Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,375 members, 7,978,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 09:31 PM

Atiku Abubakar..... A Personal Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakar..... A Personal Opinion (1030 Views)

Mohammed Atiku Abubakar Shares His Coronavirus Experience / Tinubu Blasted As He 'Teaches Atiku Abubakar A Lesson' At Lagos APC Rally / Osinbajo’s Statement On Magu Was A Personal Opinion – Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Abubakar..... A Personal Opinion by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 25, 2017
Good morning NLandrs

This passing week the media has been on fire with the news of atiku's defection to The peoples democratic party (PDP). You will believe with me that this is not the only news of defection within the week, with the likes of obanikoro and the likes towing same line, so why is the case of atiku causing much fuss with some tagging him a serial defector and other group seeing him as a game changer in 2019 election, which I agree with a lot of people about his person, and what am about to share is my personal opinions and findings about him

1) 90% percent of those in support of atiku's ambition come 2019(which you will all agree with me is the reason for the defection) is born out of hatred for the present administration and its head buhari. In as much it is your right to hate or love any person of your choice, but have we taken our time to check if those things that you hate in buhari are not found in him?

(A) Age: a good number of people complain Mr president is too old and should retire and rest with his family, but here you are supporting another man within the same age range to become president, don't you think he should retire now his is yet to become the president? By 2019 his excellency atiku abubakar will be around 72 yrs of age
I thought we want the youths to take over? Is he the definition of a youth? I leave you to answer that

(B) zone: he is just from same north as Mr president , most of you said are power drunk and driven or are you saying otherwise now?

(C) Religion: I believe people religion shouldn't be involved in politics but most of you disagreed saying Mr buhari will islamize Nigeria and the Muslims have Islam agenda, now you are supporting another Muslim has the islamization gone now? Or the Islam agenda no longer un existence? U will have to answer that too
agreement
2) Corruption: A good number of few accuse the president of being corrupt with no clear case yet but you are happy to support a man that has cases of corruption hanging over his neck. yes not convicted of any yet just because of our judicial system and people perceived to be above the law. But u agree amechi and the likes are corrupt even without conviction? But this one is not or his own sins is forgiven? I will allow you to answer that

(3) loyalty: Every politician is expected to be loyal to someone or party but not in the case of atiku. It is over 2 years that Jonathan regime came to an end and a lot of people has being saying one thing or the other about his administration and all that, but not for once have we seeing Namadi sambo insulting or point accusing finger to his boss that's loyalty but the case is different with His Excellency Atiku, we all know how he washed his principal obj, and how he has not being loyal to a party always ready to outshine his masters

4) greed: he has been the vice president, the daughter is the commissioner of health adamawa state(under Apc) , he is the highest titled man in adamawa after the lamido, his son is the second highest but all that don't seem to be enough

Let me summarize here by saying a person selling his dog because he don't like squatting animal in his house but goes ahead to buy a monkey has just made another mistake

I hope you can ATIKULATE that?
Let's hear from adults not kids on nairaland
My political gurus over to you

Cc: lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ngeneukwuenu
Sarrki
Nwamaikpe

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar..... A Personal Opinion by rozay12345: 9:11am On Nov 25, 2017
Good morning OP,
Thanks for taking time out to discuss some issues but your personal opinion is not well grounded.
Firstly, 90 percent of Atiku supporters do not hate the head of this administration, they only love their country more, they are tired of non-performing hypocrites. The Nigerian economy has been taken to the dogs since Buhari became president, no clear cut economic policies, lack of direction and no form of communication with the governed. The same way Nigerians wanted a change from corruption and terrorism in 2015, i think they are demanding an equal change in 2019 for better lives and economy. We are asking Buhari to give us an account of his stewardship.
On the issue of age, Atiku might be 71 but he is very young at heart, he is digital and tech savvy, i can bet you, he plays some role in his social media accounts while our analog president is not fit to lead us after 2020. The world is moving very fast and this leadership is dragging us back to the Iron age. Nigerians would not care about where a man comes from in 2019, we care about competence, here is a man who can discuss just about anything in the Nigerian sphere? do you know Atiku has a blog where he discuss Nigerian issues every week? Ethnic politics are being played by the APC by promising a section of the country the presidency after the incumbent, is this how we would enter the future? Atiku is avery liberal Nigerian. Nigeria Muslims, Christians and Animists are safe in his hands, he would not brandish a sect of islam and wage war against them, he would not be silent when Fulani herdsmen decimate the middle belt population. Nigerians are tired of hypocritical fight in corruption. It is either we get the real thing or not. I challenge Buhari to debate Atiku in 2019 and let us see who understand Nigeria better and can take us to our El Dorado.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar..... A Personal Opinion by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 25, 2017
rozay12345:
Good morning OP,
Thanks for taking time out to discuss some issues but your personal opinion is not well grounded.
Firstly, 90 percent of Atiku supporters do not hate the head of this administration, they only love their country more, they are tired of non-performing hypocrites. The Nigerian economy has been taken to the dogs since Buhari became president, no clear cut economic policies, lack of direction and no form of communication with the governed. The same way Nigerians wanted a change from corruption and terrorism in 2015, i think they are demanding an equal change in 2019 for better lives and economy. We are asking Buhari to give us an account of his stewardship.
On the issue of age, Atiku might be 71 but he is very young at heart, he is digital and tech savvy, i can bet you, he plays some role in his social media accounts while our analog president is not fit to lead us after 2020. The world is moving very fast and this leadership is dragging us back to the Iron age. Nigerians would not care about where a man comes from in 2019, we care about competence, here is a man who can discuss just about anything in the Nigerian sphere? do you know Atiku has a blog where he discuss Nigerian issues every week? Ethnic politics are being played by the APC by promising a section of the country the presidency after the incumbent, is this how we would enter the future? Atiku is avery liberal Nigerian. Nigeria Muslims, Christians and Animists are safe in his hands, he would not brandish a sect of islam and wage war against them, he would not be silent when Fulani herdsmen decimate the middle belt population. Nigerians are tired of hypocritical fight in corruption. It is either we get the real thing or not. I challenge Buhari to debate Atiku in 2019 and let us see who understand Nigeria better and can take us to our El Dorado.
I like your mature and sincere response

You agree that the present administration has achieved some progress in the case of corruption and terrorism but are relenting in the area of economy

And you will agree with me that Nigeria being a mono based economy must be affected by oil drop regardless of whom is in power? And you will also agree with me things are changing gradually, prices of goods dropping etc

U think we allow them to finish their tenure by now paying attention to the areas they are lagging behind or we try fresh young hands

Not in any way holding brief for the present administration anyway but remember they have some positive initiative like n power and others

And we shouldn't fall for what someone stand for on social media alone
Coz their opinion in practical terms may mean otherwise
Example ben bruce

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar..... A Personal Opinion by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 25, 2017
Am also thinking his ambition will still bring crises to the PDP Just like the case of momodu sheriff
Re: Atiku Abubakar..... A Personal Opinion by rozay12345: 10:16am On Nov 25, 2017
lustychima:
I like your mature and sincere response

You agree that the present administration has achieved some progress in the case of corruption and terrorism but are relenting in the area of economy

And you will agree with me that Nigeria being a mono based economy must be affected by oil drop regardless of whom is in power? And you will also agree with me things are changing gradually, prices of goods dropping etc

U think we allow them to finish their tenure by now paying attention to the areas they are lagging behind or we try fresh young hands

Not in any way holding brief for the present administration anyway but remember they have some positive initiative like n power and others

And we shouldn't fall for what someone stand for on social media alone
Coz their opinion in practical terms may mean otherwise
Example ben bruce
Thanks OP for a dignified response, the current administration has not achieve a significant progress in corruption, if you are asked to move from 0 to 100m within ten minutes and u arrive at 0.000001m after two minutes, that does not signify progress. There still remains fundamentals in corruption and economic mismanagement that this administration has refused to take by the head. On terrorism, we can give them a few points but Nigerians today understand the fundamental drive of Boko Haram, Nigerians naturally expected their grievances to die with a Buhari presidency, i am not insinuating the president has affiliation with them but deep inside us all, we know the truth. The fundamentals of Terrorism remains poverty and poor education. How has the current administration addressed that?, Nigeria being a mono based economy is understandable but Oil does not drive the country even when it earns us a lot of our forex. There is no clear cut plan to diversify the economy. Also, i would never commend the government on NPower, stuffs like these are unsustainable to me. Stimulate the economy and let graduates get the jobs they deserved.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar..... A Personal Opinion by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 25, 2017
rozay12345:
Thanks OP for a dignified response, the current administration has not achieve a significant progress in corruption, if you are asked to move from 0 to 100m within ten minutes and u arrive at 0.000001m after two minutes, that does not signify progress. There still remains fundamentals in corruption and economic mismanagement that this administration has refused to take by the head. On terrorism, we can give them a few points but Nigerians today understand the fundamental drive of Boko Haram, Nigerians naturally expected their grievances to die with a Buhari presidency, i am not insinuating the president has affiliation with them but deep inside us all, we know the truth. The fundamentals of Terrorism remains poverty and poor education. How has the current administration addressed that?, Nigeria being a mono based economy is understandable but Oil does not drive the country even when it earns us a lot of our forex. There is no clear cut plan to diversify the economy. Also, i would never commend the government on NPower, stuffs like these are unsustainable to me. Stimulate the economy and let graduates get the jobs they deserved.
well articulated once again
It is the wish of every well meaning Nigeria that the economy of Nigeria improves but we should also understand it will not be instantaneous coz I don't believe in luck

Let us not also believe with atiku every thing will fall in place, that he has d magic wand in order not to be disappointed just like some person believe everything must fall into place with buhari

And I also think Nigeria problem won't be solved with just four years

Another concern of mine is plans to address the injustice among the zones by giving the east an opportunity to contribute, will atiku do just a term?

Coz I believe in equality coz the north wanted a complete 8 yrs uninterrupted
Leadership after the death of yaradua, so will atiku do only a term? Remains another questions left unanswered calls
Re: Atiku Abubakar..... A Personal Opinion by tuniski: 12:49pm On Nov 25, 2017
lustychima:
well articulated once again
It is the wish of every well meaning Nigeria that the economy of Nigeria improves but we should also understand it will not be instantaneous coz I don't believe in luck

Let us not also believe with atiku every thing will fall in place, that he has d magic wand in order not to be disappointed just like some person believe everything must fall into place with buhari

And I also think Nigeria problem won't be solved with just four years

Another concern of mine is plans to address the injustice among the zones by giving the east an opportunity to contribute, will atiku do just a term?

Coz I believe in equality coz the north wanted a complete 8 yrs uninterrupted
Leadership after the death of yaradua, so will atiku do only a term? Remains another questions left unanswered calls
Currently, Buhari is the main problem of Nigeria!
Re: Atiku Abubakar..... A Personal Opinion by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 25, 2017
tuniski:

Currently, Buhari is the main problem of Nigeria!
and in your opinion is atiku the solution?
Re: Atiku Abubakar..... A Personal Opinion by kettykin: 2:36pm On Nov 25, 2017
Atiku might not be the best person to rule Nigeria but he is far better than buhari and his crowd of liers and bigots whose only business is to discredit pdp.

Atiku will bring the best hands to change Nigeria
Re: Atiku Abubakar..... A Personal Opinion by Goke7: 3:18pm On Nov 25, 2017
kettykin:
Atiku might not be the best person to rule Nigeria but he is far better than buhari and his crowd of liers and bigots whose only business is to discredit pdp.

Assumptions and wishful thinking

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar..... A Personal Opinion by IBBG(m): 3:47pm On Nov 25, 2017
Atiku ha sthe experience to lead nigeria, unlike buhari who is still learning on the job. Atiku will not be afraid to pick the best hands to manage nigeria no matter their affiliation, unlike the current president. What should matter most to any presidential candidate is the economy, because it affects everyone, but the current president has been treating the economy with kids gloves, i guess its because he doesn't understand the economy compared to atiku.
Re: Atiku Abubakar..... A Personal Opinion by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 25, 2017
kettykin:

best hands like who exactly?

Better in what ways,? that is what I want to know
Re: Atiku Abubakar..... A Personal Opinion by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 25, 2017
IBBG:
Atiku ha sthe experience to lead nigeria, unlike buhari who is still learning on the job. Atiku will not be afraid to pick the best hands to manage nigeria no matter their affiliation, unlike the current president. What should matter most to any presidential candidate is the economy, because it affects everyone, but the current president has been treating the economy with kids gloves, i guess its because he doesn't understand the economy compared to atiku.
experience??

I will like you to trow more light
Coz last time I checked one was a formal head of state and the other vp to boss
Re: Atiku Abubakar..... A Personal Opinion by IBBG(m): 4:27pm On Nov 25, 2017
lustychima:
experience??

I will like you to trow more light
Coz last time I checked one was a formal head of state and the other vp to boss
can you compare 8 years in the corridors of power within a democratic dispensation to two years as a military head of states? Even though it was a VP position for 8 years, thats massive.

(1) (Reply)

America Spent $500mil To Fight Taliban, Buhari Wants $1bil For Bokoharam - Gimba / I Will Kill All Muslims If You Kill Christians For Blasphemy To Prophet Mohamme / Go Home PMB! Go Home PMB!! Nigerians Don't Deserve You!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.