Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,431 members, 7,964,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 08:01 PM

The New Nigerian Army Language Policy Will Benefit Igbos More Than Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New Nigerian Army Language Policy Will Benefit Igbos More Than Others (546 Views)

Igbos More Concern On Our Status In Nigeria Than Igbo Presidency – Prof. Nwosu / Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army / Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Nigerian Army Language Policy Will Benefit Igbos More Than Others by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 22, 2017
The New Nigerian Army Language Policy Will Benefit Igbos More Than Others. Yes I'm Igbo but I'll be honest, this policy will give Igbos upper hand than the rest of other tribes because on average, Igbos in comparison to their Hausa and Yoruba counterpart...I'll address other tribes in the third paragraph... are more in SW and North compared to Yorubas and Hausas are in the SE. Igbos in SW, on average speak Yoruba in addition to their native tongue. And likewise, Igbos in the North speak Hausa in addition to their native language.

Understand me correctly, I'm not saying that there are no Hausa or Yoruba that speak 2-3 of these languages, nor have the ability to learn them, no that's not my point. My point is Igbos are already at an advantage than Hausa and Yoruba, and the rest of other tribes. I say this because, I don't want another hatred for Igbos to start when they dominate the Army that others simply because you foolishly favored them because they are scattered all over Nigeria, and at such they speak more languages than others.

And lastly, other tribes who are not Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa, are worse off because they will have to learn all three languages in addition to their own language. This is discrimination, and I want other tribes not Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa to object this discriminatory policy.
Re: The New Nigerian Army Language Policy Will Benefit Igbos More Than Others by otino(m): 12:53pm On Nov 22, 2017
what does d police stipulates
Re: The New Nigerian Army Language Policy Will Benefit Igbos More Than Others by Bari22: 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2017
Igbo languages is heading to extension but they can't understand a simple way to revive the soul of their language
Re: The New Nigerian Army Language Policy Will Benefit Igbos More Than Others by wiseEast: 1:00pm On Nov 22, 2017
Igbos want Biafra not military

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Response To Festus Keyamo Accusing Atiku Of Jumping Party / 2019: How Can PDP Bounce Back When Treasury Was Looted During Their Reign? –kalu / President Buhari Reveals How His Government Saves The Nation N25 Billion Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.