Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,830 members, 7,872,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:02 PM

Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion (25810 Views)

US Submarine Hits ‘Object’ While Underwater In South China Sea / China Unveils Deadly New Anti-submarine Drone( Pics, Video) / Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion by Viula(m): 7:53pm On Nov 23, 2017
RIP sailors. #marine Engineer#we keep the ship sailing#still proud to be a mariner
Re: Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion by theapeman: 7:53pm On Nov 23, 2017
please disregard this new for there haven't yet any confirmation of the missing crew.

only an explosion was pick up by an seismic activities near the suspected area were the submarine was last found .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion by free2ryhme: 7:56pm On Nov 23, 2017
eleojo23:

So, only you booked the first three spaces sad

take this to help you relax
Re: Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion by theapeman: 7:57pm On Nov 23, 2017
Goahead:
Is this a click-bait? Cos on BBC News where this article was drafted from did not mention the explosion killing the crew.
seriously! nairaland has started putting up false information.

seun! order your boys and that snake addicted moderator to bring down this rubbish thread for there haven't yet no confirmation of the missing crew.
Re: Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion by Elfaris(m): 7:59pm On Nov 23, 2017
Wait o, what is going on? this one that US,Chinese,Russians warships are colliding and Argentinean submarines are exploding hope all is well.
Re: Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 23, 2017
Teewhy2:
So sad, Some jobs have high risk . Make GOD dey watch us from all this occupation hazard.

Typical afonja, doesn't like taking risk like Igbo men. SMH
Re: Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion by billyG(m): 8:06pm On Nov 23, 2017
Argentina has a sub?
Re: Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion by stilldoingokay(f): 8:12pm On Nov 23, 2017
Mrkumareze:
If.no be devil, wetin person dey look for under water in the name of submarine .

hahaha

I don't think those develop countries get work self.
Re: Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion by Reference(m): 8:42pm On Nov 23, 2017
free2ryhme:
Instead of explosion, more likely an implosion at crush depth after a systems failure.

That will not produce such an acoustic signature loud enough to be detected from afar except if it set off stored munitions. I hope it is not another hydrogen peroxide wahala such that sunk the Kursk.... because it likely to be a russian built boat.
Re: Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion by micktoxin(m): 8:46pm On Nov 23, 2017
free2ryhme:
Instead of explosion, more likely an implosion at crush depth after a systems failure.
The withstand pressure of a typical submarine is a lot higher than what is required to cause what you just said. Even more so for the said location.
Re: Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion by free2ryhme: 8:52pm On Nov 23, 2017
eleojo23:

So, only you booked the first three spaces sad

i dey my house come and beat me
Re: Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion by Chukazu: 9:04pm On Nov 23, 2017
I read the story on BBC a few hours ago,it never said they were killedundecided

@IshiLove hope this report is not based on sapele water shocked
Re: Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion by Chukazu: 9:14pm On Nov 23, 2017
Reference:

That will not produce such an acoustic signature loud enough to be detected from afar except if it set off stored munitions. I hope it is not another hydrogen peroxide wahala such that sunk the Kursk.... because it likely to be a russian built boat.

the talk explosion had nothing to do with any acoustic sounds, nobody heard any noise,it was purely based on search carried out in the area of last scene
Re: Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion by Cannonleo(m): 9:22pm On Nov 23, 2017
free2ryhme:
correct analysis

I forsee a loss of power would lead to a failure in closing the ballast tanks opening leading to a continuous inflow of water, then a continuous dive in which the dive plan cannot be retracted for stability then pressure at huge depths, bending of metal, ruptures then asphyxiation
Re: Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 23, 2017
free2ryhme:

The life of a sea man unpredictable
abeg no mind this fake news. I also read the news, they said the � came from the battery subs due to a short circuit not that the whole submarine exploded. the organization also said they the crew members might still be alive
Re: Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion by reachycul(m): 9:48pm On Nov 23, 2017
Allah protect us
Re: Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion by Ishilove: 9:49pm On Nov 23, 2017
Chukazu:
I read the story on BBC a few hours ago,it never said they were killedundecided

@IshiLove hope this report is not based on sapele water shocked
'Reportedly.' They will not come out pump and plain to admit it (at least not yet, while investigation is still ongoing) One of the relatives reported what he was told by naval authorities. It's all there in the article
Re: Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion by naptu2: 12:48am On Nov 24, 2017
Ishilove:

'Reportedly.' They will not come out pump and plain to admit it (at least not yet, while investigation is still ongoing) One of the relatives reported what he was told by naval authorities. It's all there in the article

sad sad sad sad

It's just like the Kursk all over again.
Re: Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion by Ishilove: 2:47am On Nov 24, 2017
naptu2:

sad sad sad sad

It's just like the Kursk all over again.
Sadly, yes sad
Re: Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion by horlus(m): 5:17am On Nov 24, 2017
Goahead:
Is this a click-bait? Cos on BBC News where this article was drafted from did not mention the explosion killing the crew.

I was thinking same.
Re: Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion by Chukazu: 7:16am On Nov 24, 2017
Ishilove:

true...but another Ray of hope for me is the officials saying "the crew members have got one food supplies", and that one week ends this Friday embarassed
I have seen cases of Earth quake victims trapped beneath rubbles for weeks without food or water,and still survived until rescue came...so we can keep hope alive!
Re: Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion by salesforce: 9:55am On Nov 24, 2017
Oh
Re: Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion by Mbediogu(m): 5:17pm On Nov 24, 2017
free2ryhme:

You know your onions but you talked physics rather than navy science. Submarine Implosion has not been recorded since the germans broke the the submarine warfare ground with the U boat at the tail end of WW1. Modern subs have digital ballasts that refloat them once they exceed operstional dept. Such systems fail with power. The crew trying to grapple could vause short circuits that can lead to explisions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunfire And Explosions At Moscow Concert Hall In Russia / Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel / Omar Al-bashir Steps Down As Sudanese President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.