Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,159 members, 7,890,922 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:19 AM

Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers (6638 Views)

One Of Jonathans Achievements By Jimi Agbaje Source: AIT News / Ohanaeze-ndigbo-sharing-of-jonathans-n5-billion-endorsement-gift-creates-more-cr / A Reminder Of Jonathans's Legacy Of Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by cpatra(f): 7:56pm On Mar 25, 2010
History repeating itself. Na wah oo
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by 4Play(m): 8:57pm On Mar 25, 2010
na_so:

^^^^^^^^^^
Dont be carried away by this Aganga's CV O. Nigerians are known for cooking up impressive resumes and when they get on the job, their performance fall  far short of the expectattions. Remember the impressive CV of TOM Isegohi of Transcorp and his awful performance?

What in that short profile of Segun Aganga is ''cooked up''?
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by Avenir(m): 9:53pm On Mar 25, 2010
Abu-Maryam:

In my opinion Jonathan is preparing for 2011, it started from the removing of NSA sarki Mukhtar, he wisely choosed Gusau, whereas Gusau is a focal point of IBB and OBJ. what i mean choosing Gusau will buy him a favourable hand from Babangida who still have political influnces. which he has succeeded. in a pretencious move he removes Micheal Aondoaka, the movement gives some credit to Jonathan. Now that Jonathan has scrapped the federal excutive council and brought people that are his alike, tell me what will happen?? In a sharp- sharp way the ministers will declare Yar'adua incapacitated.
When this is achieved the next bulk step is to remove Vincent ogbulafor for chairmanship of PDP, then PDP National Excutive council with Obasanjo as head of board of trustees will quickly dis-associate itself with Ogbulafor's statement when he saJonathan will not be given 2011 presidential ticket". There will be jeers and ranting from the north, but Gusau will serve for that, he willl be telling IBB we are in the government nothing will happen. A new campaing to keep Jonathan with the affairs of the state beyond 2011 will be kick up, All those that are circulating rumours of the coming back of Yar'adua are prophets of Doom.Jonathan has come to stay beyond 2011.

I quite agree. The list only tells me that Jonathan is preparing for 2011. The inclusion of Josephine Anenih is to buy Anenih’s support (in addition to the grandfathers already bought into the project). The joker will be Murtalla Yaradua who I believe will be given a very visible post. The guy is a young man, about 35, I presume. He will be very happy to become Jonathan’s running mate! Checkmate!
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 25, 2010
Musa Sada: Technocrat, also know in the civil societ circles as a hard dedicated worker and go getter. Musa Sada will most likely be in charge oh Hosuing and Urban Development where it is expected that he will use vast experince in attempting to bring aa solution to the endless housing crisis due to his civil society experince. He is also a former Finance Commissioner Under Governor Shema of Kastina State

Mrs Josephine Anneih: Former Wife of Chief Anthony Annieh: Josephine Anenih Anenih is the former National Woman Leader of the People's Democratic Party in Nigeria. She also co-founded Women Foundation Nigeria (WFN) with two women representing the other political parties in Nigeria. WFN creates opportunities for Nigerian women to network on global women's issues and works to empower women for increased participation in the political process. They also monitor women's contributions to the political landscape and encourage women's activism. Anenih and her colleagues attended a workshop on "The Internet and Women's Democratic Organizing" at Michigan State University with a group of eight women from Africa. she sits on the board of many charities including Egoo Bekkee FOundation for Cancer Prevention. She has also been consistent and committed in pursuing issues around women development

Prof Ruquai Rufai: Not much is known about the former Education Commisooner of Jigawa state but she comes across as a Professional and Achiever considering that she is one of the few female Professors in the North. Her Husband is also a lecturer and holds a PH.D which makes her story more amazing. She is married with 5 children

Sen Olasukumi (Immediate past Minister of Youth Development): The former Minister who will likely be reassigned to the Youth Ministry. The former Minister who was bes known for breaking the cabal in the Youth Development Sector the National Youth Council. The Youth Council which was hijacked by a group of Professional youths received and shared allocations, foreign trips and all funds for youth projects. The Minister Initiated and implemented a policy where only young people who ran Visisble Organizations engaged in development projects will recieve Allocations from the Federal Ministry. This gave birth to the Coalition of youth in Development (visit www.youngstarsfoundation.com to sign Charter if you run a registered youth organization working in development).
The Minister also Adopted the Nigerian Youths Top twelve awards where Deserving young Nigerians in every field of Development Such as ICT, Child Development, Environmental protection etc are awarded for their contribution to National Development. (Yours Truly won the Innugural Edition with the Best Project on child development for 2009)

More tommorrow, I no well, my drugs are kicking in
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by switch411(m): 12:46pm On Mar 26, 2010
Nice move by the acting president
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by 2tait: 12:58pm On Mar 26, 2010
I hope you guys wont end up having analysis paralysis. That list will not achieve anything. Truly if only 5 of the ministers perform, Naija will be well for it.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by otukpo(f): 1:00pm On Mar 26, 2010
I am happu Udenwa and Egwu names are not there.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by thompsons: 1:10pm On Mar 26, 2010
Why was demola seriki not re-appointed?wasnt he good enough?Na wa o.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by thompsons: 1:35pm On Mar 26, 2010
[I am happu Udenwa and Egwu names are not there]
Y are u happy?because they are not your uncles.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by candylips(m): 3:22pm On Mar 26, 2010
Why are you people over-hyping Segun Aganga.
His profile makes it look like he is the MD of Goldmach Sachs but he is not.

He is probably just an MD in a group in Goldman.

Most global Investment banks have hundreds of MDs in charge of little groups within the bank. only difference is that these groups can be very large and global in scope
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by marocguy(m): 3:28pm On Mar 26, 2010
I wonder what Mrs fidelia njeze is doing there again. Sullivan chime could hav produced som1 else from his senatorial district instead of reurnin this dull, inactive and ever "minister of state" sit don dey look woman dat just go there n watch others play d stage. Enugu politicians n former ministers aren neva this dumb. I wasnt happy when i saw her on d list,seriously. Unless goodluck knws her berra.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by JUO(m): 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2010
in case if u guys don't know he is going to be the president come 2011, there is nothing u can do about that
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by otawa: 6:13pm On Mar 26, 2010
in case if u guys don't know he is going to be the president come 2011, there is nothing u can do about that

prob is not in who becomes President but what the person will do to improve life of NIGERIANS!
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by jemmyvibe: 7:24pm On Mar 26, 2010
@ Aisha2

I hope your drugs haven't kicked in! Please give us accurate links.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by soldee: 7:45pm On Mar 26, 2010
If history is anything to go by, then Jonathan lost the presidency the day he desired it. The seat of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria belongs to the Dark Horse - and he always emerges at the last minute. EVERYONE who has ever 'expressed interest' in ruling Nigeria is either dead or cursed and consumed with the desire to rule. Even OBJ didn't want it when he was 'selected' in 1999, and he failed woefully in his infamous Third Term bid. Zik, Murtala, Gowon, Obj of '7?, Shagari, Ibb of '86, Buhari of '83, Shonekan, not sure about Abacha' story (hints anyone?), Abdulsalam, OBJ of '99, UMYA, 2011?

Then check out Shehu Yar'Adua, MKO Abiola, Buhari of today, IBB of today, OBJ of today, and a host of others living with the all-consuming cancer of 'One day, I will be King (again)'. They just cant stop themselves and will poison and destroy everything in their path - slowly but surely. Most of them are hiding under the cloak of 'Kingmaker' but their evil desires still shine through.

I find it odd that Jo will surround himself with these same sharks who can barely conceal their hunger for the Presidency: Aliyu Gusau, T.Y. Danjuma, IBB, OBJ. These same guys have made some very memorable DESPERATE moves to 'reign' or 'reign forever'. And he's even letting them select cabinet members for him!

Come 2011, the desperate moves will again be deadlocked and we will have another 'Dark Horse'!

Bad pooh-litics if you ask me, but who am I to talk. For this one, I'm taking a ring-side seat.  cool
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by mbulela: 8:58pm On Mar 26, 2010
In the present circumstances, apart from political reasons, what other reasons can one adduce for all these ministerial crap?
This guy should have just stuck to the perm secs, micro manage them using the PAC, face electoral reforms,strengthen EFCC and jump start power inadequacies and damn 2011.
instead he has created a bloated cabinet that will not achieve much, will loot a lot and complicate the political space in the country.
I did not expect much from him in the first place but i had lingering hope that he will disappoint me.
Alas!!
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by Echidime(m): 9:50pm On Mar 26, 2010
All these ministers should include in their Cv's,secret cult they  belongs to if really they want to be taken seriously,while hiding it and presenting empty papers as CV grin grin grin

I think is time politicians come out clean to us,so we know who is really who,or what do you guys think
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by metalgong5(m): 9:54pm On Mar 26, 2010
Having gone through most of the opinions on this thread, I can only say that Nigerians are really weak when it comes to political analysis and predictions.
As for the ministerial lists, I didnt percieve any fresh aura emanating from it. The acting president just re-appointed the old beltway boys and girls who had been part of the establishment.
I'm also trying to figure out the reaon why PDP leadership of my home state, Anambra, deemed it fit to select Mrs Anenih using our slot. What is her political antecedants?In what capacity has she pushed the agenda of Ndi-Anambra ? I just see her appointment as a reward for the role she played during the failed OBJ third term project. It also shows that Anambra PDP leadership is bereft of ideas and good intention for Anambra peope.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by arogbowei: 11:08pm On Mar 26, 2010
Hmn! Same old song, same old trick. They are all buying time, postponing the uprising of the proletariat, but it will surely come upon us all.

As for the list, i will wait until ministries are eventually allocated.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by cooljade(f): 11:49pm On Mar 26, 2010
I know the man Chris Ogiemwonyi. He, until forcefully retired by the present GMD of NNPC was the longest serving staff, 34 years. He was supposed to be the right person for the GMD's position in addition to being an engineer. But trust Nigerians as Rilwan Lukman fixed his boy Barkindo.

He has headed several parastatals and was the immediate past chairman of Nigerian Gas Association. He is a very hardworking and honest person. he improved communities in edo state from his salary as a staff in NNPC.

I pray he becomes the minister of petroleum cos he surely knows his onions around the industry.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by deanozone: 6:41am On Mar 27, 2010
That list is not pure at all,i think he has some dark motives.i was expecting something better from him.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by Jaylone(m): 8:13am On Mar 27, 2010
His hands are tight. No one can be in that place and not do like he did or worse still with the level of moral and crooked orientation in the country
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by Kx: 8:57am On Mar 27, 2010
The nominee I have doubts on is the combination of names' Muttalab Yaradua,
If that guy,with those names is made the minister of foreign affairs,then
I bet,the west wont enter into dealings with a terrorist name.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by Engineer96(m): 11:16am On Mar 27, 2010
In as much as we try to condemn Jonathan for most of the nominees, we should have it in mind that these people were nominated by different people just as OBJ nominated Jubril Marthins-Kuwye whose wife Obasanjo has not hidden his romantic love for even before he became President and it appears that the man ( KUye) has used his wife as a charm for OBJ.
secondly, Remi Babalola was nominated by the corruptible Alao-akala of Oyo State and so on.
These people were not actually Jonathan's nominees and we cannot tell him to ignore these peoples nominees and don't forget, in politics there are people you must not toy with otherwise your political career will be ruined. However, he can ask questions about these nominees from these Govs and co. For example, Fidelia Njeze being nominated by my Governor is a good for nothing woman and so you would ask is there no better person from Enugu state. This is what GJ is faced with.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by Chestan(m): 11:17am On Mar 27, 2010
his ministry is ok, but coome to think of it, his name suppercide him or is it some thing else. if i could recall, he started from the root with his good lucktill it get him to where he is, thank God for him and his luck

Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by Musiwa: 12:13pm On Mar 27, 2010
My real name is Adesegun and not becomerich.
someone ask me a question the other time. Look I am from two state lagos/ondo. youngman i know naija politics pass you walahi. Look some of the people in government , use to write on my website. some of the article used then include central bank governor and some governor, minister ( this was before they became big men) and others. It was call NigeriaONE.com

When wikipedia started , I was one of the main writter, wikipedia is on the top 10 website in the world. Go and ask the owner of wikipedia. Wikipedia is worth close to $5 billion or more.

I use to run   .

Even if you dont know, I am one of the reason , why nairaland have not gone down, I make sure it never went down. He would have given up. so that why I write everyday in the last 5 years, because I did not have time to moderator the other website. I have cross millions several times , going from coast to coast in over 190 countries my voice have been heard by millions of people with other website.  So do you think I am popular now, my friend.
Let me tell you, why , Pastor solomon Odita ( RCCG) many years, wanted me to use my real name on the redeemed church website. He gave me a reason to do.  I use to write a daily devotion, which all over the world people read. redeemed  have million church members.  Go and add thier statistics too. So young man, you can see , how many people know me. I am laughing over here.  So we are talking millions of people. Look at nairaland alone. over 6 million IP user in 1 month. Do the calculation for 5 years. How many people have seen my ideas and believers. In one years it means 72 million people. So what do you think. Not to boast young man, since the bible does not allow me to do that. I am among nigeria 10 top computer expert.
So give me small credit, my brother.

let me help you out.

Look at the people he picked from the south east, they are all igbo and female.( danger sign in nigeria politics) . It is not  thier gender, but the fact they should mix it with men. This people have to go into battle with men in the state. And you know and I know, how igbo men are. They are most proud men in Nigeria. He already gave up the battle for the south east. So problem number 1.   

2. Prof. Dora Akunyili (Anambra)
9. Chukwuemeka Ngozi Wogu (Abia)
10. Josephine Anenih (Anambra)
27. Fidelia Njeze (Enugu)

problem 1 a , picking two women from anambra state, Igbo most populated state is not a very good idea. With Ojukwu, Obi, Ngige,Uba there.

Problem 2:  He did not pick a yorubaman, satellite pictures show the yorubas are the largest ethnics group. The governor is igalla.  Problem number 2 for him.

Mohammed Bello Adoke (Kogi)
29. Arch Nuhu Soho Wya (Kogi)

Problem number 3 : How do you feel other families in Kastina state feel at the moment. They would not like it. They would believe is it the yar adua family that is the only family in kastina state.

14. Alh. Murtala Yar’Ádua (Katsina)

Problem 4:  The last name, you already read somuch why she should not be on the list by other people.

10. Josephine Anenih (Anambra)

Problem 5:  The last name, you already read somuch why she should not be on the list by other people.

Problem 6: Picking aganga, an unknow person from lagos which no one have ever heard about, and someone who have never any politics opinion about any nigeria issue, not popular to battle fashola/ tinubu.   again. To battle Tinubu/fashola. I am going to say it again. To battle fashola/tinubu. And again to battle fashola/tinubu. Do that make sense to you. ? fashola is building a city on the sea.  Ask yourself , do you think he stand even 1% chances, No. Lagos is the heart of nigeria. A win in lagos means so much.

21. Olusegun Olutoyin Aganga (Lagos)

18. Mrs. Josephine Tapgun (Plateau)

Problem 6    Go watch documentary about corruption in Nigeria, that link her to it. International community would not like that.

2. Prof. Dora Akunyili (Anambra)

Problem 7     heavy weight in the north can floor them.

13. Alhaji Suleiman Bello (Zamfara)
11. Labaran Maku (Nassarawa)
26. Abubakar Sadiq Mohammed (Gombe)
3. Yusuf Suleiman (Sokoto)
4. Prof. Ruqaiya Rufai (Jigawa )
22. Prof. M.K Abubakar (Kebbi)
23.Alhaji Adamu Waziri (Yobe)
24. Alhaji Umar Aliyu (Taraba)

Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by IYANGBALI: 2:56pm On Mar 27, 2010
why is my name missing?when would this old cargoes leave the stage for young,agile and vibrant people like me? hisses and walks away
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by ladi02(m): 3:11pm On Mar 27, 2010
Becommrich tell them jare!, they dont know how popular you are
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by Musiwa: 4:42pm On Mar 27, 2010
No mind him. A hollywood star was curious,   how I look like. that should tell you a story.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by Beaf: 5:07pm On Mar 27, 2010
Musiwa:

No mind him. A hollywood star was curious,   how I look like. that should tell you a story.

Problem 6: Picking aganga, an unknow person from lagos which no one have ever heard about, and someone who have never any politics opinion about any nigeria issue, not popular to battle fashola/ tinubu. again. To battle Tinubu/fashola. I am going to say it again. To battle fashola/tinubu. And again to battle fashola/tinubu. Do that make sense to you. ? fashola is building a city on the sea. Ask yourself , do you think he stand even 1% chances, No. Lagos is the heart of nigeria. A win in lagos means so much.

Ol' boy! Take your medicine!
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by pcicero(m): 5:18pm On Mar 27, 2010
, a tale told by an idiot,
full of sound and fury,
yet signifying nothing
, Williams Shakepeare

It's a rubbish list.
@ Jarus:
Jega, Agbakoba et al are being tipped to take over from Iwu, not Farida. I don't think she has finished serving her term.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by ibabalol: 8:01pm On Mar 27, 2010
walahi, this country is hilarious, president is sick, next
vice president whose tenure is supposed to be
temporary, comes and
start sacking and appointing his own ministers?
don't this seem weired or does Jonathan know
something about the president that the rest of
us don't
what will happen if he shows up this afternoon and
wants his position back
should we expecting to hear something like " thanks goodluck
for changing my cabinet for me?"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Things To Learn From Japan / PHOTOS: Beggers In Front Of National Mosque When Buhari Came To Pray / INEC Recruiting APC Members As Adhoc Staff 4 Edo 2016 Gubernatorial Election:PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.