Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,555 members, 7,881,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 11:21 AM

I Need Advice,which Option Should I Go For? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need Advice,which Option Should I Go For? (568 Views)

Need Your Advice: Which IT Career To Choose / Should I Go Back To School Or Continue Working? / My I.t People In The House Pls Advice. Which I.t Career Sholud I Go For. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Need Advice,which Option Should I Go For? by aktem(m): 1:31am On Nov 21, 2017
I am a final year university undergraduate,studying mechanical engr.I will graduate with a 2:2 and for a while,i have been thinking on the general issue of unemployment,underemployment in this country,coupled with the fact that my Ggpa myt place me at a disadvantage in the Labour market.I have weighed several options and been trying to find a way to alleviate the challenges infront of me.I came across a post on nairaland just of recent on the need to have marketable skills to be relevant in the labour market and i have since then been thinking of acquiring some ICT skills..i need the guidance of experienced folks here to advice me.The options i have are:-

-Masters
-Professional course(s)
-ICT skill(s)

1)Which of these will make me really relevant and employable in the labour market?
2)which ICT skills are the most lucrative and in high demand?
Re: I Need Advice,which Option Should I Go For? by dxdiag(m): 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2017
IT is wide, find a niche you love and build on the foundation
You can go for short time professional courses while running your IT program too.
Dont forget automation through IT is the next big thing in few years from now.
Proudly Electrical/Electronic Engineer.

(1) (Reply)

Ready To Attend The FREE ICT Training That Moves And Shapes Your Career Forward? / What Do You Want To Know About Network Marketing?ask Me Anything And Be Nice Pls / Fresh Job: Innovectives Graduate Trainee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.