Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,245 members, 7,880,916 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:11 AM

Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide (45910 Views)

Plangnan Solomon's Mother Speaks On The Death Of Her Daughter / Solomon Oboh Commits Suicide, Wills Mobile Phone To Girlfriend / Solomon Peters Stabs Patience Zakari To Death In Bauchi Over Phone Call (Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by bumi10(m): 12:00pm On Nov 18, 2017
A former lecturer at the Department of Crop Production, College of Agriculture, Kwara State University, Malete, Dr. Solomon Osunlola, committed suicide yesterday Friday, November 17th.

According to reports, the registrar of KWASU had written to inform him of his conversion to a contract staff from a full-time appointment. This reportedly got the deceased so depressed that some of his friends had to seek spiritual help because it became a serious case.

The deceased had lost his wife three months ago. One of his friends had offered to assist him with a job at Landmark University but Osunlola declined and refused to submit his credentials.

Yesterday, his family members had to force his room door open after he did not step out in the morning. Sadly, they discovered that he had committed suicide.

Confirming his death, the director, Public Relations, KWASU, Dr. IsiakaAliagan, said

“The Management of KWASU, Malete, would like to clarify that the late Dr. Oluremi Solomon Osunlola, was a Lecturer 1 in the Department of Crop Production, College of Agriculture. He joined the services of the Institution on a full-time appointment in 2010. However, during staff verification, it was discovered that the late Osunlola had already retired from the Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Kwara Office, before taking up a full-time appointment with KWASU.

Despite the fact that the deceased violated the rule of his engagement, the university, in August, 2017, converted his appointment to contract on compassionate grounds. This is all we can say about the late Osunlola.”

His remains have been deposited at the morgue.

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/11/former-kwara-state-university-lecturer.html

cc mynd44 lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by TheMainMan: 12:05pm On Nov 18, 2017
this is just sad.... may his gentle soul rest in peace

nigeria universities is one of the places that breeds wicked people parading themselves as lecturers

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by jaychubi: 12:06pm On Nov 18, 2017
Gini there is a special place in hell for ppl who commit suicide. RIP

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by dahunsy(f): 12:14pm On Nov 18, 2017
Coughs*** clears throat#depression..# aye akamara # se Ogun laiye ni?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by ObamaOsama: 1:33pm On Nov 18, 2017
front page back to back

I no read the post,,, make somebody tell me what happened to him?
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by Factfinder1(m): 1:33pm On Nov 18, 2017
Theres an evil spirit behind this suicide thing

4 Likes

Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by IYANGBALI: 1:33pm On Nov 18, 2017
Buhariiiiiiiiiii

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by 9japrof(m): 1:34pm On Nov 18, 2017
Depression is such a wrong thing for one to see him or herself in.

As much as this nigga would be scolded and scorned, we can never really tell what he was passing through, and with the loss of his wife who could have been a comforter, dude would have been so devastated. Contract staff is a nonsense job, they only pay peanuts that wouldn't even come monthly at when due, and would treat you with the worse form of disdain

The economy is damn harsh, anybody who loses a job should be watched closely.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by Amosjaj(m): 1:35pm On Nov 18, 2017
Village people at work
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2017

He was a fraudster while alive

and in death he was still a fraudster, he committed fraud by cheating life.

good to know that the wishes of his students were finally answered.
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by Firstcitizen: 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2017
jaychubi:
Gini there is a special place in hell for ppl who commit suicide. RIP

I know you have visited before grin

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by juman(m): 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2017
Hmmmmm

See what the useless apc government cause to the country.

Their recession destroyed everything.

nigeria became suicide land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by Hofbrauhaus(m): 1:37pm On Nov 18, 2017
Depression iis bad..

Why worry? There is really no point worrying or getting depressed about anything..

The rate at which Nigerians commit suicide nowadays is something else..

1 Like

Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by datola: 1:37pm On Nov 18, 2017
Ah
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by IYANGBALI: 1:38pm On Nov 18, 2017
bumi10:
One of his friends had offered to assist him with a job at Landmark University but Osunlola declined and refused to submit his credentials.

the man must be an arrogant fool

5 Likes

Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by salemdv(m): 1:38pm On Nov 18, 2017
sucide again
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by NwaAmaikpe: 1:38pm On Nov 18, 2017
shocked

KWASU?

It's that the name of a University or a funkified, shortened form of the devil's name 'Ekwensu'.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by godunia(m): 1:39pm On Nov 18, 2017
And suicide is the way out, abi? Kwontinu

1 Like

Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by figure007(m): 1:39pm On Nov 18, 2017
We have maLaria... Typhoid... Diabetes.. And so on... They kills but now the new disease is SUICIDE... now rampant... May we never be depressed to the stage of thinking suicide cos you will go to hell for that... It's a sin!!! But RIP though.. God have mercy

1 Like

Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by Richy4(m): 1:39pm On Nov 18, 2017
smiley the management of the institution trying to exonerate themselves from his death

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by jchioma: 1:41pm On Nov 18, 2017
IYANGBALI:
the man must be an arrogant fool

Pray you fall into depression...mu mu

1 Like

Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by ifyalways(f): 1:42pm On Nov 18, 2017
Wife just died? My empathy goes to the children. Surviving as an orphan in Nigeria no be beans.

BTW, wrong timing by Kwasu. Lay off a man mourning his wife? They should have used their discretion

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by Chartey(m): 1:43pm On Nov 18, 2017
Fg
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 18, 2017
Depression is Bad
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by blaqroy: 1:44pm On Nov 18, 2017
Is not fair nah .... undecided undecided
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by afoltundeseun(m): 1:47pm On Nov 18, 2017
TheMainMan:
this is just sad.... may his gentle soul rest in peace

nigeria universities is one of the places that breeds wicked people parading themselves as lecturers
fuxk his soul. Who knows the evil he has done in the past

#afoltundeseun
#LeaveMeAloneOde
#Quasimodo
#B4nkor
#OkpameriBoy
#Afemai
#I'mAPusher
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by itiswellandwell: 1:48pm On Nov 18, 2017
Rip doc
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by UbanmeUdie: 1:53pm On Nov 18, 2017
shocked

I used to think suicide is an act of cowardice,

Alas, I now know better!

Suicide is an act of bravery that only a few can dare. It is a good thing he paid the ultimate price to join his wife in the world of the spirits.

I sincerely appreciate this man's choice to leave this world.

He is in a much better place!

9 Likes

Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by tydi(m): 1:53pm On Nov 18, 2017
jchioma:

Pray you fall into depression...mu mu
I'M confused as much!
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by byemx06(m): 1:55pm On Nov 18, 2017
am running through alot of depress and anguish d last thing I will ever think of is to kill my self wen I Knw Allah is in control..........RIP SHA

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kenyan Woman Conspired With Lover To Kill Her German Husband During Sex / Elozino Joshuana Ogege: Yahoo Boys Arrested Over Murder Of DELSU Student / Man Rushes Out From A Bank In Lagos & Strips Himself Unclad (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.