Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,614 members, 7,911,579 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 12:45 PM

I Want To Buy A Car But I Dont Know How To Go About It, Please Help - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Want To Buy A Car But I Dont Know How To Go About It, Please Help (909 Views)

Not Common Car But Durable For Anyone That Needs A Car With A Budget Of 430k / ⚫⚫ Planning To Buy A Car❓Got The Car VIN/Chassis Number❓Run It With CarGuideNG! / Ghen Ghen I Want To Buy Car - But Which One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Buy A Car But I Dont Know How To Go About It, Please Help by agathan: 2:50am On Nov 25, 2017
I want to purchase a naija used car on behalf of my cousin who would soon visit me from abroad. The truth is that i have not done such car deal before, though am going there with a mechanic to confirm the health of the car. Please how does the paper(documents) exchange works? What and what would the seller summit to me before and after purchased of the car? How would i know if the car is genuine? Are we going to the police station or VIO to confirm the true ownership of the car? Please help me out, Thanks..
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But I Dont Know How To Go About It, Please Help by shitshappen(m): 3:50am On Nov 25, 2017
Show your cousin if he likes it then we can talk, and don't worry I imported this car myself. And used it myself

Check link below

https://www.nairaland.com/4196640/08-camry

Re: I Want To Buy A Car But I Dont Know How To Go About It, Please Help by SpinelOptions: 3:59am On Nov 25, 2017
Good morning.. We will be glad to help you with the process.. Give us a call today via 09083365385, 07056531799
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But I Dont Know How To Go About It, Please Help by Immorttal: 5:03am On Nov 25, 2017
You two have not answered the OP's question, are you that desperate?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy A Car But I Dont Know How To Go About It, Please Help by agathan: 6:07am On Nov 25, 2017
Thank You bro
Immorttal:
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But I Dont Know How To Go About It, Please Help by agathan: 6:08am On Nov 25, 2017
I just ask simple questions for direction, that's all

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy A Car But I Dont Know How To Go About It, Please Help by markj5: 6:32am On Nov 25, 2017
Call me i can help you out 08099596774 Mark
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But I Dont Know How To Go About It, Please Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:20am On Nov 25, 2017
agathan:
I want to purchase a naija used car on behalf of my cousin who would soon visit me from abroad. The truth is that i have not done such car deal before, though am going there with a mechanic to confirm the health of the car. Please how does the paper(documents) exchange works? What and what would the seller summit to me before and after purchased of the car? How would i know if the car is genuine? Are we going to the police station or VIO to confirm the true ownership of the car? Please help me out, Thanks..

its unfinished work, but might be of interest

https://www.nairaland.com/4143465/guide-buying-nigerian-used-car

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy A Car But I Dont Know How To Go About It, Please Help by Andy2274: 9:35am On Nov 26, 2017
Abeg forget all these people giving you numbers here. Most of them are fake. Go with a good mechanic, know when the person bought the car, how long they have used the car and the area they used it. Ensure the person selling the car is the real owner and ask why he/she is selling the car. Ensure the gear is working perfectly. For document, if the seller is the importer collect the customs paper but most importantly is the PROOF OF OWNERSHIP paper. Without this paper don't buy the car and make sure the name of the person is written on this document. Immediately you buy the car, with the PROOF OF OWNERSHIP paper, you can process all necessary documents. If you are in Lagos go to Ikeja behind that Shoprite / Ikeja shopping mall ask of vehicle license office and do your papers there. Let me know so that I will give you someone number that will help you do the papers.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy A Car But I Dont Know How To Go About It, Please Help by agathan: 3:28pm On Nov 26, 2017
Thanks alot. Please let me have your contact
Andy2274:
Abeg forget all these people giving you numbers here. Most of them are fake. Go with a good mechanic, know when the person bought the car, how long they have used the car and the area they used it. Ensure the person selling the car is the real owner and ask why he/she is selling the car. Ensure the gear is working perfectly. For document, if the seller is the importer collect the customs paper but most importantly is the PROOF OF OWNERSHIP paper. Without this paper don't buy the car and make sure the name of the person is written on this document. Immediately you buy the car, with the PROOF OF OWNERSHIP paper, you can process all necessary documents. If you are in Lagos go to Ikeja behind that Shoprite / Ikeja shopping mall ask of vehicle license office and do your papers there. Let me know so that I will give you someone number that will help you do the papers.
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But I Dont Know How To Go About It, Please Help by agathan: 3:33pm On Nov 26, 2017
If the seller shows me the Proof of ownership, would both of us go the vehicle license office to do the change of ownership or it is something only me can go and do or it is something the seller can do at that selling point?
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But I Dont Know How To Go About It, Please Help by Houstency(m): 3:53pm On Nov 26, 2017
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But I Dont Know How To Go About It, Please Help by Andy2274: 6:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
If he show you proof of ownership. You get the receipt from him attached to the proof of ownership the go to the vehicle license office.
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But I Dont Know How To Go About It, Please Help by Andy2274: 7:02pm On Nov 26, 2017
agathan:
If the seller shows me the Proof of ownership, would both of us go the vehicle license office to do the change of ownership or it is something only me can go and do or it is something the seller can do at that selling point?
. 07030282514
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But I Dont Know How To Go About It, Please Help by agathan: 1:30pm On Nov 27, 2017
So in essence he doesnt need to follow me to the vehicle license office right?
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But I Dont Know How To Go About It, Please Help by selfmadeboss: 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2017
Immorttal:
It's very annoying, instead of them to answer they are posting Shit, in fact let's report their useless comments

(1) (Reply)

Tokunboh 2005 Toyota Camry SOLD!SOLD!!SOLD!!! / New Auto Repair Workshop In Lekki, Lagos / Nigeria Used Prado 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.