Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,753 members, 7,965,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 10:38 PM

Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest (30045 Views)

REVEALED: New Tricks Lagos Guys Use To Woo Girls Inside Public Buses / Some Phrases Guys Says To Ladies And Their Real Meaning / Girls Can Call Themselves Pet Names But Guys Cant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by meggieblac: 7:09pm On Mar 29, 2010
mummy
babee
baby giel
agbani
fine giel
urrrrgh
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by earlalright(m): 7:46pm On Mar 29, 2010
I know i'm enjoying this forum. I like talking about my girl to my friends as "01" when on campus, 'my woman' among acquitance, 'my skirt or hand bag' among my friends at home. But i don't like been called baby. It just sound that i'm childish when i senior many people plus the babe. I have now realized on this forum that ladies don't like been called honey or sweet heart when no emotional string. I've actually noticed some strange looks on some of my VICTIMS. www.myspace.com/naijapassion
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by joe4christ(m): 8:27pm On Mar 29, 2010
mckutie:

hey hey dude!if calling gals u are just meeting for the first time,silly names as mummy,sweetie etc,then your idea of romance is totally WHACK and YUCK
DONT GET ME WRONG GURL! I AINT SAYING IT'S RIGHT FOR A GUY TO CALL A GURL PET NAMES WHILE MEETING HER THE FIRST TIME, I'M TALKING ABOUT THE OPPOSITE,  SO DONT GET ME WRONG!

Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by UpBendel(m): 9:08pm On Mar 29, 2010
Na who start this kind yeye post sef?
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Nobody: 11:39pm On Mar 29, 2010
@ All
Some posts are quite hilarious! how about this , not a bf though but we both admire each other.His name is Chuks but i call him Chocs and he calls me Candie,
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Aaoe: 4:59pm On Mar 30, 2010
Whoa! 'Sexy', wad up!
'Mama' werin dey grin grin grin grin grin
mummmmiiiii [igbo accent]
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 31, 2010
I call my girlfriend Butterfly and she just loves it
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Phony200(m): 1:05pm On Apr 19, 2010
^^the butterfly in your tummy.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by raphrinco: 12:48am On Apr 24, 2010
cho cho cho ,mek i here word joo! d names all ds guys dat ride s-class,murano,infinity etc. call u is even worst yet u keep ur big artificial heads low and ready to go wth any style, a beg no decve ur selfoo!!!
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by lovemoi2(f): 1:39am On Apr 24, 2010
My boo calls me baby, it's cool with me
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by chinedumo(m): 1:29pm On Apr 29, 2010
the funny thing is that, these gals who say that they detest these names from first timers strangers and colleagues actually use those names in forums. like NL. babe this bade that, sexylips sexy waist sexy boobs hotie_ whatever ETC. they want us to refer to them with those name on NL even though we are strangers unknown, their colleagues via NL. can someone explain this to me. we haven't even seen them physically talk less of knowing them but u call them sexy this or that. I think it is better to call someone sexy whom u have seen physically even if it is first time than someone whom u have seen only the pix as the case in NL.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by olayinkaj2(m): 11:54pm On Apr 29, 2010
Shakara, which pet names u na come want o. Some ppl name hard to pronounce sef, here they come con dey make yanga. Abeg make i hear word jare.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by collinsuns: 12:03am On Apr 30, 2010
it seems u girls detest almost all pet names that exist in this world. so pls tell us, what kind of pet names do u ladies like?
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by adaphik(f): 6:30am On Apr 30, 2010
Wahala dey,
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by parislomo(f): 1:45pm On May 04, 2010
oh a new one: MY COLOUR! arrrrrrrrrrggggggggrrrrrr
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by prettytutu(f): 9:19pm On May 04, 2010
"baby", argh!!, annoying
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by prettytutu(f): 9:21pm On May 04, 2010
i like , LOVE or DEAREST
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 04, 2010
pet names u loathe being called by turns other girls on. Hating em is your opinion but it ain't universally applicable.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by lovemoi2(f): 1:16am On May 05, 2010
colomb:

pet names u loathe being called by turns other girls on. Hating em is your opinion but it ain't universally applicable.

[size=15pt]chank you oh jare
its an individual thing, and i think hate/detest is a strong word too, to be all work up about just cos of a pet name
[/size]
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by skyndyp(f): 10:07am On May 28, 2010
I hate those names too,especially from total strangers or colleagues. My guy calls me Gorgeous and i love it cos ive not heard any guy use it before. I simply call him Handsome cos he's drop-dead handsome,and im drop-dead gorgeous too!
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by sylve11: 4:35pm On May 28, 2010
i like being called 'oyoyo' sad cool
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by babycakes2(f): 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2010
"sweetheart
my love
nice one
nkem
sweetie
utum
totoritom"

your list is the most interesting, never heard of some dem names.
i detest
mummy-- commonly used my the eastern brothers
sisi mi____ trhe yoruba brothers
cinderella, jasmine, sweerrat etc.- used by wannabe scrubs.

what ever happened to calling a lady what she means to and not some generic name.
i like , Nkem -it means my own, my dad used to call his wife -mine, and it was quite nice.
guys you should sit back look at ur woman and if what u feel is really love, a name that encompasses ur emotion will come forth.

point is, stop looking for expo from us.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Carolece(f): 1:22am On Jun 27, 2010
I really dispise a man calling me:

mom
mama
mommy
ma

Thats all the names we/he call his mother. For Christ's sake, you aint fvking your mother so stop calling me that.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by IbitoruA(f): 4:54pm On Dec 21, 2010
What i dont understand is why a guy will call me 'shawty'. Abeg do i look short in your eyes or am i a midget! that shawty thing is just plain ridiculous sad
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Phate07(m): 10:39pm On Jun 22, 2011
undecided
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by michylabo(m): 12:43pm On Jun 23, 2011
My girl calls me prick, and i call her baby
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Holorunloseyi(m): 7:37am On Jan 30, 2012
If u dont like such pet name maybe you will prefers names like ATUTUPOYOYO,HEART ROBBER,GBAM,KONKO BELOW
give name tou will be address with as pet names
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 15, 2012
Think thats bad,wat if a guy calls you 'MY JOY' even in public places,imagine u walkin down d street nd him calling at u wit dat name!
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:19pm On Apr 15, 2012
See all these girls dey talk like say dem get taste.

9ja for Show.........
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by CAPTIVATOR: 11:02am On Sep 16, 2013
[quote author=yimiton]Lol.
It's really cool to know that I'm not the only one who just detests these silly names.

For guys who think we're too choosy, Note  that we're talking about strangers we just met on the street trying to be friendly or trying to get our names or phone numbers and worse still our colleagues at work!

If these endearments are coming from our loved, that is, boyfriends, fiances and husbands, it's actually ok but when u meet a guy on the street and he goes 'hey babes, what is t. NICE ONE....Uv expalined Beta, coz I reason with U dat Hw will somone on d street use dose names if so den DEFINITELY HE IS A FLIRT ND DECEIVER.....BUT IF ITS FROM SOMONE SOOOO LOVED U WILL AGREE WITH ME DAT IT SPICES THE RELATIONSHIP..ISNT IT?
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Greenhero(m): 2:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
ik_moore2: @poster

1. My dear
2. Babes
3. Cutie
4. Sweetie
5. Fine girl and

So,if all these name are not good to address u with,

Then, what do u think (pet name) we should address our GF with?

Bitter kola, Bitter leaf
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Confession14(f): 9:45pm On Oct 13, 2014
yimiton:
Lol.
It's really cool to know that I'm not the only one who just detests these silly names.

For guys who think we're too choosy, Note  that we're talking about strangers we just met on the street trying to be friendly or trying to get our names or phone numbers and worse still our colleagues at work!

If these endearments are coming from our loved, that is, boyfriends, fiances and husbands, it's actually ok but when u meet a guy on the street and he goes 'hey babes, what is that your 'beauriful' name?, that is totally disgusting.
u have said my mind...basically i call my love one Dear, D, Babe or Love and i love it when he calls me Sweetie, dear, love and eventho we have parted i still wont forget it but these coming from a guy am just meeting....gush...he is soooooo cheap, leacherous and confuse...certainly not my type.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha And His Wife On Valentine's Day (Photo) / Benefits Of Remaining A Virgin Till Marriage By Nancy Hanna / Do Women Like Men With Tattoos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.