Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,674 members, 7,918,150 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 12:22 AM

How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage (1638 Views)

What You Must Know About Relationship Before You Start One. / Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age. / 10 Insights You Should Take Steps Into Serious Relationship Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by lila007(f): 12:34am On Mar 24, 2010
I have been with this guy for 5yrs and we have children together and live together too
I have been faithful
I have been honest
I was 135 pound after my two kid i gain 5 pound and i am a beautiful girl
I met him when i was 24 yrs and we been together for 5yrs, do the math and you will know my age
I feel like i am wasting my time and my energy with him.
His mother told me to have patience but my mind tell me another thing

He doesn't wanna talk about marriage
He say he doesn't understand why peoples get married,i will ask him does that mean that you don't wanna get married,he will say that is not what it's meant

COULD SOMEBODY OR A GUY TELL ME WHAT ITS MEANT BY THAT
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by Nobody: 12:37am On Mar 24, 2010
Well I admit some folks are better off just remaining partners but this your Beau puzzles me I mean he already has two kids why not make it official?
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by TOPE20001(f): 12:40am On Mar 24, 2010
This usually happens when u guys co-habit b4 marriage, after u start having kids the guy often relaxes. i doubt if he will ever do the deed anymre.
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by coolier(f): 12:43am On Mar 24, 2010
lila007:

I have been with this guy for 5yrs and we have children together and live together too

Obviously you are okay with the arrangement, if not there wouldn't be these many children.
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by 190: 12:44am On Mar 24, 2010
Its a lady affair

No males please!
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by sulad82i(m): 12:45am On Mar 24, 2010
some men are afraid of commitment. I dont want to hurt ur feeling but I'll like to say maybe he has an eye somewhere else but think the baby was by chance. His mum def know something, he might have told her he's not willing to settle with u. At the same time, I think he's considering it.
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by lila007(f): 12:52am On Mar 24, 2010
WHAT ABOUT YEARS I SPENT WITH HIM?
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by Nobody: 12:53am On Mar 24, 2010
My dear, we hear of women being with men for 8, 10 or even 15yrs without a ring in sight and sometimes they get dumped eventually.
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by lila007(f): 12:59am On Mar 24, 2010
HE SAY :
I AM 100% COMMITMENT TO THIS RELATIONSHIP THAT SHOULD BE OK WITH ME BECAUSE THAT MARRIAGE DOES NOT BRING ANY HAPPINESS RELATIONSHIP
I WANT MORE THAN COMMITMENT
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by lila007(f): 1:05am On Mar 24, 2010
MALE AND FEMALE cry

I NEED TO KNOW WHAT ITS MEANT BY I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLES GET MARRIED
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by waleski(m): 1:11am On Mar 24, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

My dear, we hear of women being with men for 8, 10 or even 15yrs without a ring in sight and sometimes they get dumped eventually.
Useless set of people it is mindbulgling spending dat amount of time with smbody nd u dnt marry in d end
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by Nobody: 1:13am On Mar 24, 2010
waleski:

Useless set of people it is mindbulgling spending dat amount of time with smbody nd u dnt marry in d end
You dont know the lies those spawns of the devil told those women.
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by sulad82i(m): 2:11am On Mar 24, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

You dont know the lies those spawns of the devil told those women.

its not all true that way. I was with a gurl for 5 years when I was in 9ja before leaving for the state. After three years here, I planned to go home and get engage with her. To my surprise, she told me off that I left the country when she needed me the most. She left me for one yahoo-boy.
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by Nobody: 2:13am On Mar 24, 2010
Na wa so you expected her to wait for you? I think the girl tried.
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by sulad82i(m): 2:22am On Mar 24, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Na wa so you expected her to wait for you? I think the girl tried.

so u mean if ur man see an opportunity for better life for u and him but will require him to leave for a while , u will do the same?
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by fifi09(f): 5:00am On Mar 24, 2010
lila007:

How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage?

@Post: It's mainly a question of commitment to your partner.

Not all guys are scared to commit; some men react differently to commitment than others, some just want to have a good time and not commit and run away, but I have to say some men are not scared to commit to the right women.
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by kitlady02(f): 5:01am On Mar 24, 2010
@sulad82i, Why not,time waits for nobody especially women.
lila007:

MALE AND FEMALE cry

I NEED TO KNOW WHAT ITS MEANT BY I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLES GET MARRIED

meaning - i dnt understand why people bye the whole cow when they can have the milk free. . . .
My dear your in a mess n May God help u,
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by kitlady02(f): 5:07am On Mar 24, 2010
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by THEAMAKA(f): 6:57am On Mar 24, 2010
I don't think the number of years matter. (although i believe[b] AT LEAST[/b] a year so you can say you know your partner well enough)
the feeling just had to be there and you need to know that's what you want.
some people can date for 5 years and still not ready or in the right mindset for marriage. so. . .
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by Girl846(f): 8:12am On Mar 24, 2010
Please get married as soon as possible. However if your guy is forced into marriage it will not be good.
I do not know your religion, but the only kind of relationship acceptable and pleasing to God is marriage.
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by daduke2k(m): 8:12am On Mar 24, 2010
5 yrs, hell no. Cant even date 4 two months.
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by 190: 8:14am On Mar 24, 2010
THE AMAKA:

I don't think the number of years matter. (although i believe[b] AT LEAST[/b] a year so you can say you know your partner well enough)
the feeling just had to be there and you need to know that's what you want.
some people can date for 5 years and still not ready or in the right mindset for marriage. so. . .

[/quote

thats my baby!!

kiss
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by THEAMAKA(f): 8:26am On Mar 24, 2010
^^^
excuse me?
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by 190: 8:35am On Mar 24, 2010
^^
yes baby how can i be of assistance!!
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by THEAMAKA(f): 8:49am On Mar 24, 2010
190:

^^
yes baby how can i be of assistance!!
be keeping shut!
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by 190: 8:54am On Mar 24, 2010
^^
Not until Our kids stop crying
go and brea,st feed em angry
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by sistajay(f): 8:59am On Mar 24, 2010
@ Poster

Why you askin dis kan question, you made it damn ezi for this guy, by livin together and raisin kids together and now all you want is proof on paper his your man. If you want to carry his name go and have it done by deed poll, jare! This guy ain't ready to marry ya!
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by Tinksh(f): 9:08am On Mar 24, 2010
He has got what he wants, 'wife' and kids he obviously doesnt think he needs to do more. I dont understand why you wont marry the mother of your children, maybe he is keeping his options open. Doesnt make any sense. I wish you well.
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by lila007(f): 3:25pm On Mar 24, 2010
THANKS

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

SHOULD I MOVE ON?

I DON'T WANNA WASTE ANOTHER YEAR WITH HIM embarassed
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by Nautillus(m): 3:46pm On Mar 24, 2010
Your Pseudo husband is just a Jacka$$. . .(sorry abt the language)
He just Eating his cake, Having a woman at home doing all the "womanly" stuff/ having kids. . .while he can still brandish the "i'm very single" status outside your home.

Honestly,. . .i think u are in too deep already. . . .Guess you just have to wait it out and pray that he eventually grows up and take u to the altar.

He is a jerk. . . .an over grown jerk. . .and the bad part is , . .his mum supports him
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by boy1(m): 3:56pm On Mar 24, 2010
He should seal d deal if he's so serious about u. . .it's high time.
Re: How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage by fifi09(f): 5:40pm On Mar 24, 2010
lila007:

THANKS

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

SHOULD I MOVE ON?

I DON'T WANNA WASTE ANOTHER YEAR WITH HIM embarassed

To be honest, only you can take ownership of your feelings and decisions, no one can do it for you.

There's only so much one can take before they break, when the time comes you'll know when to move on.

Nautillus:

He is a jerk. . . .an over grown jerk. . .and the bad part is , . .his mum supports him

So true, it's so sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Twenty Something Girls/boys Vs Thirty Something Women/men! Who Do You Prefer? / Is This Enough Proof To Show That Girls Are Evil? / A Wifes Big Mistake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.