We have had to redo everything done by them. 

So,  what can an agro investor do? 

✔Be vigilant  & ask questions. 
✔Don't accept or take everything they tell you until you cross check.
✔If possible, look for a successful farmer in your area of interest  & learn from them. 
✔Learn to fail & relearn. 
✔Attend trainings & seminars.
✔ Network. Network & Network with other  farmers. 
✔Start small & grow.

Let's farm together & may God bless our hustles.

Copied

2 Likes

Re: Cash From Pawpaw Plantation – In Just 6 Months After Planting by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 7:36pm On May 10, 2018
Planting season is here again
Re: Cash From Pawpaw Plantation – In Just 6 Months After Planting by ChristbusyDivine(m): 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2018
Intending farmers will certainly need irrigation shey?
Re: Cash From Pawpaw Plantation – In Just 6 Months After Planting by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 12:28pm On Oct 17, 2019
Jumbo royal red dwarf pawpaw seeds available
The fruit is BTW 2.5kg - 4.5kg
Minimum of 50 fruits per year
300 seeds is N10k
150 seeds is N6k
Transportation is client's responsibility
Location is Ibadan Oyo state
Optimal production year is 2
Contact me on WhatsApp 08120528950 for the fruit picture
Re: Cash From Pawpaw Plantation – In Just 6 Months After Planting by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 12:45pm On Oct 21, 2019
Hope you are into this business
Re: Cash From Pawpaw Plantation – In Just 6 Months After Planting by Profpuej(m): 3:21pm On Oct 23, 2019
dwarf pawpaw with 3 months seedings how much for 300pieces.also how many seeling can go in a plot of land.and what of fertilizer application.
Re: Cash From Pawpaw Plantation – In Just 6 Months After Planting by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 7:37am On Oct 29, 2019
Glad to introduce to you our Jumbo royal red dwarf pawpaw seeds

The fruit is BTW 2.5kg - 4.5kg

Minimum of 50 fruits per year

300 seeds is N10k
150 seeds is N6k
A seedling is N300

Transportation is client's responsibility

Location is Ibadan Oyo state

Optimal production year is 2

Contact me on WhatsApp 08120528950 for the fruit picture
Or call 08136650972/08120528950

We can train you for a fee online & offline

We can help you write a mini feasibility study on the business before you start
Re: Cash From Pawpaw Plantation – In Just 6 Months After Planting by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 8:25am On Nov 04, 2019
What you can make on just 2 plots of Pawpaw farm

Do you know planting paw paw on 2 plots will yield you close to million yearly?
Now, let's say you plant Pawpaw on a plot of land.
The maximum trees a plot can take is 200 stands
A good variety produces up to 60-90 fruits in a year and a fruit is sold @ N50 bulk purchase

200 × 60 = 12,000Fruits in a year
But let say you sold 10,000 fruits
10,000 × N50 = N500,000 sales not profit
Each tree stays 4years, and fruit production begins on the 6th month, this means that a tree produces for 3years and 6 months.
Now, let's say 3 years
N500,000 × 3 years = N1,500,000

N1,500,000 from 'ordinary' pawpaw on a plot in less than 4 years
There are so many unused plots close to you that you can either lease or get to use for free. Delay is dangerous.

Whatapp & call 08120528950

500 seeds for N5000

2 months seedling for N100 minimum purchase is 100 seedlings

Use it to reduce cost of feeding your animals... Goat,sheep,rabbit, cow,pig,chicken etc

Most people look only in one direction... Better to have plan A,B,C& even E of converting your products to profit

Spacing :2m x 1.5m spacing
Organic tea manure production...EBook.. 2k
Organic disease treatment for plant....EBook.... 2k
Organic disease treatment for animals.. EBook.. 3k

Connect me on WhatsApp 08120528950 for picture of pawpaw fruits
Call 08136650972/08120528950
Re: Cash From Pawpaw Plantation – In Just 6 Months After Planting by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 7:42am On Nov 14, 2019
Pawpaw seeds & seedlings available for those with irrigation farming
Re: Cash From Pawpaw Plantation – In Just 6 Months After Planting by Endico(m): 8:16am On Dec 09, 2020
Where do you have land for sale for pawpaw farming? What is the price?
Re: Cash From Pawpaw Plantation – In Just 6 Months After Planting by mmyfarmsltd(m): 2:54pm On Jan 16, 2021
Do you've a link to off takers?

I wonder where people sell what they don't run. Guys beware. Why sell seedlings instead of seed?
The problem with papaya seeds is that its always sold in bulk eliminating small holders like those in the home who may need maximum of 10 trees or even less.

I may soon start selling pure f1 generation seeds in small quantity like 10 seeds if my proposed demonstration farm for papaya is good.

Recommended spacing is even 1.5m x 1.5m or 1.8m x 1.8m which will give 4400 per hectare/440 per plot or 3200 per hectare/320 per plot.
Farmgate prices I found out is 100 per fruit and it also depends on the variety if its supersweet.

The farm will certainly be good towards large consumer towns like state capitals.
Re: Cash From Pawpaw Plantation – In Just 6 Months After Planting by Hayzedious1: 8:18am On Jul 04, 2021
Hi, please how can I get through to you. I'd like to discuss something with you privately. Thanks in anticipation.

50 hectares will be just too much. That's average of 150,000 fruits a week. Will the market be able to sell off that amount a week? Except you see processors who will convert to fruit juices.
Theoretically, that will give minimum of 10 million a week.
You best bet is to start a small farm of maximum 4 hectares and see the yield in that area and remember its also needs irrigation to produce fruits all year long.

My farm has not started but its in top preparatory gear. The f1 seeds are being sought from Taiwan and will be here in January 2018. I want to do a demonstration farm in Lokoja and see the practical production yield before going full scale.

You will never regret going into it. I have a video of a demonstration farm of a farmer earning a lot from it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate / Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA / How To Grow Pineapple Plant / Pineapple Suckers (Hybrid) For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.