Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,748 members, 7,875,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:56 PM

Sad News: Governor Willie Obiano Mourns Dr. Alex Ekwueme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sad News: Governor Willie Obiano Mourns Dr. Alex Ekwueme (752 Views)

Governor Willie Obiano Celebrates His 65th Birthday Today / Ebelechukwu, Willie Obiano’s Wife And Plastic Surgery Rumours (Photos) / Governor Willie Obiano Running At Campaign Ground (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sad News: Governor Willie Obiano Mourns Dr. Alex Ekwueme by sweetsandy4luv(f): 9:27am On Nov 20, 2017
The Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Maduaburochukwu Obiano has described the demise of the former Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr Alex Ifeanyichukwu Ekwueme as a huge loss to Nigeria.

Reacting to the news of the death from his Aguleri country home where he had gone to mark his victory in the last Saturday’s election with his family, Governor Obiano said that he was yet to come to terms with the reality of Dr Ekwueme’s death as it was hard to contemplate the void that his passage has created.

“A great iroko has fallen. Nigeria has lost a statesman. Ndigbo have lost an illustrious son. Anambra has lost a father. But I have lost both a father and a friend. I have lost a mentor. This is a big loss on all fronts,” the Governor declared.

Narrating the direct influence the late statesman had had on him, Governor Obiano further said, “I was close to Dr Ekwueme. I sought his advice on so many things and he was always ready to help.

He attended every major event we have held in the past three years in our efforts to make Anambra a better place. You always knew where you stood with him on any issue. His death is a big personal loss to me,” Governor Obiano explained.

The governor further lamented that the elder statesman passed away at a trying period in the life of the nation when his bridge-building talent was most needed.
Describing him as the “architect” of a balanced Nigeria, Governor Obiano observed that only few Nigerians living or dead could match Dr Ekwueme’s contributions to a fair and just federation in the nation’s seemingly endless search for peace and equity.

He pointed out that even in his last days, Dr Ekwueme fought gallantly to ensure that equity prevailed in his home state of Anambra, speaking out fearlessly in favour of sustaining the geopolitical balance that has entrenched peace in the state.

“Dr Ekwueme’s life is an open book that should inspire generations of Nigerians who need a beacon to guide them into evolving as true patriots who are willing to make sacrifices for the greatness of the country. He is an icon whose place is assured in our hearts in Anambra State,” Governor Obiano further observed.

According to him, Dr Ekwueme’s legacy would never die because whenever the story of modern Nigeria is told, Alex Ekwueme’s name would be remembered.

“I wish to express my deepest condolences to the illustrious Ekwueme family and the people of Oko, his home town and to Ndi Anambra in general. Ndonu Ndi Anambra. I pray that God Almighty will give us the fortitude to bear this grave loss,” Governor Obiano further added.

Pic: Gov Obiano (left) paying respect to Dr Alex Ekwueme in a State Function earlier this year
More photos here>>>https://www.newsflashngr.com/sad-news-governor-willie-obiano-mourns-dr-alex-ekwueme/

Re: Sad News: Governor Willie Obiano Mourns Dr. Alex Ekwueme by sarrki(m): 9:29am On Nov 20, 2017
Obiano please do more for Anambra

2023 it may be your turn to rule this country

Under APC

You are Good
Re: Sad News: Governor Willie Obiano Mourns Dr. Alex Ekwueme by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 9:30am On Nov 20, 2017
The federal government killed the innocent man, they promised to take him abroad only for them to abandon him.

1 Like

Re: Sad News: Governor Willie Obiano Mourns Dr. Alex Ekwueme by Evablizin(f): 9:31am On Nov 20, 2017
cry

Rest on sir.

Chai Oke Osisi Adago.

1 Like

Re: Sad News: Governor Willie Obiano Mourns Dr. Alex Ekwueme by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 9:31am On Nov 20, 2017
sarrki:

Under APC

You are Good
Send me your cv, I got somewhere to fix you
Re: Sad News: Governor Willie Obiano Mourns Dr. Alex Ekwueme by sarrki(m): 9:32am On Nov 20, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

Send me your cv, I got somewhere to fix you

Uncle I don't need that

Give me a virgin land to farm

Thanks my friend
Re: Sad News: Governor Willie Obiano Mourns Dr. Alex Ekwueme by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:33am On Nov 20, 2017
sarrki:

Under APC

You are Good
As far as he does not decamp to apc,we are okay,Anambra is APGA.
Re: Sad News: Governor Willie Obiano Mourns Dr. Alex Ekwueme by sarrki(m): 9:34am On Nov 20, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
The federal government killed the innocent man, they promised to take him abroad only for them to abandon him.

What ?

Whao

I am short of words

Having said that

I think this system need refurbishing
Re: Sad News: Governor Willie Obiano Mourns Dr. Alex Ekwueme by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 9:35am On Nov 20, 2017
sarrki:

Uncle I don't need that

Give me a virgin land to farm

Thanks my friend
grin
Re: Sad News: Governor Willie Obiano Mourns Dr. Alex Ekwueme by sarrki(m): 9:36am On Nov 20, 2017
HIGHESTPOPORI:
As far as he does not decamp to apc,we are okay,Anambra is APGA.

Nigeria is greater than Anambra

So far he's a citizen of this country

He can do as entrenched in the constitution

He will do better

We trust him

Its not about party politics most of us do

We (progressives )do individual politics

I mean performing individual across party line

That's what makes us different from enemies of the state
Re: Sad News: Governor Willie Obiano Mourns Dr. Alex Ekwueme by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:38am On Nov 20, 2017
sarrki:

Nigeria is greater than Anambra

So far he's a citizen of this country

He can do as entrenched in the constitution

He will do better

We trust him

Its not about party politics most of us do

We (progressives )do individual politics

I mean performing individual across party line

That's what makes us different from enemies of the state
But you knw he performed and was campaigning for tony Nwoye?
Re: Sad News: Governor Willie Obiano Mourns Dr. Alex Ekwueme by sarrki(m): 9:40am On Nov 20, 2017
HIGHESTPOPORI:
But you knw he performed and was campaigning for tony Nwoye?

Please refer to where I have supported nwoye

I challenged you

I have been an obiano since 3 years ago

Quote me now

Or remain silent
Re: Sad News: Governor Willie Obiano Mourns Dr. Alex Ekwueme by Young03(m): 9:40am On Nov 20, 2017
hmmm
Re: Sad News: Governor Willie Obiano Mourns Dr. Alex Ekwueme by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:42am On Nov 20, 2017
sarrki:

Please refer to where I have supported nwoye

I challenged you

I have been an obiano since 3 years ago

Quote me now

Or remain silent
Go to your own thread and read the fake results you posted there,who were you supporting? Facts and Figures that show the election wasn't boycotted
Re: Sad News: Governor Willie Obiano Mourns Dr. Alex Ekwueme by sarrki(m): 9:45am On Nov 20, 2017
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Go to your own thread and read the fake results you posted there,who were you supporting? Facts and Figures that show the election wasn't boycotted

Bring it up bro

I only attested to figures of voters

That Igbos have failed God and Igbos miscreants, Igbos occultist, Igbos criminals and fake Igbos Jews on the it at home instructions
Re: Sad News: Governor Willie Obiano Mourns Dr. Alex Ekwueme by sarrki(m): 9:46am On Nov 20, 2017
HIGHESTPOPORI:

I challenged you to post where I supported Nwoye

Bring it up or remain silent
Re: Sad News: Governor Willie Obiano Mourns Dr. Alex Ekwueme by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 20, 2017
sad
Re: Sad News: Governor Willie Obiano Mourns Dr. Alex Ekwueme by mccoy47(m): 9:57am On Nov 20, 2017
May he RIP

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Protest Against APC /buhari - Nigerians No More Amused / PDP May Lose In 2019 because of Impunity - Ifeanyi Ubah, Fires Peter Obi / 2019: Obasanjo Blasts Governors Endorsing Buhari For Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.