Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:21 PM

States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria (11890 Views)

Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians / Lagos Leads Highly Indebted States With More Than N1 Trillion Debts / Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by AnonymousIP: 10:46am On Nov 21, 2017
BY : OGA DONALD

States with health insurance laws in Nigeria:
1. Lagos
2. Oyo
3. Ekiti
4. Delta
5. Bayelsa
6. Cross River
7. Akwa Ibom
8. Kwara
9. Abia
10. Adamawa
11. Kano
12. Anambra
13. Sokoto
14. Enugu

22 more states to go. UHC is possible!

VIA : http://www.ogadonald.com/2017/11/list-of-nigerian-states-with-health.html

cc; lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by samebony1: 10:56am On Nov 21, 2017
We should ensure that Universal Health Care coverage is extended to those working in the Organised Private Sector, OPS.
Most of these firms, especially those controlled by Indians are not providing UHC for their workers.
Anything beyond, malaria fever, the workers will be paid to pay through deductions from their salaries.

The National Assembly and the NLC should champion this cause

5 Likes

Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by free2ryhme: 12:38pm On Nov 21, 2017
Is the insurance law in these states functional

make we talk true grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by free2ryhme: 12:38pm On Nov 21, 2017
how many people have access to these laws is the question

they exist and non functional

3 Likes

Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by theunnamed: 12:38pm On Nov 21, 2017
Ok
Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by Agimor(m): 12:40pm On Nov 21, 2017
What's the essence of the whole idea when one cannot get free medication in government owned Hospital?

1 Like

Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by Royalfurnitures: 12:40pm On Nov 21, 2017
But how effective are the laws in those states or are they just on paper?

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture
Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by Franky826: 12:41pm On Nov 21, 2017
Enugu dey try as small as they are.

They almost in everything good.

Kudos

6 Likes

Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by Joephat(m): 12:42pm On Nov 21, 2017
Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 21, 2017
Useless health insurance grin
Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by iamleumas: 12:42pm On Nov 21, 2017
Sincerely, I didn't read the post but I believe the guy in red shirt is liable for the damage or what do you think?
How will someone be so demonic.??
See what buhari has caused again! cry undecided
#NaijaNawa

2 Likes

Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by 360command: 12:43pm On Nov 21, 2017
Nigeria is just a messed up place.. No good national health insurance scheme in nigeria.. The guy above me said something about private companies shud provide health insurance.. Look, as Nigerians we need a national health insurance scheme whether I work or not.. That is my right. ..

1 Like

Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by Iolo(m): 12:45pm On Nov 21, 2017
360command:
Nigeria is just a messed up place.. No good national health insurance scheme in nigeria.. The guy above me said something about private companies shud provide health insurance.. Look, as Nigerians we need a national health insurance scheme whether I work or not.. That is my right. ..

We have one called NHIS.

2 Likes

Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by adadike281(f): 12:45pm On Nov 21, 2017
Anambra is serious about that too, just that a lot of people are not interested
Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by kuntash: 12:46pm On Nov 21, 2017
draconian tactics in guise of the 1st world country approach

messing up the whole thing in the end as usual ...
Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by JohnieWalker12(m): 12:52pm On Nov 21, 2017
Please can someone list the benefits of this health insurance
Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by Alday: 12:57pm On Nov 21, 2017
free2ryhme:
Is the insurance law in these states functional

make we talk true grin grin grin

Exactly my point. In the case of Anambra, the governor claims the source of funding will be 'free-will donations' and government grants.

I enquired if the government grants mean a Single payer system, they didn't know the hell what I meant.
Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by sacramento1212: 12:57pm On Nov 21, 2017
Imo state nko?
Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by SmartchoiceNGR: 1:17pm On Nov 21, 2017
Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by Pavore9: 1:25pm On Nov 21, 2017
How informed are majority of Nigerians when it comes health insurance especially those in the informal sector?
Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by vani86: 1:52pm On Nov 21, 2017
Iolo:

We have one called NHIS.

I manage and work in a private hospital in Anambra, when i first started, was very surprised at the number of people registered with NHIS that come to the hospital because we are participants in the programme.

i was really impressed that health insurance scheme is slowly kicking off in Nigeria and it works.

my biggest problem with NHIS is that

1) they will give you their own drug price list and medications, which is lower than what we charge everyday patients, not taking into account, fluctuations in drug price in the market.

2) Even though we adhere to their price list, most often than not, when their bill is sent to them, they will never pay the full amount.

The Chief medical director is considering pulling out of the scheme from next year, he don't really need them, merely joined cuz of the novelty in the programme.

Banks dont argue with the bills we send when their staffs come for surgeries and treatment, they pay straight up.

1 Like

Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by Kendroid: 2:06pm On Nov 21, 2017
Who ever added Abia to this list is either Cwezy or about going Cwezy angry cry
Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by SmartchoiceNGR: 2:13pm On Nov 21, 2017
Kendroid:
Who ever added Abia to this list is either Cwezy or about going Cwezy angry cry

Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by Kendroid: 2:15pm On Nov 21, 2017
[quote author=SmartchoiceNGR post=62582715][/quote]

Izdah d Cwezy being
Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by CallMeNJay: 5:52pm On Nov 21, 2017
Wicked Problem

!!
Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by Iolo(m): 9:06pm On Nov 21, 2017
vani86:

I manage and work in a private hospital in Anambra, when i first started, was very surprised at the number of people registered with NHIS that come to the hospital because we are participants in the programme.

i was really impressed that health insurance scheme is slowly kicking off in Nigeria and it works.

my biggest problem with NHIS is that

1) they will give you their own drug price list and medications, which is lower than what we charge everyday patients, not taking into account, fluctuations in drug price in the market.

2) Even though we adhere to their price list, most often than not, when their bill is sent to them, they will never pay the full amount.

The Chief medical director is considering pulling out of the scheme from next year, he don't really need them, merely joined cuz of the novelty in the programme.

Banks dont argue with the bills we send when their staffs come for surgeries and treatment, they pay straight up.

Valid points you raised. These are management issues anathemic to Govt managed initiatives across board.

Do you work with HMOs as well? I believe they also are under the NHiS framework.

1 Like

Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by TijaniAbu: 1:31am On Nov 23, 2017
The OP should have put the date each state passed the law.
Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by Visionwriter: 4:52am On Nov 23, 2017
360command:

If you are not working, how do they pay for the healthcare? Somebody is going to have to pay for the medication you will get, pay the doctor that went through 10 years of medical school and residency, not to talk of other equipment that were built and transported by people that were actually working. You have a right not to be unreasonably refused healthcare. But you don't have a right to get those things for free. From anybody including government. Every time you get something for free. SOMEONE ELSE is paying for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by dumodust(m): 5:04am On Nov 23, 2017
Agimor:
What's the essence of the whole idea when one cannot get free medication in government owned Hospital?
health insurance doesnt mean free healthcare... no where in the world is health care free, most european countries deduct monthly from your salary just the same way you pay tax then it seems to be 'free' when you are sick cos you dont pay out of pocket. really needed in nigeria
Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by dumodust(m): 5:08am On Nov 23, 2017
Alday:

Exactly my point. In the case of Anambra, the governor claims the source of funding will be 'free-will donations' and government grants.

I enquired if the government grants mean a Single payer system, they didn't know the hell what I meant.
really crazy... the govt backed public healthcare in anambra is dead. they dont know what they are doing. free will donatios? hahahaha
Re: States With Health Insurance Laws In Nigeria by 360command: 7:33am On Nov 23, 2017
Visionwriter:

If you are not working, how do they pay for the healthcare? Somebody is going to have to pay for the medication you will get, pay the doctor that went through 10 years of medical school and residency, not to talk of other equipment that were built and transported by people that were actually working. You have a right not to be unreasonably refused healthcare. But you don't have a right to get those things for free. From anybody including government. Every time you get something for free. SOMEONE ELSE is paying for it.
you seem to focus more on the working class, you and I know we are in a country of unemployment.. So there is a need for govt to "subsidize" various drugs or health delivery service.. If we do have a good NHIS, I can go to the govt or private hospital as long as they accept my NHIS card and not someone or some hospital focusing on me if I work...

Look chairman, in one way or the other, I have a right for free medical service that is why the "govt" exist.. Go to advance countries and I will tell you that some people get medicare for free.. Even as a foreigner people sometimes enjoy benefit from free health care.. You can't tell me I don't have a right.. If I don't have right, what of people seeking asylum.. Is it not free service they enjoy...

What are you talking about?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obama's 2018 Favourites List: Chimamanda Adichie, Mandela, Chinua Achebe Named / Sheriffdeen: "Lagos, Osun, Ekiti, Oyo, Ondo, Ogun carry debt burden of N1.04tr" / Kogi West: Yahaya Bello Congratulates Smart Adeyemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.