Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,720 members, 7,969,099 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 07:32 PM

HND /BSC Dichotomy ... - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / HND /BSC Dichotomy ... (2345 Views)

FOCUS: One Year After, NSCDC Ignores Directive On HND, Bsc Dichotomy / Lagos Oil Company HND/Bsc Graduate Positions (=N=400K Monthly) / Service Center Agents Needed Urgently [HND/Bsc Only] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HND /BSC Dichotomy ... by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 21, 2017
Recently a friend of mine who works in one of the federal government parastatal/ministry told me that every staff both Bsc and Hnd now receives same salary at entry level....

Pls how true is this ... Any civil servant to validate this claim.. Cos he even showed me his pay slip to prove

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HND /BSC Dichotomy ... by Nobody: 12:14am On Nov 22, 2017
Pls people help me on this
Re: HND /BSC Dichotomy ... by lokoventurex1(m): 2:36am On Nov 22, 2017
Well, I'm hearing this for the first time. If it turned out to be true,then it's a welcome development.

We HND graduates have suffered too much from employers. I was going to write about my experience with a recruiting firm that almost dealt with me. It's high time we started to protest, maybe in Lagos first that they should stop using HND as contract staff.

I understand our employers in Nigeria uses the BSC holders too as contract staff, but on rare cases. If they will continue to use HND graduates as a back up staff to the Bsc holders, then they should scrap Polytechnic.

This is the greatest challenge I've. Many a graduate trainee test i couldn't write because they would always say minimum should be 2.1(BSC). If you tend to upgrade and get a bsc part time programme, employers will say they don't want bsc programme that ran on part time. Diamond Bank does this a lot.

Does that mean people that went to Polytechnic are second class citizens? People are too quite on this issue.

Constructive criticism abeg.

3 Likes

Re: HND /BSC Dichotomy ... by Chuksmonika(m): 4:52am On Nov 22, 2017
Damiriel:
Pls people help me on this
,it is true,Federal government of Nigeria has put a stop to that madness called HND/Bsc,To me HND and Bsc are equal,if i own a company,and wnt to recruit,i will welcome holders of both qualifications,that is why we are backward,...to me HND and Bsc are the same,if u put them to tests,most times,HND holders floor their Bsc counterparts

3 Likes

Re: HND /BSC Dichotomy ... by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 22, 2017
Chuksmonika:
,it is true,Federal government of Nigeria has put a stop to that madness called HND/Bsc,To me HND and Bsc are equal,if i own a company,and wnt to recruit,i will welcome holders of both qualifications,that is why we are backward,...to me HND and Bsc are the same,if u put them to tests,most times,HND holders floor their Bsc counterparts

Sir did you speak with evidence.... I mean do you have someone who is involved
Re: HND /BSC Dichotomy ... by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 22, 2017
lokoventurex1:
Well, I'm hearing this for the first time. If it turned out to be true,then it's a welcome development.

We HND graduates have suffered too much from employers. I was going to write about my experience with a recruiting firm that almost dealt with me. It's high time we started to protest, maybe in Lagos first that they should stop using HND as contract staff.

I understand our employers in Nigeria uses the BSC holders too as contract staff, but on rare cases. If they will continue to use HND graduates as a back up staff to the Bsc holders, then they should scrap Polytechnic.

This is the greatest challenge I've. Many a graduate trainee test i couldn't write because they would always say minimum should be 2.1(BSC). If you tend to upgrade and get a bsc part time programme, employers will say they don't want bsc programme that ran on part time. Diamond Bank does this a lot.

Does that mean people that went to Polytechnic are second class citizens? People are too quite on this issue.

Well , bro private companies can do what ever they wish.

My concern is for the government.. I hear they have put the two certs as one in terms of both salary and promotion

Re: HND /BSC Dichotomy ... by galax1: 7:35am On Nov 22, 2017
Let me tell u the the truth ,the problem has not always been the starting point but as u grow u stop at level 14 y the bsc continue to his peak ,theN wen u do ur pgd n want to convert they won't convert u directly they will take u a step back.I know both hnd and bsc start on d same level n salary.but I heard without proof that its been removed and as a hnd graduate u can grow above level 14. More grace man I advice u do ur pgs also

1 Like

Re: HND /BSC Dichotomy ... by Chuksmonika(m): 7:50am On Nov 22, 2017
Damiriel:

Sir did you speak with evidence.... I mean do you have someone who is involved
i can tell you that those in the military,Nigeria airforce,Nigeria army and Navy place HND holders and Bsc holders on the same level and salary scale,recently government gave an order that the paramilitary and ministries should also put a stop to that bsc and HND wahala,though i havent confirmed Yet,but i can tell you correctly that such doesnt exist in the military,weda HND or Bsc,you will be in the same rank and salary
Re: HND /BSC Dichotomy ... by Chuksmonika(m): 7:55am On Nov 22, 2017
galax1:
Let me tell u the the truth ,the problem has not always been the starting point but as u grow u stop at level 14 y the bsc continue to his peak ,theN wen u do ur pgd n want to convert they won't convert u directly they will take u a step back.I know both hnd and bsc start on d same level n salary.but I heard without proof that its been removed and as a hnd graduate u can grow above level 14. More grace man I advice u do ur pgs also
i want government to put a stop to it in the private sector as well,it is so annoying when they put up advert,and say only Bsc should apply,if the want to take Hnd,they put them below bsc Holders,it is only in Nigeria such things happen,and it is not Good,most Bsc holders are not better than HND holders
Re: HND /BSC Dichotomy ... by femi4: 8:27am On Nov 22, 2017
Damiriel:
Recently a friend of mine who works in one of the federal government parastatal/ministry told me that every staff both Bsc and Hnd now receives same salary at entry level....

Pls how true is this ... Any civil servant to validate this claim.. Cos he even showed me his pay slip to prove
yes its true but from level 11, there will be separation of men from boyz . You will just be adding steps and not grade level

1 Like

Re: HND /BSC Dichotomy ... by chyna4luv: 10:30am On Nov 22, 2017
lokoventurex1:

Hello my man,

I understand your plight but the truth remains that, the dichotomy between HND and BSc holders will never end because this has been in existence for decades. I have both qualification. I suffered humiliation from my BSc colleagues in the office two years backward simply because I had HND. HND guys were contract staff even if you have spent years with the firm there is no conversation for you while BSc are used as our managers, supervisors and full staff.

I and my HND colleagues cried, protest, we even wrote to the management but nothing was done. The management said that it is the firm's policy that HND can only be a junior/contract staff while BSc is for senior staff. This discrimination and segregation was so much in my office that I can see it openly, "if you don't like it, go and die". Funny enough, we the forbidden(HNDs) are the ones doing all the work in the office while BSc guys are just lounging, when I couldn't bear the shame anymore, I just took a bold step last year January and enroll for BSc. So I have got my BSc with strong 2.1. If I had used the study method I adopted during my HND, I would have made distinctions.

What they do in the University is lecturing, while in Polytechnic is teaching(break it into pieces so that you will know it). I will not mention the name of the school I obtained the BSc. There is this course I did in my HND1 first semester, it was a calculative course, I was surprised when they introduced it in my BSc finals. Guess what? The lecturer could not break it down properly students were complaining about his course. I used my HND1 handout to prepare myself for his exam and I made an A.

Furthermore, in the federal government job if you are an HND holder, the highest level you can attain is level 14 except you have a BSc certificate. How did I know? During my BSc, I came in contact with some guys in my department who was also running the BSc but with HND. Those guys works in the federal government and they told me that the dichotomy is also affecting them. I saw Matured men and women running the conversion programme with me because of the discrimination between both qualification.

My advice is, please try to go for the conversation programme. I know it won't be easy but it will safe you from this dichotomy syndrome. There are some schools that will admit you into 300level if your HND is upper credit.

I rest my case.

Jah bless.

Chyna.

4 Likes

Re: HND /BSC Dichotomy ... by Akalia(m): 4:34pm On Nov 22, 2017
chyna4luv:

Hello my man,

I understand your plight but the truth remains that, the dichotomy between HND and BSc holders will never end because this has been in existence for decades. I have both qualification. I suffered humiliation from my BSc colleagues in the office two years backward simply because I had HND. HND guys were contract staff even if you have spent years with the firm there is no conversation for you while BSc are used as our managers, supervisors and full staff.

I and my HND colleagues cried, protest, we even wrote to the management but nothing was done. The management said that it is the firm's policy that HND can only be a junior/contract staff while BSc is for senior staff. This discrimination and segregation was so much in my office that I can see it openly, "if you don't like it, go and die". Funny enough, we the forbidden(HNDs) are the ones doing all the work in the office while BSc guys are just lounging, when I couldn't bear the shame anymore, I just took a bold step last year January and enroll for BSc. So I have got my BSc with strong 2.1. If I had used the study method I adopted during my HND, I would have made distinctions.

What they do in the University is lecturing, while in Polytechnic is teaching(break it into pieces so that you will know it). I will not mention the name of the school I obtained the BSc. There is this course I did in my HND1 first semester, it was a calculative course, I was surprised when they introduced it in my BSc finals. Guess what? The lecturer could not break it down properly students were complaining about his course. I used my HND1 handout to prepare myself for his exam and I made an A.

Furthermore, in the federal government job if you are an HND holder, the highest level you can attain is level 14 except you have a BSc certificate. How did I know? During my BSc, I came in contact with some guys in my department who was also running the BSc but with HND. Those guys works in the federal government and they told me that the dichotomy is also affecting them. I saw Matured men and women running the conversion programme with me because of the discrimination between both qualification.

My advice is, please try to go for the conversation programme. I know it won't be easy but it will safe you from this dichotomy syndrome. There are some schools that will admit you into 300level if your HND is upper credit.

I rest my case.

Jah bless.

Chyna.
your points sound valid sir. Please if I may ask, do you know some schools by names that run the conversion programme?
Re: HND /BSC Dichotomy ... by telleyway: 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2017
I am also interested to know about this
Re: HND /BSC Dichotomy ... by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 22, 2017
Lalasticlala

Please help some young nairalanders make a decisive futuristic choice ...

Please
Re: HND /BSC Dichotomy ... by chyna4luv: 9:09pm On Nov 22, 2017
Akalia:
your points sound valid sir. Please if I may ask, do you know some schools by names that run the conversion programme?

Cc: Damiriel , beshiman , telleyway

Hello Sir, I'm sorry, I won't mention any here o. I got to know this on nairaland in Education section. However, there is one in Cotonou all you need is just four semesters and you are done with BSc.

You may visit education section in nairaland for search.

Jah bless.

Chyna.

1 Like

Re: HND /BSC Dichotomy ... by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 22, 2017
chyna4luv:

Cc: Damiriel , beshiman , telleyway

Hello Sir, I'm sorry, I won't mention any here o. I got to know this on nairaland in Education section. However, there is one in Cotonou all you need is just four semesters and you are done with BSc.

You may visit education section in nairaland for search.

Jah bless.

Chyna.

That should be 2yesrs ??
Re: HND /BSC Dichotomy ... by chyna4luv: 9:36pm On Nov 22, 2017
Damiriel:

That should be 2yesrs ??

Yes ma'am! Some schools here, you will spend 3years irrespective of your grade in HND but not less than lower credit. But there are some coded schools here, all you need to spend is four semesters only and you are done, if only your HND grade is upper o.

Jah bless.

Chyna.

1 Like

Re: HND /BSC Dichotomy ... by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 22, 2017
chyna4luv:

Yes ma'am! Some schools here, you will spend 3years irrespective of your grade in HND but not less than lower credit. But there are some coded schools here, all you need to spend is four semesters only and you are done, if only your HND grade is upper o.

Jah bless.

Chyna.

I have distinction
Re: HND /BSC Dichotomy ... by esoboy875(m): 7:00pm On Nov 24, 2017
chyna4luv:

Hello my man,

I rest my case.

Jah bless.

Chyna.
What about those that have done PGD program?
Re: HND /BSC Dichotomy ... by galax1: 11:35pm On Nov 24, 2017
Fallacy bro just last year u went 4 ur bsc......U can lie oh one year 4 bsc.?...U said some truthfully tins n now painted it with lie....chai.....I am done with my pgD,preceded 4 my masters n wat ever u are saying depends on u.Don't say it will never end because it has ended

1 Like

Re: HND /BSC Dichotomy ... by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
galax1:
Fallacy bro just last year u went 4 ur bsc......U can lie oh one year 4 bsc.?...U said some truthfully tins n now painted it with lie....chai.....I am done with my pgD,preceded 4 my masters n wat ever u are saying depends on u.Don't say it will never end because it has ended

How long did ur PGD last.

And what do you think about the question in the topic
Re: HND /BSC Dichotomy ... by Demmtek(m): 7:43am On Nov 25, 2017
Akalia:
a lot of private university do for me bells university ota offers a cheaper one 180k for 2years
Re: HND /BSC Dichotomy ... by Akalia(m): 8:05am On Nov 25, 2017
Demmtek:
a lot of private university do for me bells university ota offers a cheaper one 180k for 2years
ok, thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Teachers Urgently Needed In A School At Magboro, Ogun State. / West African Examinations Council - Waec recruitment 2019 / Recruitment: Special Public Work Employment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.