Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,891 members, 7,942,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 02:57 AM

Open Letter To Osita Chidoka – By Nnamdi Nwokoafor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Osita Chidoka – By Nnamdi Nwokoafor (374 Views)

Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. / Atiku, Osita Chidoka, Oyedepo, Kukah, Sheik Gumi Inside Atiku's Jet / Nnamdi Kanu Leaves Kuje Prison As Osita Chidoka Drives Him (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Osita Chidoka – By Nnamdi Nwokoafor by BuzzeeMo(m): 10:39pm On Nov 24, 2017
Dear Sir,

I was not your supporter during the election. In fact, I supported no candidate in the election. And no, I’m not one of them IPOB members. However, my indifference notwithstanding, I followed every bit of your campaign trail, thanks to your media team. And now the election is over, there are a few things that I want to say to you.

I want to say first, that I am sorry.

Sorry for not getting involved; for not supporting you. I should have. Even as you ticked all my boxes of what a good leader should be, I was too neck deep in my indifference to care. The wheels of our system here, ever running so awfully; surely you cannot blame my indifference. But then I was stung by that famous message of Bertolt Brecht that, the worst illiterate is the political illiterate…He doesn’t know that it is from his political non-participation, that the bad and corrupt leaders emerge. I should have participated; in sharing the social media posts, or in making calls and sending messages to my Anambra friends to vote for you. I should have taken action. It might have made very little impact, but one single good action outweighs all the beautiful opinions in the world.

I am also sorry that in electing their leader, the Anambra people allowed ignorance, greed, and mediocrity rule over their minds. I’m sorry that they failed you, because as lots of people have said already, they were not ready for the change you wanted to bring about. I apologise on their behalf. I feel so much pain knowing that they missed a chance to have a leader who had the skills, the will and the ideas to turn things around for good.

But you know what?

Rest assured that they heard you! Rest assured that they felt you, and rest assured that you have kick-started a new revolution of a progressive Nigeria. Watching you so gracefully make your voice heard and your presence known, with precision, integrity and purpose was even more powerful than those who had higher number of votes than you. Yes they won the election but they lost the battle; the battle for the redemption of Nigeria’s politics. It is not just about winning or losing; it is also about how you play the game.

Very few in the history of this country have been able to configure in words and ideas, the heart, hope and aspirations that drive citizens towards progress, and a higher vision of what we should be in this country, like you did. Not only did you impact Anambra State, but you launched a nationwide crusade and woke up a whole generation of people yearning for a real paradigm shift from the status quo.

You have shown us that we can be better. For that Sir, I am grateful. Thank you! I hope all our political aspirants and public office holders out there will learn from you.

Continue reading-->https://buzzeemo.com/open-letter-osita-chidoka-nnamdi-nwokoafor/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Watch: The Unity Of Nigeria Is A Prerequisite For Development - @spnigeria @buko / Exposed: Magu Of EFCC Using Operatives For Kickback From Peps / Presidency Fires Back At Atiku Says Buhari Was Never Banned From Travelling To T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.