Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,310 members, 7,907,738 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 01:41 PM

Most Popular Foods In Nigeria That Will Make You Beg For More - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Most Popular Foods In Nigeria That Will Make You Beg For More (789 Views)

Why Do People Beg For Money On Nairaland / High School Student Gets Naked On Instagram Live To Beg For Views And Followers / Tribes In Nigeria That Celebrate Nudity And Goes Naked In 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Most Popular Foods In Nigeria That Will Make You Beg For More by Hintboy: 1:04pm On Nov 23, 2017
Nigeria is a blessed country. We are blessed with diverse rich culture and food. Nigerians both at home and the diaspora always love their food because of how unique and delicious it is. You are free to add to the list because this list is based on my research. Feel free to salivate…. It’s allowed.
RICE AND STEW
This happens to be my second favourite meal funny enough. It is called Sunday food by most people because although people prepare rice and stew on a normal day, it is most commonly prepared on Sundays.
The rice is boiled white and served with stew made from tomatoes and other ingredients. I did a research on how different people prepare stew and it turns out that there are different ways of making stew.
But 70% of Nigerians prepare is with tomato, onion, vegetable oil/palm oil. It’s definitely one of the most popular foods in Nigeria.
POUNDED YAM
Pounded yam is one of the most popular foods in Nigeria. What Nigerian man hates pounded yam? We don’t joke with our pounded yam.
It is best served with delicious soups like ukazi soup, eguisi soup, ogbono soup, oha soup, afang soup, I can go on and on but I am pretty sure you get the picture I am trying to paint.
Where I come from, the yam is pounded together with plantain and palm oil. Eat this dish I doubt u will be hungry for hours because it is filling. It is called onunu.
BEANS AND DODO
Beans and dodo is one of the most popular foods in Nigeria. Dodo is also called fried plantain. Ask most guys now in Nigeria what their best meal is, they will gladly tell you it is beans and dodo.
I was shocked when I was watching an interview on tv, a South African that visited Nigeria was asked his favourite meal in Nigeria and he said beans and plantain.
Read more @
http://www.hintword.ga/2017/11/most-popular-foods-in-nigeria-that-will.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

New Market Owerri Goes Up In Flames, Demolished (photos) / Cash Prize For Song With Highest Downloads On Mygospelmusicworld.com In 2018 / Protest At Total Egina FPSO Project Site Over Maltreatment Of Nigerian Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.