Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,629 members, 7,882,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 04:24 PM

ATBU Undergraduate, Dahiru Adamu Commits Suicide - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ATBU Undergraduate, Dahiru Adamu Commits Suicide (415 Views)

Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister / Schools Must Setup Isolation Centers Before Reopening - Adamu Adamu / Why We Can't Employ The ATBU Graduate Who Built Drone - VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ATBU Undergraduate, Dahiru Adamu Commits Suicide by theLegion(m): 8:43am On Nov 25, 2017
An undergraduate of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, in the early hours of yesterday, committed suicide by hanging himself on a tree.

The incident occurred at the Gubi campus of the institution along Kano road.

A student of the institution, who spoke on a condition of anonymity, said that the body of the victim was left hanging from the tree for about two hours before it was brought down .

He said: “I got to school this morning only to discover a student hanging on one of the trees in the school. As I speak with you now, his body is still hanging on the tree, and I also saw the Vice Chancellor and some management staff at the scene with an ambulance parked by the side. I believe they were waiting for the police to come.

“The deceased left his shoes and books under the tree and then hung himself. I could see them (books and his shoes) as I speak with you now.

"I don’t know the full identity of the deceased but I learnt his name is Dahiru, a 300-Level student of Wood Work Section in the Department of Technology Education. He was supposed to have been on IT (Industrial Training), but he missed going.

Confirming the incident, the Public Relations Officer of the Bauchi State Police Command , Kamal Datti, said it was the Chief Security Officer of the university that informed the police about the incident.

He said: “Our men immediately swung into action and removed the body and deposited it at the mortuary of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital (ATBUTH), Bauchi.”

He said that the actual cause of the death had not yet been ascertained but pointed out that full investigations were ongoing.

Source - https://www.veeinsider.com/news/atbu-undergraduate-dahiru-adamu-commits-suicide/
Re: ATBU Undergraduate, Dahiru Adamu Commits Suicide by klassd(m): 8:44am On Nov 25, 2017
Re: ATBU Undergraduate, Dahiru Adamu Commits Suicide by falcon01: 8:55am On Nov 25, 2017
anything that is trying to make me feel bad to the extent of committing suicide! i will just leave it. if school is making me suicidal i will drop it. if my girlfriend is making me feel suicidal i drop her. life is to precious to kill yourself over some worthless things if there is life there is hope. RIP

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Field Engineer (NYSC) Needed At Oildata Energy Group Limited / How To Check NOV/DEC 2017 NECO GCE Result Online / Gombe State University Website Hacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.