Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,300 members, 7,881,103 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:28 PM

Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? (26836 Views)

Why Do People Do This After The Death Of Their Parents? / Wife Ties Up Her Husband In Calabar, Attempts To Suffocate Him On Women’s Day / "I Had 19 Kids With 10 Women But Didn’t Marry Them" Kenyan Man Tells Court (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Ernesthugo(m): 6:43pm On Nov 20, 2017
pocohantas:

They do it not just to their family, but friends too.
A guy will tell his friend he is broke, same guy will send 10k to a girl for transport to come visit him. All for sex...

Their manhoods and brains are not wired to work at the same time, that's why.
is that ur hookup amount? Omo T1NDeR
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by MaryBenn(f): 6:43pm On Nov 20, 2017
Frenchfriez:
The last thing I'd do is spend more on a lady than the least I'd spend on any member of my family

Na so una go talk grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Mcanie: 6:44pm On Nov 20, 2017
We don't give ladies money they will say we are stingy, now we give them money they are saying it is irresponsible. It is well o .
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Rubbiish(m): 6:44pm On Nov 20, 2017
lndigene:
Taking care of parents or any human at all, is honourable. But going forward my response may be a little bit of the trend. Firstly l think taking care of family, refers to immediate family, that is wife and children. On the other hand it may be extended to others based on the degree of resources available and the kind of relationship you may have had of them growing up.
Secondly, some parents are evil, this is hard to believe but it is a fact of life. The greater your distance from them, the better for your future.
That child that u are spending so much on that made u see your parents as evil will also distant himself from u & see u as evil when u are aged. Only then u will understand how it feels like to be abandoned by ur child....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by pocohantas(f): 6:48pm On Nov 20, 2017
nelsonebby:

my own brother did the same thing to me.
he got a new iPhone 7 for his girlfriend.
I asked him small cash to repair my infinix
he said he has no money.
this happened last year.
since then I don't ask him for anything again. ever..

This one is bad o.
It's not her fault, it's more of your brother's fault. Though she should also ask and observe you guys welfare, what she does with the answer or observation is what we would use to judge her. Your brother should learn how to balance both sides prior to marriage, to avoid unnecessary hate later. Just do your best for yourself, you'll be fine.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by sirjentul05(m): 6:50pm On Nov 20, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Most times it is beyond them.

If you've ever dated a girl that was bathed in the Ikpobha river or eaten Idikaikong laced with 'kopnomi' before; trust me you won't know when you'd stop picking your parent's call.

I'm talking from experience.

My friend Mmadukaanaya even steals his mother's 'Hollandis' to give Obehi's mom.
Receive sense or go and get a life, either way
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Emmaxmusic(m): 6:51pm On Nov 20, 2017
only men takes care of parent not boys
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 20, 2017
MaryBenn:

Lol, in a faceless forum like this, who I wan famz for?
As for me, its family first. How would one lady somewhere wanna put herself ahead of my family, where did she come out from? lol grin
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by eleojo23: 6:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
MaryBenn:

Mr Man, No one goes to hell, your priority becomes your wife and kids first...

Yes ma!
But you are going out of context. I am talking about 'neglect' here.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Augiiee(m): 6:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
Womanpleaser:
Male folks, you are all invited to participate in this conversation.

In all ramifications, this negative trend is quite disheartening, alarming.

After God, your family ought to be a priority.

Let me quickly share a true life story:

Jackson took his fiancee to the village for the purpose of introducing the woman he intends to marry to his parent.

She politely rejected the drinking water his parent served her bcoz it was dirty (instead went to the car to get a bottled water).

Later during the day, due to the unhygienic condition of the toilet, she politely refused to use the toilet, instead held urine in her bladder.

His parents said the lady was rude & not a marriage material.

Diz is a lady who is neat, ambitious, humble, intelligent, & responsible.

She was disappointed in her fiance bcoz he is very rich but failed to transform the lives of his poor parents.

She cut off the affair on the basis of his irresponsibility & wickedness.

Many men fall under this category.

You buy Iphone 8 for girlfriend but can't give your parents N50,000.

MEN, WHY
It is called STUPIDITY
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by zomby(m): 6:53pm On Nov 20, 2017
Blame it on the vegetable stew and sweat jollof rice
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by sonnie10: 6:54pm On Nov 20, 2017
lndigene:
Taking care of parents or any human at all, is honourable. But going forward my response may be a little bit of the trend. Firstly l think taking care of family, refers to immediate family, that is wife and children. On the other hand it may be extended to others based on the degree of resources available and the kind of relationship you may have had of them growing up.
Secondly, some parents are evil, this is hard to believe but it is a fact of life. The greater your distance from them, the better for your future.

Some parents are evil? And they did not use you to prepare porridge when you were still young and dependent on them. They fed you, changed your napkin , provided roof over your head, took you to hospital when you were sick, paid school fees etc.

They were not evil when they were doing all these right?
Now that you have money, they have become evil.
Bros, pray that your parents would not cry in secret concerning you

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by martineverest(m): 6:56pm On Nov 20, 2017
Tomorrow, some ppl will beg God to give them male children when the female are the ones that will only remember them in future
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Worksunlimited: 6:57pm On Nov 20, 2017
Coldfeet:
Why she no wash the toilet and use? Her bladder for tear sef.

She could have been the one to make him more responsible in taking care of his parents! Breaking off isn't the solution, unless she has tried to make him take better care of his parents and he refused.

Still being his wife could have made a difference in his attitude towards them.

I trip for your thinking..

Now this lady right here (Coldfeet), has her mind right...

It's out of the box thinking like this, that men are hoping to find in the ladies they seek to marry and not the types that sold their thinking faculties for one roll of sharwarma..

I do hope you are a lady though and not one of those dudes that seem to be confused about their sexuality..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 20, 2017
Coldfeet:

She could have been the one to make him more responsible in taking care of his parents! Breaking off isn't the solution, unless she has tried to make him take better care of his parents and he refused.

coldfeet you are bae.
Benita27,Pocohantas, inasmuch as you have the right to bitch around, you could have learnt to offer as little advisement as coldfeet did than making obtuse hasty generalisation about men.
It irks me whenever you hung on the FP in a manner as to poisoining the minds of the younger girls who do not deserve learning bitchery from none of you.

#NoBitchAttitude

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by JamesReacher(m): 7:06pm On Nov 20, 2017
I got Airtel #1000 for sale. Anybody?
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by engrelvis(m): 7:07pm On Nov 20, 2017
eleojo23:

What happened to family? We are talking about parents here o. The people who took care of you before the so called 'sweety' came along.

No matter how you look at it, it is not right to neglect one's parents all in the name of setting priorities.

Dnt mind dat boy.so he will nt take care of his parents because of woman.dnt worry ,he will get old one day .by d time his children abandon him,he will know how far

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by pocohantas(f): 7:07pm On Nov 20, 2017
[s]
TimeMod3:
coldfeet you are bae.
Benit a27,Pocohantas, inasmuch as you have the right to bitch around, you could have learnt to offer as little advisement as coldfeet did than making obtuse hasty generalisation about men.
It irks me whenever you hung on the FP in a manner as to poisoining the minds of the younger girls who do not deserve learning bitchery from none of you.

#NoBitchAttitude [/s]

Trash. Says the twerp who goes about calling ladies bitches and olosho. Drop your godammn sanctimonious cloak, you ain't fit to advise me. I post what I want, you don't like it...look away.

Why don't you quote all the guys who said same on FP. Na our matter you wan die on top? Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Fourwinds: 7:10pm On Nov 20, 2017
jashar:
The story though....

You can't really blame the lady na. She's not use to such environment... undecided

But @ the topic. One of my elder Bros dey do such... Go dey pay babe school fees while he no dey send 50k to awa parents.

God is watching him...
hmmm....power of snail...
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Tunks2017(m): 7:13pm On Nov 20, 2017
PARENTS must always come first before any wife, fiancee, 2nd wife, third party wife, girlfriend, side chick, baby mama, concubine etc.............. shocked
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 20, 2017
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Fourwinds: 7:17pm On Nov 20, 2017
MaryBenn:

heheheheeee....snail is wonderful
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Rapmoney(m): 7:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
Benita27:
Most guys are guilty of this. Their mum would ask for N500 and they'll say they don't have. Meanwhile, they've kept N1,000 aside to give to girlfriend.
You are right. Benita, I support you on this one wink
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 20, 2017
eleojo23:

What happened to family? We are talking about parents here o. The people who took care of you before the so called 'sweety' came along.

No matter how you look at it, it is not right to neglect one's parents all in the name of setting priorities.

And because your parents took care of you,then you assumed that everyone was taken care of by their parents?
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 20, 2017
pocohantas:
[s]

Trash. Says the twerp who goes about calling ladies bitches and olosho. Drop your godammn sanctimonious cloak, you ain't fit to advise me. I post what I want, you don't like it...look away.

Why don't you quote all the guys who said same on FP. Na our matter you wan die on top? Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
*sanctimonious? -- scratch that.
*Say what you want?-- you can but very detrimental.
*Look away-- No way!, I've got younger gurls liking & sharing the comments of some of you & which unfortunately are getting into their heads in the most ridiculous manner. How nauseating!
I can't afford to lose those impressionable gurls to bitchiness. I just can not!

#NoBitchAttitude

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by eleojo23: 7:36pm On Nov 20, 2017
euromilion:

And because your parents took care of you,then you assumed that everyone was taken of by their parents?

Finally..someone's aks me the question
I believe you know what exceptions are?

OK...bye.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by mekuso89(m): 7:39pm On Nov 20, 2017
ULSHERLAN:
Because they are womenpleasers
is mother not a woman?
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by pocohantas(f): 7:40pm On Nov 20, 2017
TimeMod3:
*sanctimonious? -- scratch that.
*Say what you want?-- you can but very detrimental.
*Look away-- No way!, I've got younger gurls liking & sharing the comments of some of you & which unfortunately are getting into their heads in the most ridiculous manner. How nauseating!
I can't afford to lose those impressionable gurls to bitchiness. I just can not!

#NoBitchAttitude

But you can afford to lose them to your stupidity?
I have never seen you post anything sensible. Just insults and wishing people ill. You're despicable. Go remove the speck in your eye first, so, you don't lose impressionable girls to dogginess.
Look who is talking? Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.

The day you're fit to talk to me, you'll know by my response.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by slimfairboy(m): 7:41pm On Nov 20, 2017
Coldfeet:

U get better brain. Oya chop knokles. . . grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 20, 2017
If they no send u the cash nao.. U go begin vex.

pocohantas:

They do it not just to their family, but friends too.
A guy will tell his friend he is broke, same guy will send 10k to a girl for transport to come visit him. All for sex...

Their manhoods and brains are not wired to work at the same time, that's why.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by pocohantas(f): 7:47pm On Nov 20, 2017
elfmann:

They no sweat d u the cash nao.. U go begin vex.

You don't have to do it at the detriment of your family. C'mon, there is something called balance. You see some guys living large in the city, but their parents are suffering in the village. It's stupidity.

Any girl that'll even watch you treat your parents that way isn't fit to be a wife. And if the guy's senses doesn't tell him this, he is an irredeemable case.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Emmanuel Arigbe-Osula: "Uwa Brown Is A Dirty Liar, Blackmailer" - Osa Osula Says / Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? / Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.