Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,152 members, 7,890,889 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:12 PM

Post Graduate Studies In The Us, Uk Or Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Post Graduate Studies In The Us, Uk Or Canada (633 Views)

Britain Or Canada? / Visa Exempt Countries For US, UK and Schengen Permit Holders / Yankee (us), Jand (uk) Or Canada (?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Post Graduate Studies In The Us, Uk Or Canada by AnEnigma(m): 8:30pm On Mar 24, 2010
I thought of posting this in the career section but I thought it better that there will be people more experienced in these things over here. Now its a very common knowledge in Nigeria now that jobs are hard everywhere and I wanted to throw up a thread that will at least guide people looking to go abroad to do their post graduate studies and at least gain very good working experience abroad before coming back to Nigeria.
The only survey I have been able to really do is for the UK, I have found out that 9 out of 10 graduates, post graduates I mean now do not get jobs with good experience or even get jobs at all, the reasons for this from most of them is that they lack experience or maybe because of the pecking order for getting jobs in the UK.

As for the US, I really dont know what it is like same goes for canada, so I am hoping that people who have experienced these things can give us first hand knowledge of what the system in these countries are like so people going will have an idea of what they are going into.
Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Home Away From Home Hotel At Its Cheapest / Reduce Debt / Are You Looking For Hotels In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.