Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,927 members, 7,872,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:03 AM

Teni Entertainer: I Wrote 'Like Dat' For Davido. Fans React, Slam Her - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Teni Entertainer: I Wrote 'Like Dat' For Davido. Fans React, Slam Her (29895 Views)

Opeteola Dolapo Rocks Breast Tattoo, Fans Slam Her / Moyo Lawal's Massive Cleavage-Baring Photos: Fans Slam Her, She Replies / I Wrote Davido's "Like Dat" - Teni Entertainer Teniola Apata (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teni Entertainer: I Wrote 'Like Dat' For Davido. Fans React, Slam Her by Partreek911: 11:01pm On Nov 24, 2017
so many lawyers here. una welldone o, music writing agreement lawyers. musicians write songs for each other all the time and it's public knowledge, but for naija person no fit hype im talent again. Sia wrote Diamonds for Rihana, dem no hide am. Ed Sheeran wrote little things for One direction, dem no hide am. Make Teni come hide her own talent abi. thunder kill anybody wey no want make another shine. I dey my house. coman beat me

3 Likes

Re: Teni Entertainer: I Wrote 'Like Dat' For Davido. Fans React, Slam Her by gete21: 3:02am On Nov 25, 2017
princechurchill:
The glory must be shared publicly

Last

Re: Teni Entertainer: I Wrote 'Like Dat' For Davido. Fans React, Slam Her by israelmao(m): 6:32am On Nov 25, 2017
If one writes and another sings, it is no big deal aferall we know in part. someone can't be master of all things.

1 Like

Re: Teni Entertainer: I Wrote 'Like Dat' For Davido. Fans React, Slam Her by Yinkakatty(f): 8:09am On Nov 25, 2017
This shouldn't even be an issue at all. What's the big deal if she disclosed she wrote the song. People write songs for Beyonce, Justin Bieber, Rihanna and they get credits for it. Nigerians like to blow everything out of proportion undecided

1 Like

Re: Teni Entertainer: I Wrote 'Like Dat' For Davido. Fans React, Slam Her by Arielle: 8:23am On Nov 25, 2017
I don't understand what is wrong with Nigerians. She would be extreme stupid to agree to a non-disclosure for writing a song when it is that very knowledge that will bring her more work. You people think it's a hobby? In the creative world it is your portfolio of work that you use to get other jobs. The more people know you as a song writer, and can identify your body of work, the more work you get. I'm not suprised at the comments. Lyrics have never been a strong component of recent Nigerian music so songwriters are not appreciated or acknowledged. Not even by the artists. My dear, claim your work, paid or not. Only callous Nigerians will expect to use someone's talent and expect her not to grow or progress in that field because the artiste paid her. Should it have been for free?

1 Like

Re: Teni Entertainer: I Wrote 'Like Dat' For Davido. Fans React, Slam Her by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:28am On Nov 25, 2017
40kobo77:
That's her?

She is very plenty ohh. Anyways,her fifteen minutes of fame was not used wisely.

Now nobody will want to do business with this talkative " Ghost" writer.

There is a reason you guys are called ghosts.
there is a HUGE difference between a ghost writer and a songwriter... on every song, there is the name of the person who wrote the lyrics and the one who compose the music..... the majority are paid a fee and their name would be written as the song composer/writer, and these people would be paid accordingly, everytime the song is played/used. a ghost writer on the other hand, they get paid handsomely to sell the rights to the song they wrote, and in return, the person who paid them will write HIS name as the composer writer of the song. everytime the song is played/used, the buyer will get paid not the ghost writer.

so, as you can see there is a HUUUUUGE difference between a ghost writer and a songwriter, thus thinking that this lady is automatically a ghost writer, is your mistake. any songwriter will be proud to have their song picked by a superstar, thus they will want to tell the worldabout their achievement and/or promote themselves.
Re: Teni Entertainer: I Wrote 'Like Dat' For Davido. Fans React, Slam Her by IdeyFindWife: 8:29am On Nov 25, 2017
Damn....

All mofos cussing out the gal should at least wait to know the terms of the Contract betwixt them both nah?

Abi, y'all dumbos are now suddenly gurus on the A&R + Songwiriting circuit? What if she has negotiated some attribution rights in xchange for no pecuniary gains or attribution rights plus payments only after record-sales.

Folks should really wash their brains wiv omo b4 "reacting" stewpidly to everything on SM; that's why Naija blogs and SM always dey read like one mad, meaningless, asinine, disjointed furkery that makes you wanna delete off all them bleating mofos on thread, shhhessh!

MrBrownJay1:
there is a HUGE difference between a ghost writer and a songwriter... on every song, there is the name of the person who wrote the lyrics and the one who compose the music..... the majority are paid a fee and their name would be written as the song composer/writer, and these people would be paid accordingly, everytime the song is played/used. a ghost writer on the other hand, they get paid handsomely to sell the rights to the song they wrote, and in return, the person who paid them will write HIS name as the composer writer of the song. everytime the song is played/used, the buyer will get paid not the ghost writer.

so, as you can see there is a HUUUUUGE difference between a ghost writer and a songwriter, thus thinking that this lady is automatically a ghost writer, is your mistake. any songwriter will be proud to have their song picked by a superstar, thus they will want to tell the worldabout their achievement and/or promote themselves.

Haha, nice one, MrJay, tell the illiterate sadists flaunting their id1ocy to the high-heavens despite having no other seriously meaningful achievements to their lives than existing and being able to flippantly condemn the hard-work and praise-worthy feats of others online without as much as a thought!

I've had to personally cut my NL time to like 5/10% of time spent on here except for Investments/Agriculture/Property sections because i found it no longer relaxing, educative, progressive or entertaining to just come on and be absorbing the insipid regurgitation of warped pedestrian minds! At the rate which folks come on here to yarn dust, if Seun and his mods don't do something drastic about the brand, it will soon become Dustland!

Nigerian young minds, disappointing really. You refer foreigners to NL to have a taste of the Nigerian online community and they come away at odds with you. One alleged that played a practical joke on him, leading him on, to come see the dregs of my country "wallowing in mental perambulations" and "meaningless circumlocution"! A real pity, i won't even try that again!!

How's life, business and travels by the way?!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teni Entertainer: I Wrote 'Like Dat' For Davido. Fans React, Slam Her by Arckeen: 9:33am On Nov 25, 2017
I talk am! Naso one guy tell me say na just the first verse she compose for m grin grin grin grin
Re: Teni Entertainer: I Wrote 'Like Dat' For Davido. Fans React, Slam Her by shadrach77: 9:46am On Nov 25, 2017
Ryocaj:
It makes me wonder.. Has DavidO ever written any song himself?

He wrote "Dami Duro" kiss
Re: Teni Entertainer: I Wrote 'Like Dat' For Davido. Fans React, Slam Her by Stephens2: 10:36am On Nov 25, 2017
many musicians uses the service of song writers at some point, they work in pari-passu so its no biggie cool cool
Re: Teni Entertainer: I Wrote 'Like Dat' For Davido. Fans React, Slam Her by mondee02(m): 11:41am On Nov 25, 2017
oyb:
typical nigerian illiterates

they've never seen an original cd cover or watched a movie to the end of the credits.

Gosh, the level of illiteracy in Nigeria especially in nairaland pains me, if you read lyrics of any American musician song you must see the name of the writer under.
Re: Teni Entertainer: I Wrote 'Like Dat' For Davido. Fans React, Slam Her by mondee02(m): 11:50am On Nov 25, 2017
Tessie01:
I understand her excitement but it's unprofessional.

nothing is unprofessional there, Every American music lyrics you brows you'll see the name of the writers under but not in Nigeria, how did we know that Sia wrote diamond for rihanna, Let me love you for Neyo, beauty fades for Beyonce? did Americans ever insulted Sia for letting the world know? Nigerians especially on nairaland level of ignorance is something else.
Re: Teni Entertainer: I Wrote 'Like Dat' For Davido. Fans React, Slam Her by mondee02(m): 11:59am On Nov 25, 2017
[quote author=IForgotMyLoginD post=62684959] undecided
Nigerians and the always-quick-to-shut-someone-down mentality! Smh
I'm gonna post this here (again).

There's nothing wrong in engaging the services of song writers. Nothing shameful. Nelly and SIA have written for so many A List artistes...even if they don't loud it, it will be on wiki and the album sleeves, and will be mentioned during interviews and all. And they still get paid. It's never a favour. It's business.
It's just that naija music industry is still evolving. As long as she's a good song writer, she'll be in high demand.

Nigeria has high level of people with ignorance, if the girl hasn't announced it nobody would have known, Nigerian industry is not like the American that song writers are acknowledged in the work, especially when you brows the lyrics you'll see the names of the writers under.
Re: Teni Entertainer: I Wrote 'Like Dat' For Davido. Fans React, Slam Her by kinzd(m): 7:25pm On Nov 03, 2019
Sorry it came L.AT.E a review to your to write_up makes zero SENSE!!!
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

He buys people's songs, And sings it with a frog voice. Yet it sells, Yet he tops charts, Yet he wins/buys awards, Yet he makes good money. Yet Wizkid can't stop hating on him.
I give it to Davido. His native doctor is really good!!! His juju is 'Made in Japan'.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Davido At Sharon Adeleke's Wedding / Church Is The Worst Place To Marry, You Deceived The Guy” – Isreal Dmw’s Friend / Jennifer Obayuwana, Celebrates Birthday In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.