Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,343 members, 7,891,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:35 PM

''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye (80866 Views)

He Told His Tailor To Sew Ebuka's Style But Got This (photos) / Celebrities React To Ebuka's Outfit To Chef Fregz & Lala Akindoju's Wedding / Ebuka Obi-Uchendu's Agbada: Ugo Monye's Instagram Followers Skyrockets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by Akolawole(m): 6:10pm On Nov 23, 2017
Airforce1:
Jealous people

They've brought tribalism into these because the slayking is from the East.

Why are these people so jealous of the Easterners

It's quite unfortunate to say this kiss

Having clean mind is very profitable bro!
Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by Femsyn(m): 6:11pm On Nov 23, 2017
When you air an unpopular but verifiable opinion, they call it jealousy or beef. The fact remains that is not an agbada. Call it something else, but that is definitely not an agbada! Be it "Yoruba or Hausa agbada".

If you ask me, I'd say Femi has given the designer a grand opportunity for him to name the design himself.

3 Likes

Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by diadem10: 6:17pm On Nov 23, 2017
SHAKABOOM:

Hahahahahaha! I gave yu hard facts..Which other proof do yu want yu dis feral GOAT.
Oni,Oba of lagos ad other yoruba kings didn't wear agbada in those dayz..They wore wrapper ad beads..Ibadan ad ilorin pipu were the first to copy agbada ad ride on horses after they copied it from dia neighbors..SIMPLE

How come the Ijebus were already wearing Agbada made with Aso Oke before the British came?

Funny enough is all this your useless baseless rant is still better than being found unclad in the bush like Ibo ancestors were found!

1 Like

Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by victorazyvictor(m): 6:18pm On Nov 23, 2017
hotwax:

Femi admired his wear. Its you hate filled jealous igbo ,....that does not want to hear the word "yoruba" you will be behaving like barking dog.

1 Like

Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by SHAKABOOM: 6:24pm On Nov 23, 2017
diadem10:

What's this one saying? Lol..

Oba should start wearing agbada? Wetin my eyes no go see. Agbada are occasion wears! Are you really that dumb or what?

I repeat the Hausa/Fulanis don't own agbada. They can't even afford to put on such on their camel and horses with which they used for their Jihad. Moreover, majority of the Hausas were slaves in Oyo empire until Afonja granted the run away Hausa slaves refuge in Ilorin and also brought over his Fulani friend (Alimi) to make charm for him!

Why am I even responding to someone whose history was recorded as being found naked in the bush by the british.

Who is dis slot?Most of the advanced technology yu guys used back in the days where all copied from hausas,nupes ad fulanis,namely Horse riding,use of gold ad silver,Ur mode of dressing.(AGBADA INCLUSIVE) etc
Yu most be a joker to say hausas couldn't afford agbada..Sum of the richest states in west africa dose days were kano ad SOKOTO.
They were known as far as timbuktu,sudan,morroco, Egypt etc.So who are yu to say that the pipu dat introduced agbada to yu guys couldn't afford it. angry

3 Likes

Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by diadem10: 6:27pm On Nov 23, 2017
SHAKABOOM:

Who is dis slot?Most of the advanced technology yu guys used back in the days where all copied from hausas,nupes ad fulanis,namely Horse riding,use of gold ad silver,Ur mode of dressing.(AGBADA INCLUSIVE) etc
Yu most be a joker to say hausas couldn't afford agbada..One of the richest state in west africa dose days were kano ad SOKOTO.
They were known as far as timbuktu,sudan,morroco, Egypt etc.So who are yu to say that the pipu dat introduced agbada to yu guys couldn't afford it. angry

Lol.

Who's claiming Horse riding? Lol..

Facts is we were never found in the bush! The British found the Ijebus folks with fantastic Aso Oke which we still hewn today compared to your naked ancestors in the forest! We have been making Agbada with Aso Oke before your ancestors even know what a cloth is!

2 Likes

Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by SHAKABOOM: 6:28pm On Nov 23, 2017
diadem10:

How come the Ijebus were already wearing Agbada made with Aso Oke before the British came?

Funny enough is all this your useless baseless rant is still better than being found unclad in the bush like Ibo ancestors were found!
The ijebus copied the yorubas that copied it from the northerners..The ancestors of the ijebus wore wrapper ad beads before they copied the yorubas in ibadan ad ilorin.

2 Likes

Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by IgalaSchool: 6:29pm On Nov 23, 2017
Honestly that thing doesn’t look like a real agbada.

It looks like something that will trend for 6 months then everyone will go back to normal Agbada wear.

To know if I am right, ask yourself if you can imagine your dad or even people wearing that to a real, flexing Owambe

Ccc.
Ojochonu

2 Likes

Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by diadem10: 6:30pm On Nov 23, 2017
SHAKABOOM:

The ijebus copied the yorubas that copied it from the northerners..The ancestors of the ijebus wore wrapper ad beads before they copied the yorubas in ibadan ad ilorin.

Lol. The Ijebus were never under Oyo empire! So what useless things are you saying lol.
Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by EvilMetahuman: 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2017
[s]
SHAKABOOM:

Hahahahahaha! I gave yu hard facts..Which other proof do yu want yu dis feral GOAT.
Oni,Oba of lagos ad other yoruba kings didn't wear agbada in those dayz..They wore wrapper ad beads..Ibadan ad ilorin pipu were the first to copy agbada ad ride on horses after they copied it from dia neighbors..SIMPLE
[/s]
Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by SHAKABOOM: 6:35pm On Nov 23, 2017
diadem10:

Lol.

Who's claiming Horse riding? Lol..

Facts is we were never found in the bush! The British found the Ijebus folks with fantastic Aso Oke which we still hewn today compared to your naked ancestors in the forest! We have been making Agbada with Aso Oke before your ancestors even know what a cloth is!
If una like make una sow agbada with sack of garri na yu know..The fact is that yu guys copied agbada upnorth..That I sow jalamia with any material I like dosent make my tribe the real owners of jalamia.

3 Likes

Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by diadem10: 6:39pm On Nov 23, 2017
SHAKABOOM:

If una like make una sow agbada with sack of garri na yu know..The fact is that yu guys copied agbada upnorth..That I sow jalamia with any material I like dosent make my tribe the real owners of jalamia.

Lmao.. How did you think that an Ijebu man who's disconnect with any Hausa man would have come up with agbada? Lol.

How do you even expect the Hausa men to have been able to hold their bows and spears on their horse while wearing agbadas for their Jihad? Lol. Some of you Ibos are dead brain.

Moreover, it's of recent that the Hausa started wearing anything close to agbada. They prefer their buba and soro instead!

1 Like

Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by Eziokwu1: 6:42pm On Nov 23, 2017
My own worry is that this will distract Igbos from wearing their OWN cultural wears like Ishi Agu / Akwa Ocha, wrapper- E.tc, just because they want to prove a point that Ebuka’s Agbada is fine.
Thereby relegating the status an already overlooked real Igbo cultural wear even more.

Why can’t we instead, be having a trending national argument about which Ishi Agu pattern is the most beautiful? undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by Cioupre(f): 6:48pm On Nov 23, 2017
Oga, did he ever tell you he's Yoruba by tribe?? Continue wearing your old Yoruba agbada,as you like am reach.. We grow with time.. We refuse to be stagnant..
Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by SHAKABOOM: 6:53pm On Nov 23, 2017
diadem10:

Lol. The Ijebus were never under Oyo empire! So what useless things are you saying lol.
Stop talking like a kid..Who asked yu if they were under oyo or not..That the ibos borrowed sum culture from dia neighbors ad dia neighbors borrowd from ibos doesn't make them under ibos,or ibos under them.Eg ibos ad efik,Efik ad ibibio,ibibio ad ibos.
The ijebus must have copied ibadan ad ilorin tru trade ad inter marriage.

2 Likes

Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
Airforce1:
Jealous people

They've brought tribalism into these because the slayking is from the East.

Why are these people so jealous of the Easterners

For this your comment, am sorry for all the wrong and negative comments I have ever said about you from my heart. I will never sub you again. I love it when my people slay Afonjas.

Naturally hateful and envious of Igbo people. Ndi Ala!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by diadem10: 7:01pm On Nov 23, 2017
SHAKABOOM:

Stop talking like a kid..Who asked yu if they were under oyo or not..That the ibos borrowed sum culture from dia neighbors ad dia neighbors borrowd from ibos doesn't make them under ibos,or ibos under them.Eg ibos ad efik,Efik ad ibibio,ibibio ad ibos.
The ijebus must have copied ibadan ad ilorin tru trade ad inter marriage.

Which stupid inter marriage? Lol. It was the British that brought the Efik, Ibibio close to the Ibos 'cos your ancestors were found in the forest climbing trees and building hamlet far away from one another because they were afraid of people, even of their kins!

Did you even know what is meant by an Aso Oke? It's the overall top cloth worn above the inners!

Aso Oke (read as Ah-Shaw-Okay) means top cloth. These are the dresses woven by the Yoruba men in Nigeria. Men’s aso oke dresses are called agbada. We have to understand that there are 3 main types of aso oke dresses: Alaari, Sanyan and Etu.

Yoruba have been wearing Aso Oke as Agbada before Ibo were even known on mother earth.

1 Like

Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by AFONJACOW(m): 7:01pm On Nov 23, 2017
see painment , Yoruba people always carried that envious tribalistic self centred Awolowo lifestyle everywhere they go

2 Likes

Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by sojikul(m): 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2017
The designer need to be given an award
Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by ZorGBUooeh: 7:13pm On Nov 23, 2017
diadem10:

Which stupid inter marriage? Lol. It was the British that brought the Efik, Ibibio close to the Ibos 'cos your ancestors were found in the forest climbing trees and building hamlet far away from one another because they were afraid of people, even of their kins!

Did you even know why what is meant by Aso Oke? The overall top cloth worn above the inners!

Yoruba have been wearing Agbada as Aso Oke before Ibo were even known on mother earth.
Guy are you not ashamed?You no get shame sef?See as you dey claim another man culture ad the guy don bombard yu with fact..your crew don abandon you ad you still dey here dey yarn dust..
Oduduwa was a wrapper tying satanist who had no knowledge of agbada..You should be thankful to the northerners for giving you guys agbada.

1 Like

Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by Djtrips: 7:16pm On Nov 23, 2017
diadem10:

Did you even know what is meant by an Aso Oke? It's the overall top cloth worn above the inners!

This is all so sweet[code][/code] kiss kiss

Yoruba have been wearing Aso Oke as Agbada before Ibo were even known on mother earth.
Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by diadem10: 7:24pm On Nov 23, 2017
ZorGBUooeh:

Guy are you not ashamed?You no get shame sef?See as you dey claim another man culture ad the guy don bombard yu with fact..your crew don abandon you ad you still dey here dey yarn dust..
Oduduwa was a wrapper tying satanist who had no knowledge of agbada..You should be thankful to the northerners for giving you guys agbada.

Lol! Which stupid facts? The Hausa can't even lay a claim to it because they've just recently started wearing anything close to an agbada.

In fact, I be proper Ondo child! As a matter of fact, you dare not have any occasion without your proper Aso-Oke on top of your inner wears in my town. We don't even recognise the use of the same materials to sew your inner wears as Banky W did. You have to put on a proper Aso Oke on your inner wears and that has been our culture from time memorial as we are close to the Ijebus in Ogun state and no Jihad ever happened in our place! It's the Hausa that's even copying us now because they were okay with their buba and soro not until recently that they started using the same material to sew an agbada on top of their soro and buba. Check most Hausa marriage, you will hardly see them wear an agbada until recently.
Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by SHAKABOOM: 7:30pm On Nov 23, 2017
diadem10:

Yu nor get talk..Now I know say ibo man wearing agbada wey una no get dey pain una,I dey run go sow my agbada with isi agu material tomorrow mor mor..If im pain yu go hang urself. tongue

1 Like

Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by diadem10: 7:38pm On Nov 23, 2017
SHAKABOOM:

Yu nor get talk..Now I know say ibo man wearing agbada wey una no get dey pain una,I dey run go sow my agbada with isi agu material tomorrow mor mor..If im pain yu go hang urself. tongue

Lol! Your folks turned it to something else the moment they tribalised on the front page because Femi branch actually praised the Tailor's work but it's just that it aint an agbada and the reason why he should put a name to it!

We decided to give to you "fire for fire" the moment you tribalised it! And yea, we own the agbadas!

2 Likes

Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by ZorGBUooeh: 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2017
diadem10:

Lol! Which stupid facts? The Hausa can't even lay a claim to it because they've just recently started wearing anything close to an agbada.

In fact, I be proper Ondo boy! As a matter of fact, you dare not have any occasion without your proper Aso-Oke on top of your inner wears in my town. We don't even recognise the use of the same materials to sew your inner wears as Banky W did. You have to put on a proper Aso Oke on your inner wears and that has been our culture from time memorial as we are close to the Ijebus in Ogun state and no Jihad ever happened in our place! It's the Hausa that's even copying us now because they were okay with their buba and soro not until recently that they started using the same material to sew an agbada on top of their soro and buba. Check most Hausa marriage, you will hardly see them wear an agbada until recently.

Ondo boy did ur fore fadaz wear agbada?
Leave the agbada talk ad go ad sleep.
Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by vicben27(m): 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2017
aspirebig:

Who be this?

Wetin concern the topic and girl?

mission accomplished I don't discombobulate ur brain. kimono is a popular attire worn in Japan, by single women( "gesha"wink who have devoted their life's to serving men! "sushi" is a special meal over their too! his abgada as a little resemblance to the kimono
Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by Iamozzy: 7:44pm On Nov 23, 2017
cool,kul nice one i hav a feeling u an history student, am historian too
Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by SHAKABOOM: 7:45pm On Nov 23, 2017
diadem10:

Lol! Your folks turned it to something else the moment they tribalised on the front page because Femi branch actually praised the Tailor's work but it's just that it aint an agbada and the reason why he should put a name to it!

We decided to give to you "fire for fire" the moment you tribalised it! And yea, we own the agbadas!
The malians,niger pipu ad the northerners own agbada.Shikena

1 Like

Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by diadem10: 7:45pm On Nov 23, 2017
ZorGBUooeh:

Ondo boy did ur fore fadaz wear agbada?
Leave the agbada talk ad go ad sleep.

What's this one talking about? We have various aso oke as agbadas at home, including old ones!

I ask again do the Hausa wear agbadas in each of their weddings as the Yorubas do?

1 Like

Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by Ejomax77(m): 7:50pm On Nov 23, 2017
This is agbada made in Campbridge.
Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by diadem10: 7:52pm On Nov 23, 2017
SHAKABOOM:

The malians,niger pipu ad the northerners own agbada.Shikena

Funny enough, the Northerners hardly wear agbadas until recently and even today, most would still choose to go with their soro and buba on their weddings unlike the Yorubas!

You're just envious! No be we send your ancestors!

2 Likes

Re: ''This Is Not Agbada'' - Femi Branch To Ebuka & His Tailor, Ugo Monye by Mercyclaire: 7:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
hotwax:
It was an agbada party..but someone from the east decided to spoil the party. Awon omo Ale. Stay off our cultural agba..idiot tribe
Useless being.. He didn't spoil it....he only showed you how move from darkness to light..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hushpuppi And Blac Chyna Visit The Fame Park In Dubai / Kingtblakhoc And Friends Assaulted By Policemen After Mistaken For Yahoo Boys / The Italian Minister Maria Boschi Exposes Her Underwears During Her Swearing In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.